X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hambino21
    PFC Semen Ham
    • Jul 2004

Re: Kids

I just get sick and tired of seeing peopl who have kids due to pressure, immaturity, carelessness, etc. the kids always end up screwed up, and everyone has to listen to the trailer park arguments between the divorced parents, or seperated parents, whatever. People just don't think any more. There is too many people with kids who should have never had any. If you aren't ready, you aren't ready. I myself won't be ready for a while,and thats cool. There is nothing wrong with feeling like that.
    " Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"

- Me-

Comment

• Dhar_2
      meat and potatoes
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Steve Graham
      yeah, but thats not your kid, there's a difference..the difference being, your able to hand him back to his parents and you can go home and do what you want! lol

not wanting to have kids isnt the same as not liking/loving kids.. I adore my neices, and friends of mine that have kids, I have fun with them
      thats cause u get to give them back!!!

Comment

• Taylor Norris
        Platinum Poster
        • Oct 2005

I am 28 and have always known I would not want kids of my own. However my g/f of 5 years has an 8 year old son. I kinda get the best of both worlds. He is with his father 50% of the time leaving half the weekends for us to travel or relax.

He's a really good kid and I try to act as an older brother instead of a father. He already has a good dad.....

On the downside we have been wanting to move out of state and this of course this presents a problem......

Here's a couple pics we took at our local spot...his name is Blaze.

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

that first one is GREAT!

Comment

• Taylor Norris
            Platinum Poster
            • Oct 2005

Yeah he's a little rock star. He is really into electronic music and has his favorite tracks he requests to be played in the car. He also just started taking guitar lessons.

We plan on taking him to DEMF next year. My mom may go with us and stay in a seperate room to watch him at night while we hit the after parties.....

Comment

• rainman
              Platinum Poster
              • Dec 2005

Taylor - some awesome picks of the little whipper snapper. those are great!

to the original question - it doesn't make you selfish if you know that you don't want kids. don't look at it as being selfish, look at it as being mature enough to know what you want and don't want out of life and being mature enough to take the precautionary steps to live your life the way you want. I myself have to boys that I would lay down and give my very life for at any moment, but parenthood is not for everyone. the ability to realize what you want and come to terms with it says more about you than having kids and then realizing that you either made a mistake or being a horrible parent. I see too many people who didn't think about parenthood before they became parents then end up being shitty parents because they are only concerned with themselves or are not able to become selfless which is requirement number one for being a good parent imo.

Comment

• |Thrax|
                Platinum Poster
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dhar_2
                i dont want them!!

people keep preaching at me about how's it your own flesh and blood, that it loves u selflessly, that your life and priorities change, blah, blah.

i'm not ready. i cant even look after myself, let alone another small human being. maybe in time, the right place, time and girl.

but for now. no chance!!!

now where did i leave those spray on condoms???!!!
                THE RESERVOIR BRO! There is none.

On this note, I'm 27, havnt found anyone that will put up with me, not sure if i want to have children.
                This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
                Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

• buckman
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Im 33 and the blood line in my family starts and ends with me
                  " Darkness Imprisioning Me
                  All That I See
                  Absolute Horror
                  I Cannot Live
                  I Cannot Die
                  Trapped In Myself
                  Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)

soulseek sn buckman28

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

To all of you brave enough to say you don't want kids Good on you!!
                    The less unwanted kids in the world the better. !!
                    Originally posted by TheVrk
                    it IS incredible isn't it??
                    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...