So what time should I rock up unannounced?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

So what time should I rock up unannounced?

I've sent out a bunch of emails, some have gotten back to me, some I've met. But there's still a bunch who haven't. And I doubt if they're gonna revert because I'm doing the cold call thing and most places who aren't looking for people never bothers to reply, it's emailing a blackhole.

My next plan of action is to visit the companies I want, without appointment, and ask to see someone briefly, like 5 mins or less. So I can introduce myself, pass the person my work, if they have the time, I can show them some stuff, otherwise well the main goal is to have some face-to-face and hopefully they might be more compelled to review my stuff then.

But I'm kinda stuck about what time I should do this. I'm thinking Monday, between 10-11am (assuming people start at 9 and they'll have their breakfasts, coffees, catch up, etc).

You guys have any suggestions for a good time to show up unannounced? I know it's not cool to be unannounced but I'm not after an interview, just want to say hi and drop off my stuff.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: So what time should I rock up unannounced?

the squeaky wheel always gets fixed first
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

What time is that?

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

right after lunch imo, people don't really want to dive into work after a meal and they would generally be open for chit-chat, with a co-worker or even if you someone shows up unannounced
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        Originally posted by ace_dl
        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Hmmm that's a good idea too. I've changed it to Tuesday because Mondays they usually have their work in progress meetings. I'll do a 10am and 2pm knocking in case I can't catch someone at 10.

Comment

• Steve Graham
            DJ Jelly
            • Jun 2004

i was thinking mondays would be bad, well, because its monday and typically people are not too chuffed about being at work to being with.. tuesday or wednesday IMO.. and yes i agree with K, after lunch

Comment

• Dhar_2
              meat and potatoes
              • Jun 2004

if i were u, i'd stay at home!

Comment

• Kamal
                Administrator
                • May 2002

Originally posted by Dhar_2
                if i were u, i'd stay at home!
                if I could, I so fucking would
                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                Originally posted by ace_dl
                Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• scottpuig
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jan 2005

no Mondays at all imo. Tuesday is always slower and 2-4 is best time as well oh and no Fridays either

Comment

Working...