X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FM
    Wooooooo!
    • Jun 2004

MCast - 2 More New Shows Forthcoming...

All right folks, things continue to keep on trucking as we are set to soon add 2 more DJ's to the MCast roster.

First up is another trek down to Argentina. Ezequiel Pasquale comes aboard with his new show "Perceptions." (ed. note: not to be confused with the long-running "Perceptions" on Proton Radio)

"Influenced by bands such as Depeche Mode and New Order, Ezequiel Pasquale burst into the electronic scene in Mar del Plata, Argentina at the end of the 1990's by taking part in private events and after parties. Since his beginnings as a professional DJ, Ezequiel covered the big club circuit of Mar del Plata (Sobremonte, Club Gap, Chocolate, Mr Jones). Soon he became resident at Mr. Jones (one of the most exclusive DJ booth in his town). At the same time, he is the elect to open almost all the international gigs in his city, building a reputation on being one of the most renowned DJ's in Mar del Plata.

It doesn´t matter if it s a deep earlier set or a peak-time performance, just for friends or a 4000 people venue, he deliver always an innovative set programming with a unique track selection. He tours around the country; Rosario and Buenos Aires are the main destination.

He has shared DJ booths with artists such as Circulation, Mr. C, John Creamer, Echomen, Paul Jackson, Rowan Blades, Bill Patrick, Jaytech & Matt Rowan, Kosmas Epsilon, Derek Howell, Demi, Corrie, Martin Garcia and Aldo Haydar to name a few. He has participated in events such as Ministry of Sound, Playfest, Movement, Marbella at Night, MDQ Dance Parade, Camel Genuine Sounds, Quilmes Experience and Chandon between others.

In addition to his career as a DJ, he is currently developing his producing and remixing abilities. His unique style and sound takes influence from progressive house, techno to deep, dub and ambient stuff. His sets, a tasty combination of forward thinking music, climate and groove, have often been featured on radio shows (Last.fm, Frisky & Proton Radio)."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second is Linga Sharira w/Level B. Linga found MCast via an email through another listener and quickly applied to be added to the roster. Formerly a member of Slurpy Radio, Linga's past shows included guests like Samuel L Session, David Keno, & Clara Moto.

"Born in Toronto, Canada- Linga Sharira's passion for music and DJing began at the young age of 8 when he received a Mickey Mouse turntable as a birthday gift. Unfortunately, funding for records from his parents fell short after he kept scratching over their tunes. By the time he was 10 years of age, Linga Sharira had purchased his first 4x4 disco style cassette tapes, which ended up exposing him to House music. Two years later, Linga Sharira began mixing tracks he deemed 'mixable' making use, for the first time of double cassette players that contained dual speeds and slow forwards By the age of 15, he began playing at local events after he purchased his first mixer and turntables (with a little help from his grandmother) that came equipped with pitch control. After trying to mix with dual speed cassette players while holding the slow forward buttons ever so gently, the pitch control was a blessing.

Having a mild interest for the House classics, Linga Sharira's transition to electronic music occurred with the Trance of the early to mid 90's. These classics had given him a new love of this art form of pure music. From there on, although having a love for this genre, his style and sound has developed from his motto of D.H.T. – dark (deep), hard and “techy."

His style of hard beats, haunting melodies, tight harmonic mixing, driving bass, synth-heavy and “techy trippy” sounds has sparked much interest in those who admire the fascinating atmospheric sounds of electronic music to those who pack the dance floors. At times he makes use of keyboards/synths for live performances which ends up becoming more of a concert rather than a DJ set. He is also known for producing and mixing deep ambient and down tempo tracks. However, to classify his sound as either techno, tech-trance, psy or down tempo would be undermining his sound. He refers to his sound and style simply as electronic music; a sound and style that defines Linga Sharira- a state of energy and spirituality. Also, living up to the characteristics of a Linga Sharira – a doppelganger. Linga is known for DJing and producing under many different projects and aliases that enhance his overall sound."

Linga will also bring something different to the table with the periodic "Lunar Reflections" side of things, which is his ambient/downtempo sets.

They'll be signing up onto [ms] soon and posting in here as well...so be sure to treat them like we treat all new members on here....

That's all for now...out.
    FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
    Facebook!
    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.
  • juampy
    Addiction started
    • Dec 2005

Re: MCast - 2 More New Shows Forthcoming...

god!!!

Ezequiel is an amazing dj...in my top 5 at the moment.

can t wait to hear the first show..
    Digweed Fan!

Groove Is EveryThing!

Gracias Ari por el nombre del Brownie Gigante !!!!

Comment

• AntonyM
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

^^^^^
      Must agree he rocks it.
      Originally posted by Shpira
      So came back last night...
      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
      Originally posted by Illuminate
      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Shiva
        MCast Mistress
        • Nov 2007

Welcoming the new fellow artists to MCast family....can't wait!

Go MCast Go; we need MORE NOISE...

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

wow.. some exciting news.. great to see the mcast roster growing with some serious talent being added!

Comment

• Shiva
            MCast Mistress
            • Nov 2007

Well said Steve!

And we are looking forward to seeing this roster increase in quantity and surely in QUALITY...

Comment

• TomTom
              Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
              • May 2002

Go MCast go! Good luck to Ezequiel and Linga for their new shows!

Comment

• Linga Sharira
                Fresh Peossy
                • Jun 2008

Hi guys,

How is it going? Glad to be part of the team . As mentioned my show will be Level B, carried over from Slurpy Radio. More of a tech-house/techno/minimal/whatever oriented show. I also plan on doing an Ambient/Chill session towards the end of every month called Lunar Reflections. Still going through the setup instructions and what not but soon as I finish I'll start uploading my crappy mixes.

Comment

• tiddles
                  Encryption, Jr.
                  • Jun 2004

hey, is there a straight up housey-house show on MCast? i know some of FM's mixes are housey...if not, it needs one!

Comment

• ezekiel
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Jun 2004

finally, i m really happy to be a part of the "mcast family"...
                    Perceptions will be up on early July, so....stay tune guys!

all the best

E.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                      DJ Jelly
                      • Jun 2004

welcome E.. looking forward to it
                      also Linga looking forward to the ambient/chill mixes =)

Comment

• FM
                        Wooooooo!
                        • Jun 2004

^^prior ones...

FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                        "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                        Facebook!
                        A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                          DJ Jelly
                          • Jun 2004

VVerd, thanks Matt

Comment

• Linga Sharira
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by tiddles
                            hey, is there a straight up housey-house show on MCast? i know some of FM's mixes are housey...if not, it needs one!
                            hi, not sure what straight housey house is but should have a house dj guest for August.

Comment

• lilsensa
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

Last I checked, Steve Graham was playing teh house. Check his shit out.
                              RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

Working...