• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threehills
    I heart Lollergirl
    • Jun 2005

Re: "RED" for [MS] Members

Thanks Shiva!

I'd buy you flowers as a token of appreciation, but I'd probably get the wrong color
    It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• FM
      Wooooooo!
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Shiva
      (you know, there is a tiny list of ppl called "VVIP"...these are not just friends, they are decision-makers too)

even they don't get a copy..
      FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
      "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
      Facebook!
      A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• Jibgolly
        Vortexuralizor
        • Jun 2004

Shiva, not sure if you are aware of how mercuryserver started out, but there was a time when special mixes were encrypted with passwords, and the admins would only email these passwords to members. maybe you can bring us back to our roots and release this mix under the same method.

just an idea.

it's great to have exclusivity!

Comment

• AntonyM
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2004

Glad to see you posting mixes on MCast have enjoy the last couple of them. Carry on.
          Originally posted by Shpira
          So came back last night...
          Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
          Originally posted by Illuminate
          Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
          2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
          3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
          4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Shiva
            MCast Mistress
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by threehills
            Thanks Shiva!

I'd buy you flowers as a token of appreciation, but I'd probably get the wrong color
            ^^^

We are getting somewhere

Originally posted by Jibgolly
            special mixes were encrypted with passwords, and the admins would only email these passwords to members. maybe you can bring us back to our roots and release this mix under the same method.

just an idea.

it's great to have exclusivity!

I didn't get this one, you put a password on a posted set? Anyone on [MS] can see it but no one can listen to it unless they get that password?

Yes, I understand this exclusivity idea...Thats a nice way to protect it from being spread around the net....nice one, we could do something like that.

Comment

• Shiva
              MCast Mistress
              • Nov 2007

^ What if the password leaks out, or the encryption gets cracked or something; with all kinds of software around nowadays I guess nothing is safe....donno

But sets "usually" are exclusive...especially when the dj signs the mixes with drops and jingles of the site...they are exclusive for ever. But in this idea its the password thing that makes it different.

Originally posted by FM
              even they don't get a copy..
              That's so rude...

Comment

• THE_LIGHT
                MCast Resident DJ
                • Jun 2004

Thx Shiva

cheers
                hafid

Comment

• BureOne
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

Glad you're diggin' this place more and more. Its pretty addicting. Lots of knowledgable people here. With a bunch of EDM to last a life time!!!

Comment

• diegoff
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

muchas gracias!
                    It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
                    Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
                    May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• FM
                      Wooooooo!
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Shiva
                      ^ What if the password leaks out, or the encryption gets cracked or something; with all kinds of software around nowadays I guess nothing is safe....donno

But sets "usually" are exclusive...especially when the dj signs the mixes with drops and jingles of the site...they are exclusive for ever. But in this idea its the password thing that makes it different.
                      it ultimately does no matter what...someone here would share it elsewhere and then it's over. However, it does have the link back here and you would theoretically get plenty of downloads before it began to "leak"...most people are too lazy to change the filenames anyway

the hell with those VVIP...[ms] is even more important then them
                      FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                      "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                      Facebook!
                      A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                        Vortexuralizor
                        • Jun 2004

shiva, the way it worked back then was... the sets were hosted here on a download page. you could see what was available, but without the password you could not download it. my suggestion was to implement a similar way of hosting it, and only share it with the people that contact you directly. at least then it is in semi-safe hands for a week or so til it is fully leaked all over the WWW.

just a suggestion, we are a somewhat patient crowd here at [MS] and will gladly wait for your decision.

Comment

• Shiva
                          MCast Mistress
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                          shiva, the way it worked back then was... the sets were hosted here on a download page. you could see what was available, but without the password you could not download it. my suggestion was to implement a similar way of hosting it, and only share it with the people that contact you directly. at least then it is in semi-safe hands for a week or so til it is fully leaked all over the WWW.

just a suggestion, we are a somewhat patient crowd here at [MS] and will gladly wait for your decision.
                          I like ur suggestion Jib, very nice idea...
                          Wouldn't mind trying that out...lets see how deep the rabbit hole goes...

I appreciate the [MS] crowd's patience, but I am the one who is NOT patient
                          Can't wait to throw that RED at ya

Comment

• unkownartist
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2005

what jibs is sudjesting is actually a good idea but you give it out ones @ a time with a seperate little edit each time ( for example a sneeky little disguised pitch edit ) only where you know it is then if it spreads then u know who u can trust or not

Comment

• -fo
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • Jun 2008

I've watched Shiva as an artist/dj grow from when she first started her musical Career, n i must say shes progressed much since when I first heard her spin live after Marco V as the closing act a few years back in Lebanon. Shes literally taken her already existing potential, fostered it, n refined her style to create a very
                              deep, epiphany-based, Sensually Intensive feel with the experience she molds in each of her sets. I can't help but get the impression every time i put on one of her magical experiences in the form of a set n kick back n vibe, that the music is so much of a lifestyle to her. N the shere creativity behind her sets, is that she isn't afraid to experiment with sounds; leap forward to her Mcast 5 session ( the 2 hour proton set which is till now one of my favourite sessions) n its clear shes found herself in the music as an ARTIST, where the essence of her vibe is felt.

I know, seeing how Shiva is very approachable with people who are deeply absorb into her music, that leaks of sets can be a burden; although I know she'd like nothing more then to share her set, with such a beautiful base of QUALITY listeners on MS. But judging on having somewhat of an idea, on where this set is leaning to; "RED" as a set, is one set u should not sleep on when released. Assurances, it will be well worth the wait, Indulge MS members *winky*

Comment

• Shiva
                                MCast Mistress
                                • Nov 2007

^

Welcome to [ms] sweety... its good to see u here.
                                [ms] is a very nice community, music and more is available, I hope u'll enjoy it.

Comment

Working...