Fresh promo mixes from Jeff Taylor, Holosound and Seth Nichols

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomTom
    Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
    • May 2002

Special Download
    Fresh promo mixes from Jeff Taylor, Holosound and Seth Nichols

It's time to bring a bit more life again to our special download section so we hope you will enjoy a fresh promo mix from Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) and stay tuned for more music coming up later this week.

Just go to our Download page: http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/downloads.php to get ahold of the mix and post your feedback in here.

Jeff Taylor (Canada)

Biography:

"Having been spinning now for 7 years in both Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta, Jeff has developed a style all his own. Heavily influenced by the likes of John Digweed and Danny Howells, his sets range from tech-tinged house to dark and progressive.

A strong sense of the fundamentals, including a knack for seemless mixes, drives his sets. 'Good programming is key', says Jeff, who often works on a single mix for days to get the desired progression.

Look for Jeff to make the transition into production this summer, and watch out for more mixes coming your way soon."

Tracklist:

1. Stephan Hinz - Diescinerum
    2. Funkwerkstatt - Sonde 03054
    3. Prompt - Evolve
    4. Sandy Vee - Bleep (Pig and Dan remix)
    5. Bushwacka! - Grated
    6. Marascia & Dusty Kid - Sineless
    7. Oliver Klein & Peter Jurgens - Scoville
    8. Oliver Huntemann - Sorgenbrecher
    9. Booka Shade - Charlotte (Dubfire Remix)
    10. Booka Shade - Charlotte (Booka Shade Remix)
    11. Sasha - Coma (Slam's Paragraph mix)
    12. Daso & Pawas - Det (Schatrax remix)
    13. John Digweed - Gridlock (Henry Siaz White Noise remix)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008-06-04 Update

The second mix for this week is from two guys we have featured many times before..Alex and Noah from Holosound so start your engines for another special download only available here at [ms].

Holosound (USA)

Biography:

"Holosound came together on the beaches of Miami in March of 2003. Since that time, Alex Fish and Noah Becker have been working hard to build Holosound into an entity synonymous with high energy live sets as well as groundbreaking production. With several releases under their belt and an increasingly diverse resume of venues they’ve played worldwide, things are just starting to get exciting for these two young men.

Both Alex and Noah have been DJing since the late 90’s but only began formally pursuing it as a career choice together as Holosound in October of 2004 when Alex relocated to New York City from Los Angeles. Prior to that time Noah had been spending the majority of his time working with several prolific music producers in and around the city and learning the ins and outs of digital audio production and . Alex had been working in the film industry and DJing along the west coast.

Within the first two weeks of arriving on the east coast, Alex joined Noah in throwing the first of their “CITRIC” parties in various venues around the city. Nearly three years later, they’re stronger than ever, and CITRIC has become synonymous with Holosound. Their recipe for a consistent, exciting and refreshing party in NYC: Holosound, their friend and partner in the party Derek Godwin and an ever changing roster of fellow DJs from both inside and outside the US. Fueled by a stable of die-hard fans and their open door policy to students, tourists, and beautiful women, CITRIC has found it’s own niche in the often crowded nightlife scene in New York.

Holosound’s live sets are quickly gaining notoriety for their subversive sexual undertones coupled with only the freshest and newest beats around. In a world where electronic music Djs often succumb to simply playing different carbon copies of a particular genre, Holosound look at their sound as something that is living, constantly growing and changing with the times.

Looking to the future, their goal is simply to expand Holosound’s reach worldwide by touching as many people as possible through their DJ Sets, CITRIC Parties and Original Productions and Remixes. Confident their interpretation of dance music will speak for itself, they work tirelessly to play in as many places around the globe as possible and spread a happy and fun-loving vibe to a world that clearly could use it."

