X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffrey collins
    Not cool enough
    • Jun 2004

Production Danny Tenaglia and Celeda Remix Contest for Beatport

Download and listen to new, exclusive, electronic dance music and house tracks. Available on mp3 and wav at the world’s largest store for DJs.

Celeda and Danny Tenaglia remix contest

House legends Danny Tenaglia and Celeda along with TWISTED Records team up to give music fans a chance to remix one of the biggest house music anthems of all time—Danny Tenaglia and Celeda’s ‘Music Is The Answer’.
    Individual parts of the track are available to download free or in a bundled premium, 15-part package for sale on Beatport, and participants are free to remix it into whatever genre they like.
    Once again, the Beatportal community will have the chance to vote for the best submitted remixes by ‘spinning’ the remixes they like best.
    The remix competition is open to producers from all genres, as Celeda and Danny Tenaglia are looking for innovative, cutting-edge and thought-provoking mixes of this track.
    Click through for further details and prize information.

The ‘Music Is The Answer’ remix contest operates in three phases.

The first involves a download period for remixes (from June 24th through the end of the submission phase on July 14th), the second involves an upload period by users from July 1st through July 14th, and the final phase is the voting period, which takes place within the Beatportal community from July 15th through July 29th.
    Along with having the winning remix included on the digital re-release of Twisted Records ‘Music is the Answer’, the grand prize winner will also receive a Native Instruments Traktor Skratch, a Pioneer DJM-700 Mixer, and a $100 Beatport gift card.

Danny says:
    “As soon as Celeda sang the concept to me over the telephone I knew instantly that it would be a timeless song with an important message. ‘Music Is The Answer’ is extremely dear to my heart because all the musical parts you hear are 100% from my mind and heart. I’m so excited that 10 years later a whole new generation will have the opportunity to reinterpret the song in their own style. I can’t wait to hear the new remixes! Good luck!”

Celeda says:
    “‘Music Is The Answer’ is the story of my life. Everything I’ve experienced—up or down, good or bad, happy or sad—music has always been there for me and carried me through. No matter how I feel, I can always find a song to play that fits the mood. ‘MITA’ is one of my favorites to sing live because, to me, music will always be the answer.
    “‘MITA’ was considered an anthem when it was first released ten years ago and it will always be considered an important moment in house music history, I hope the new mixes will respect the song’s heritage as an anthem and help introduce it to a new audience. I’ll enjoy something that will make my body move because if it makes me move, I think it will make others move too. Thanks in advance to everyone participating in the process.”
    Celeda and Danny Tenaglia ‘Music Is The Answer’ Remix Competition

COMPETITION RULES

1. Download the remix parts to ‘Music Is The Answer’. There are two free parts available that are not part of the premium package, and also a premium package containing all 15 parts to ‘Music Is The Answer’ — including the full version of the original — for $3.99 USD.
    Please note: The contest is being judged on originality of remix, not sound quality. You do not need to download the WAV files to enter the remix contest, unless of course you want to. If your remix is chosen as a winner, there will be time to have your tracks mastered to highest quality.
    2. Remix the track into your chosen style. All genres are welcome.
    3. Submit your remix to Beatportal’s remix website. All entries must include full contact details, telephone number and postal address. Note: If your submission is not accepted, your file is too large. Your MP3 is limited to no more than 10 MB in size.
    4. The download phase begins June 24th 2008.
    5. The submission phase of the ‘Music Is The Answer’ Remix Competition starts on July 1st 12.01pm MST and ends on July 14th 2008 at 11.59pm MST.
    6. The voting phase of the ‘Music Is The Answer’ Remix Competition starts on July 15th 2008 at 12.01am MST and ends on July 29th 2008 at 11.59pm MST.
    7. 10 remixes will be submitted as voted by the Beatportal community votes along with 10 Beatport selected remixes, from which one winner and two runners-up will be chosen by TWISTED Records, Inc. and announced on Beatportal on August 14th 2008.
    8. The winning remix will be released on Beatport.
    9. Tracks using uncleared samples from sources outside of these ‘Music Is The Answer’ parts will be disqualified.
    10. All remixes submitted for this contest become the legal property of TWISTED Records Inc.
    11. All trademarks and logos are protected. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work are reserved. Unauthorized copying, hiring, renting, public performance and broadcasting of this record, remix or remix parts is prohibited.
    12. You may upload your remix to MySpace and other online sites but it must be clearly named as a ‘’Music Is The Answer’ remix competition entry’ eg:
    Artist: Celeda and Danny Tenaglia
    Track: ‘Music Is The Answer’
    Remix Title: DJ XY’s Remix Competition Entry
    Label: White Label
    1st place prizes

Winner’s remix included on the digital re-release of Twisted Records ‘Music is the Answer’
    Native Instruments Traktor Skratch
    Pioneer DJM-700 Mixer
    $100 Beatport gift card.
    2nd place prizes

Winner’s choice of one Native Instruments Soundpack
    $50 Beatport Gift Card
    3rd place prizes

Winner’s choice of one Native Instruments Soundpack
    $25 Beatport Gift Card
    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
    My Soundcloud page.
  • breslin44
    Fresh Peossy
    • Mar 2006

Re: Danny Tenaglia and Celeda Remix Contest for Beatport

if i had time, i'd love to have a crack at this.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
      Not cool enough
      • Jun 2004

I'm making time for this one. I'd rather do this any day than a Sasha remix...even though i know most of my brethren on here are much more into the man like...
      My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Nigel Harkness
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

I'd rather pay $3.99 than the $30 to enter the Nic Fancuilli remix contest.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
          Not cool enough
          • Jun 2004

i remember hearing about the fanciulli remix. and thought NO WAY i'm spending that much for a remix that I might not win. I'd rather stay low with getting remix ops from lesser known producers and building myself up from there.
          My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• larock
            Fresh Peossy
            • Jan 2010

hi

Where i can get the remix files? I know, thie remix contest was in 2008. I cant buy it at beatport. I will pay for them.

Thank You

LaRock

Comment

• jeffrey collins
              Not cool enough
              • Jun 2004

Post around a little bit more so we really get to know you, and then maybe you'll receive a little present in your message box.
              My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• lilsensa
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Guess he doesn't like presents....
                RIP ~ Steve James

Comment