Scott Carrelli........And Im outta here.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swedetech
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: Scott Carrelli........And Im outta here.

TomTom... Tell us the whole story!!!

---------------

check out http://www.stockmonk.net for all your graphic needs!!! and www.jnmedia.com for custom websites, animation, 3d and more...

Comment

• drthundr
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

yup...three sides to every story...yours, mine and the one in the middle...we want the truth!!

Comment

• Garrick
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

i think we shouldn't worry about it... just let tomtom and scott work it out.
        Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• MJ
          Here since 2002
          • Jun 2004

^^ yup, i`m with Gazza
          mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• FM
            Wooooooo!
            • Jun 2004

so [ms] won't host your set...sheesh. Sorry, but that shouldn't be a BFD (big fucking deal).

It's not like they get inundated with requests and uploads for stuff as is. Can't get them to do it? Host it, or distribute it yourself.

It sounds like, based on your response, that when you said you were going to upload it to [ms] in your other thread, they had no idea you were going to.

Intentions good? Yea, maybe. Typically they are.

But, you can't do that. It puts you and them in a somewhat precarious situation, more so you, because if it doesn't go through people will wonder what happened and you'll basically look like an ass (even more so now based on the position you took).

Whether this was a one-time mistake or not, I'm sick of people doing this stuff....they hype up something or let the cat out of the bag early and get people excited about something, when it turns out in the end it was either over-hyped, or it wasn't even discussed or mentioned to the other party prior.

With that, either you or TomTom hopefully work out things in private and come to at least a mutual understanding, or you walk away all hissy and stubborn about this.
            FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
            "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
            Facebook!
            A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• drthundr
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

no, i'd rather sit in on a friday and get to the bottom of this little conspiracy...wow...i'm depressed...i need a drink :cry:

Comment

• Hos
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by FM";p="
                so [ms] won't host your set...sheesh. Sorry, but that shouldn't be a BFD (big fucking deal).

It's not like they get inundated with requests and uploads for stuff as is. Can't get them to do it? Host it, or distribute it yourself.

It sounds like, based on your response, that when you said you were going to upload it to [ms] in your other thread, they had no idea you were going to.

Intentions good? Yea, maybe. Typically they are.

But, you can't do that. It puts you and them in a somewhat precarious situation, more so you, because if it doesn't go through people will wonder what happened and you'll basically look like an ass (even more so now based on the position you took).

Whether this was a one-time mistake or not, I'm sick of people doing this stuff....they hype up something or let the cat out of the bag early and get people excited about something, when it turns out in the end it was either over-hyped, or it wasn't even discussed or mentioned to the other party prior.

With that, either you or TomTom hopefully work out things in private and come to at least a mutual understanding, or you walk away all hissy and stubborn about this.
                hole in one

you are spot on with your assesment of the situation
                black is the new black www.mercuryserver.com

Comment

• MJ
                  Here since 2002
                  • Jun 2004

^^^Then if thats the case i think Scotty boy has been a little hasty in his response. I`ll be sad to see you go Scott but you gotta have a better attitude than that man.

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• MusicJatt
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Aug 2004

i have no knowledge of whats going

however i will say that this board is something worth participating in ... i hope the problem is resolved quickly and as far as the board putting up anything from Q6, ill listen

Comment

• TomTom
                      Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                      • May 2002

Originally posted by drthundr";p="
                      yup...three sides to every story...yours, mine and the one in the middle...we want the truth!!
                      Originally posted by swedetech";p="
                      TomTom... Tell us the whole story!!!

Originally posted by emre";p="
                      Some more info would be nice or are we gonna be kept in the dark?!
                      Normally I would not post an official statement about such an issue as it is not of public interest but Scott decided to make it public and I don?t like to look like an ass just because I have a different opinion then he has so here is the full story.

This week I received a few PM's from people asking me when the Sean Cusick set will finally be hosted. I did not know what they talked about so I asked them and they referred me to Scott's posting. I don?t have the time to read all threads on [ms] anymore especially having one Eye open for our new spin off site http://www.mercuryengine.come so I was not aware that Scott posted that he "uploads the set to the MS server". I also saw a few postings from our members like "can't wait" "great job Scott" and what not so the public demand was obviously already created.

Well as for uploading, Scott does not have the login info to our FTP as it changed again when we switched to a different hosting service and he has for sure no access to our servers as only E and me are authorized.