Tracklist:

1. Reference - Exo
    2. Johnwaynes - Muzzle feat. Hubert Tubbs
    3. Cari Lekebusch - Shaded
    4. Milkwish - Light Stripes
    5. Nosmo vs. Kris B - One for the Road (Fiord Remix)
    6. Francesco Rossi - Ibiza Dream (Sunrise Mix)
    7. Mike Monday - I Dream of Ducks (extended version)
    8. ITO and Ran Shani - Aviation
    9. Cid Inc. - Sister
    10. Alan Fitzpatrick - Papercut
    11. Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso - 555 (Popof Neo Trans Version)
    12. Goldfrapp - A&E (Gui Borrato Mix)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008-06-11 Update

They say all good things come by in threes so here is another update on our Downloads page and another debut from Seth Nichols. The mix is also special in another way because it's an "oldschool" vinyl mix which you do not hear that often anymore these days so we hope you will enjoy what Seth has put together for the Mercuryserver community.

Seth Nichols (USA)

Biography:

Seth is a long time electronic music enthusiast, as he began to listen to EDM at the ripe age of 12 in 1992. He religiously listened to the late Saturday night radio show “97 extra beats” on Cincinnati’s 97X. He often taped the show for future listening and exploration into this new, weird sound. This was the weekly tradition of Seth and his long time friend John Mack, and was their own little secret all the way through high school as they never really found many others who enjoyed electronic music. What started as a shared love of music with a friend became the beginning of the path that has taken Seth to where he is today.

Not until 1999 did Seth discover a place outside of his cd player that electronic music could be heard and enjoyed. Seth was drawn into the rave scene with a vengeance. Shortly after the summer of 99, Seth and John invested in their first dj setup consisting of 2 Gemini direct drive turntables and a Gemini mixer. Premium equipment right out the gate, I know! This then led to purchasing records mainly from eBay and other on-line record stores as they were in a small college town in Ohio (Springfield – Wittenberg University). Along with purchasing, they began selling records as well and soon started their own business, Evolving Records.

Seth and John left college and headed off to Indianapolis to open up a record store. The record store ran fairly successfully up to 2006 when it was shutdown and moved on-line. Today it is run solely by Seth under the name of ‘Love Vinyl Records’, and is doing quite well.

Throughout the time that the record store was open, the DJ career of Seth began to take shape. Since, Seth has opened for numerous big name DJs who came through Indianapolis since 2002, and a host of cities around the US. Cities played in include Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Chicago, Detroit, Louisville, Cincinnati and more. Seth has also held 2 club residencies in Indianapolis : Eden Nightclub in 03-04 and Therapy Nightclub from 06-present.

In the mix he likes to keep things fresh, exciting, and unpredictable. In some ways you may expect the outcome but in the overall picture there is something mystical about his sound. Seth puts his heart behind all of his sets relentlessly working towards perfection in the art of DJing. He leans towards tracks that hold a raw emotion to them, which may be good or bad emotions. But, it’s all part of the mix, getting from one place to the next through landscapes of sounds and the joining of worlds.

Seth has also been working on his own music productions off and on since 2003. While nothing has been officially released yet, he is well on his way. Seth has been putting a lot more time and effort into his studio work over the past year and has been making solid gains. You can listen to handful of his works on his myspace page – inquire via message if you would like a copy of a track. Much more to come very soon.

Here is a 1hr19min live mix with no pre-programming or post editing. Hope you enjoy a “raw edge of your seat” experience as you journey through this eclectic sound story.

Tracklisting (This is an all vinyl mix) :

