If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I'm in Houston for the summer, and it's about $3.89 for regular, so it's right at $50 to fill up my Honda Element. Luckily I can bike most places when I'm back at college, and now I'll pretty much have to anyway.
$50 = £25 = dreamland. £75 to fill up my car in the UK, that's $150..... And yesterday a couple of gas stations hiked the price because of a fuel strike, if I'd filled up there it would have cost getting on for $300....
I know it's all relative, but spare a thought for us over here!
I always put it in perspective with what you guys have to pay over there.
I doubt it's supply/demand...well maybe a bit. Tack on a slew of speculators/trading on the futures market, and that'll certainly help drive it up, which it has...
$4.00 basically where I'm at give or take a few pennies.
FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
$50 = £25 = dreamland. £75 to fill up my car in the UK, that's $150..... And yesterday a couple of gas stations hiked the price because of a fuel strike, if I'd filled up there it would have cost getting on for $300....
I know it's all relative, but spare a thought for us over here!
When your entire country is the size of Iowa, gas prices don't matter as much.
"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."
Isn't it all relevant though?? I mean, the cost of living is different here than it is there...So, paying $4.00 for gas here and you paying what ever you are paying there could be about equal in terms of cost of living, no??
plus isnt public transport in Europe a hell of a lot better than in most places America? I know in Florida and NY other than NYC is useless and very impractical
Isn't it all relevant though?? I mean, the cost of living is different here than it is there...So, paying $4.00 for gas here and you paying what ever you are paying there could be about equal in terms of cost of living, no??
unfortunately not!!
we arent paid exceptionally well in comparison to the rest of europe or the states.And i have to admit the rising fuel prices is causing me havoc with my cash flow. especially since i use the car quite a lot.
as phazon said in the UK it costs the equivalent of $150 to fill up. we aren't paid 3 times as much in the UK, let alone here in Italy.
"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment