• Oct 2005

Re: Darren Emerson to do another Global Underground

^^ yeah tell me bout it..

Comment

• AntonyM
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

It seems in this digital age, a packaged cd mix is sometimes an afterthought, though just recently getting the Warren mix, kind of got nostalgic mulling over the photos and liner notes, but give me a four hour live mix or weekly show over the packaged cd anyway.
      Originally posted by Shpira
      So came back last night...
      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
      Originally posted by Illuminate
      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• jeffrey collins
        Not cool enough
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by AntonyM
        but compared the latest Howells and Tomiie effort on Renaisannce, GU has some catching up to do.
        AMEN Bruvah!

And I know a lot of you will not agree with this...but I think the Balance series has been lacking lately too. Renaissance seems to me right now to be the best of the compilation labels.
        Jeffrey Collins: Painter
        My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
        My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Dhar_2
          meat and potatoes
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by AntonyM
          It seems in this digital age, a packaged cd mix is sometimes an afterthought, though just recently getting the Warren mix, kind of got nostalgic mulling over the photos and liner notes, but give me a four hour live mix or weekly show over the packaged cd anyway.
          i miss cds!

there was a quality and a longevity to a cd that weekely mixes miss!

yes its great having new music every week, but it becomes very difficult to identify and fall in love with a mix.

GU9 or the northern exposure cds are epic and well loved by most. u can hardly say that the diggers kiss mix from 22-03-08 manages the same thing.

yes there are good mixes that come out, but due to the sheer volume of mixes, its not very often that u go back to them.

its no longer about appreciating the mix, but filtering through the sheer quantity!

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Oct 2005

^^ True dat

Comment

• simonr
              Transitionator
              • Jun 2004

I still prefer the GU style sets to the Transitions sets packed with "cheeky edits" ... sometimes its not about storing up stacks of tracks and pouring over them for months - there was enough in the Bonaroo set to lay the foundations of a stellar GU or NE 4.

The GU's used to be an event with the packaging and the top notch DJ's.

Much as I like Invol2ver and Transitions, its Communicate/GU013 ibiza/GU019 LA/ NE vols 1-3 that I play and cherish the most.
              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                meat and potatoes
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                Much as I like Invol2ver and Transitions, its Communicate/GU013 ibiza/GU019 LA/ NE vols 1-3 that I play and cherish the most.
                Word!

the back lash has begun! time to restore what once was lost!!

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                  Not cool enough
                  • Jun 2004

The only mix I have recently heard within the past two years that I come back to time and time again is this...

I friggin love this mix.
                  Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                  My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                  My Soundcloud page.

Comment

Working...