01. Milky Globe and James Holden – Sun Spots [LoEB]
    02. Klovn – McKlaren (Minilogue remix) [Pineapple]
    03. Kate Simko – Soltera [Spectral]
    04. Baxendale – Music For Girls (Ada remix) [Scheinselbstaendig]
    05. Gabriel Ananda – Diako [Karmarouge]
    06. Mark August – Warm [Innervisions]
    07. Oskar Offermann – Fluffer [White]
    08. Kauffelt & Toby Izui – Melt Into [Frisbee Tracks]
    09. Synclair – Synclair (Expander remix) [Areal]
    10. Oscar – Breakpoint [Karate Klub]
    11. Stereofunk & St. Martinique – Subholz [Klang Gymnastik]
    12. David K – Luna [Supplemental Facts]
    13. Umek – Print This Story [Manual]
    14. Gabriel Ananda & Dominik Eulberg – NGC 101 [Traum]
    15. DJ Yellow – Western Impakt [Poussez! Light]

www.myspace.com/sethnichols
    www.myspace.com/djsethnichols
    other mixes for download
    djsethnichols@yahoo.com
    Last edited by TomTom; June 11, 2008, 01:29:41 AM.
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

Re: Jeff Taylor may 2008 promo mix

heard it last week sometime and enjoyed it, nice work jeff.

Comment

• AntonyM
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

Looks like a total builder.
      Originally posted by Shpira
      So came back last night...
      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
      Originally posted by Illuminate
      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Funky Dredd
        Are you Kidding me??
        • May 2005

Grabbing this now.
        Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• spyros
          Gold Gabber
          • May 2007

tracklisting looks very good!

downloading now!
          Greeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks

"Winston Churchill"

Comment

• kassios
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Really nice mix enjoyed it all the way......

Well done Jeff
            http://soundcloud.com/concept-sheep

Comment

• Lorn
              Looking for a title!
              • Sep 2004

Thank you!

Comment

• TomTom
                • May 2002

Re: Fresh promo mixes from Jeff Taylor and Holosound

Thread and Downloads page updated.

Comment

• FM
                  Wooooooo!
                  • Jun 2004

hell yea...another Holosound mix.
                  FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                  "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                  Facebook!
                  A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• tiddles
                    Encryption, Jr.
                    • Jun 2004

i downloaded both mixes and it looks like the holosound mix is the same file as the jeff's mix. anyone else see this or did i fuck up somewhere?

Comment

• AntonyM
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Oct 2004

Alex Fish, what up?
                      Good to see some new stuff from them
                      have to get back out to NYC
                      still pissed I missed him and Andy last time I was out.
                      Originally posted by Shpira
                      So came back last night...
                      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                      Originally posted by Illuminate
                      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• alexfish333
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by AntonyM
                        Alex Fish, what up?
                        Good to see some new stuff from them
                        have to get back out to NYC
                        still pissed I missed him and Andy last time I was out.

Yoyo ;-)

Working on some label stuff for CITRIC right now and I'll be back here to post a track-listing ;-)
                        Holosound@Vertigo in Costa Rica Streaming Video and Audio http://livestream.com/urbanettv/vide...8-c5911280cf91

Part of the weekend never dies...

Comment

• day_for_night
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by tiddles
                          i downloaded both mixes and it looks like the holosound mix is the same file as the jeff's mix. anyone else see this or did i fuck up somewhere?
                          ok so i just checked this, and yes indeed the holosound file is my mix (though labled as theirs). will get kamal or tom to fix this asap. thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• TomTom
                            • May 2002

Sorry my bad...link is corrected now.

Comment

• alexfish333
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jul 2004

Holosound June '08 Promo Tracklisting

Reference - Exo
                              Johnwaynes - Muzzle feat. Hubert Tubbs
                              Cari Lekebusch - Shaded
                              Milkwish - Light Stripes
                              Nosmo vs. Kris B - One for the Road (Fiord Remix)
                              Francesco Rossi - Ibiza Dream (Sunrise Mix)
                              Mike Monday - I Dream of Ducks (extended version)
                              ITO and Ran Shani - Aviation
                              Cid Inc. - Sister
                              Alan Fitzpatrick - Papercut
                              Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso - 555 (Popof Neo Trans Version)
                              Goldfrapp - A&E (Gui Borrato Mix)
                              Holosound@Vertigo in Costa Rica Streaming Video and Audio http://livestream.com/urbanettv/vide...8-c5911280cf91

Part of the weekend never dies...

Comment

Working...