X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJDub
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

FAO Space/NASA Nerds

I was down at Cape Canaveral last October for the space shuttle Discovery launch and finally put the photos from it in a proper video. The video is below, but go to the link and click on "watch in high quality" to get the best out of it. Enjoy.

[youtube]pDuQgJ5dUxQ[/youtube]

http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: FAO Space/NASA Nerds

17,000 m/hr..... fantastic feat to have achieved.

another awesome calculation to have discovered (by mister isaac himself) is that if you were to drill a tunnel straight down from san francisco to london or san francisco to new yor or san fran to seattle or san fran to tokyo, the time taken to traverse the distance will always be 42 minutes no matter which destination you choose.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• sakio pod
      SALAD TOSSER
      • Jun 2004

i job i was dere to......we got off work and just jumped on the beachline and got to cocoa right in time to hotbox the ridgeline and get out on 2 the beach.

its one of the best free 20 second shows

THANKS THE PICS

SPACE IS MY FAV

Comment

• MJDub
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
        17,000 m/hr..... fantastic feat to have achieved.

another awesome calculation to have discovered (by mister isaac himself) is that if you were to drill a tunnel straight down from san francisco to london or san francisco to new yor or san fran to seattle or san fran to tokyo, the time taken to traverse the distance will always be 42 minutes no matter which destination you choose.
        That doesn't make sense. Explain that a little more.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

Originally posted by MJDub
          That doesn't make sense. Explain that a little more.
          basically if you were to drill a hole into the ground (straight down) such that this tunnel connects any 2 places on the earth, be it on the same side of the globe or the opposite side, the time taken to traverse the length of that tunnel in a free fall, will always be 42 minutes, be it that this tunnel was made from san fran to ny or san fran to tokyo...... its just how gravity acts on the body through a free fall.
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• MJDub
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

But wouldn't a tunnel that went "straight down" only go to the opposite side of the planet though (say from San Fran to China)? Otherwise, say a tunnel from San Fran to New York wouldn't be totally "straight down."

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

Originally posted by MJDub
              But wouldn't a tunnel that went "straight down" only go to the opposite side of the planet though (say from San Fran to China)? Otherwise, say a tunnel from San Fran to New York wouldn't be totally "straight down."
              yes it wouldn't be a tunnel straight across the planet, but curved in order to connect the shorter distances for the 2 points that are not positioned in a straight line on opposite sides. but point being, that no matter what this distance would be, you would cover it in 42 minutes. always.
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• hashhead
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

but once u hit the core gravity would keep u there wouldnt it???

Comment

• lilsensa
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

So you would stop and change directions at aprox 21 minutes?? Like a marble in an empty paper towel role, flip it once the marble get about half way....I'm buzzed.
                  RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

Originally posted by hashhead
                    but once u hit the core gravity would keep u there wouldnt it???
                    apparently not, inertia at this stage will be a stronger force than gravity
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Dhar_2
                      meat and potatoes
                      • Jun 2004

man! this place is full of nerds!!!

Comment

Working...