Normally people tell us that they have something to share with us and ask if we are interested in hosting it. Scott prefers to make threads and talks like it is clear that we host his sets or recommendations..he did this with his own set in the past and now did it again. As i prefer to have a choice and also prefer the first in first out principle which means the sets we get first are hosted first and I sometimes have pre-scheduled two or three weeks of specials for hosting on [ms] I did not like the way he acted so I dropped him this PM:

Hi Scott,

I really do not like the way you try to involve public in a set you want to promote without even asking one of the team behind ms. You did this the last time with your own set and made several public threads about it and now you do it again. Did you ever think about the fact that you try to use our bandwith for your suggestions? I don?t know if we will host this set...depends if it is good or not and it also depends if it fits into what we planned and have already scheduled. Sometimes we have enough sets queued up for hosting for several weeks and everybody else asks if we are intersted in a set, only you not. If you want to promote a set and want people to listen to it, rent a server and host it on your own. You can always make a suggestion but the way you post about uploading a set is not okay for me. Next time please ask one of us via PM or Email in advance so we get a chance to say Yes or No. Right now I already see the usual suspects posting "can't wait" "Great set" so we would not look good if we now say that we don't host it. I hope you understand it this time that you better arrange some things directly with one of us and not by creating a public demand.

Tom

Next thing I saw was a reply that he does not agree and he told me he will not bother [ms] anymore and he started this thread with the first sentence "I'm sure this is going to be removed, so much for freedom of speech." which is fucking ridiculous. If Scott thinks my PM was so mean and worth to leave our site I won?t stop him and if Scott can't understand my way of seeing things it is his problem as well. All I asked for was to talk to one of us if he has something to share and I am always up for a compromise or a "gentleman agreement" and I never said we won't host the Cusick set at all. End of story as far as I am concerned with.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                        DJ Jelly
                        • Jun 2004

thanks for taking the time TomTom to let us know. Though as far as I am concerned it was between you and him. This thread definitely got out of hand (bags), and I hope it gets resolved.

Christ who needs Nip/Tuck and Eastenders when you have threads like this, lol. <<< just wanted to lighten the mood a bit.

Now it is the weekend.. lets party for fucks sake!!!!!!

Comment

• skahound
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • Jun 2004

Well said you unrelenting narrator, let's officially close this topic.
                          A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• swedetech
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

Thanks TomTom! you first email to him totally made sense, Hopefully Scott will realize you weren't trying to be a dick or whatever...

---------------

check out http://www.stockmonk.net for all your graphic needs!!! and www.jnmedia.com for custom websites, animation, 3d and more...

Comment

• MJ
                              Here since 2002
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound";p="
                              Well said you unrelenting narrator

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• Kamal
                                Administrator
                                • May 2002

I've had my eye on this thread since inception. in fact even before it came up, I knew it was gonna (seeing how Scott's been on the forums) and the very fact that Tom even told me he was gonna PM Scott.

What Tom did was spot on. SPOT ON. The basic assumption that you have something to share and that [ms] will host it for you even without you ASKING is just bloody ridiculous. Sorry Scott.... I've gotta agree with Tom on this....

Even Grant from .audio PM's the team and asks for info to upload sets. No one even knows the sets will be coming up UNTIL the [ms] Team has mutually agreed to host it.

Yes you offered us a set from Cusick which in most cases wouldn't have been questioned to be put up.... but we have had EXCLUSIVES such as Zabiela's Promo / Jimmy Van M / Danny Howells 3 hours exclusive / Christian Cambas / Christopher Lobsinger / Trent Anthony / Robbie Lowe / DJ CP / Moshic / Kasey Taylor (just to name a few from the top of my 2 year hosting spree) and they had to ALL wait their turn for release on MS. More so, NONE were announced until the team decided to host them...

As Tom pointed out, we get a shit load of sets.... and not ALL get played.... the ones that do are cued in sequence to give a right of way to those who have taken the effort to share.... there's NO POINT in hyping a topic to high heaven and then realizing you've made the planet wait 6 weeks to give it out....

Everyone on [ms] is the same. We dont jump the gun for anyone, unless of course if Digweed himself told me he wanted something on here, which I'm sure no would've minded...

As for you making a public mockery of the situation because of a lesser understanding, that alone makes it evident how pride stricken you are....

sorry its gotta be this way, I never like losing members, its what makes [ms] [ms]...

we wish you luck and hope you dont carry any grudges / misunderstandings....

peace

- Kamal
                                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                                he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                                Originally posted by ace_dl
                                Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                                I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

Working...