X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saucercrab
    Getting warmed up
    • Jul 2004

Re: Sirius Radio: Area 33

Radio will always have the appeal of uncertainty. I, as others, enjoy not knowing what the next track will be and take advantage of the lack of interference needed with loading a CD or an iPod playlist when I hop into my car each day. My comments on capitalist radio revolve around the commercialization of many stations and corporate control of what must be played to satisfy the record companies. I've been a DJ for a local Clear Channel "Alternative" affiliate and the mandatory track selections made me sick. Commercial free radio FTW.

As for electronic radio - it's absolutely nil in any part of the States I have ever lived. Area 33 is as close as I'm going to come to having a personal DJ and I really enjoy the station MOST of the time. This thread is meant to discuss ways paying customers could possibly refocus the schedule of a seemingly confused "private" radio station.

I listen to several stations on Sirius, and am quite happy with the selection thus far. LOC, Lithium, Boombox, Alt Nation, NPR, etc, etc are all preset on my radio, but this thread deals specifically with 33. I appreciate all constructive comments, but would like to ask all those who solely wish to criticize my aim to GTFO and start their own threads dealing with the "absurdity of listening to dance music on the radio."

Comment

Working...