• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chuckc
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: My Road Trip across the US

Originally posted by Dhar_2
    i'd love to road trip across the states!!!

they say its boring as hell. nothing but endless road with a couple of things to see every 1000 miles.

what route did u take chuck??? whats your opinion on the above statement?
    a short summary of my route: Florida to Texas to New Mexico to Arizona to Nevada to Utah to Wyoming to Montana to South Dakota to Iowa to Illinois to Kentucky to Tenesses to Georgia and back to Florida.

The only boring part is getting from the east side of the US to the west. Florida nd Texas is a drag but once your in the west states of arizona/utah/wyoming/monana its beutiful. Also the drive back home stinks big time.

I would recommend Utah as the most beutiful state. We took Scenic Byways quite often which take longer but the views are breathtaking. Two I would Highly recommend is Scenic rout 12 in utah and also the Beartoooth (212) Highway in Wyoming/Montana

I think besides Utah, Beartooth highway was the best route. Its actuallly the highest road in North America (12000 feet)

It was really quite odd bcause in yellowstone as we started out on the Beartooth the temp was 72 and once at the high point of beartooth it was 45 with a strong wind. Frozen lakes and snow everywhere. It fact the snow drifts on the sides of the road where over 20 feet high. It seemd like you were in a snow tunnel...and the views were like no others. They call that highway the "top of the world"

Comment

• Garrick
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

are the pics down? can't see any of them
      Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

wow, thats great man, really really nice pictures, thanks for sharing!

what made you decide to do this? how long did the trip take? who did you go with?

Comment

• lilsensa
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chuckc
          a short summary of my route: Florida to Texas to New Mexico to Arizona to Nevada to Utah to Wyoming to Montana to South Dakota to Iowa to Illinois to Kentucky to Tenesses to Georgia and back to Florida.

The only boring part is getting from the east side of the US to the west. Florida nd Texas is a drag but once your in the west states of arizona/utah/wyoming/monana its beutiful. Also the drive back home stinks big time.

I would recommend Utah as the most beutiful state. We took Scenic Byways quite often which take longer but the views are breathtaking. Two I would Highly recommend is Scenic rout 12 in utah and also the Beartoooth (212) Highway in Wyoming/Montana

I think besides Utah, Beartooth highway was the best route. Its actuallly the highest road in North America (12000 feet)

It was really quite odd bcause in yellowstone as we started out on the Beartooth the temp was 72 and once at the high point of beartooth it was 45 with a strong wind. Frozen lakes and snow everywhere. It fact the snow drifts on the sides of the road where over 20 feet high. It seemd like you were in a snow tunnel...and the views were like no others. They call that highway the "top of the world"
          How long was your trip??
          RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• rubyraks
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

I did a similar trip back in 01 and you're spot on with Utah being the most beautiful state. From Arches to Canyonlands to Glen Canyon to Lake Powell to Bryce to Zion and to everything in between it simply is an amazing state for nature.

While Beartooth was a fun one, my personal fave was the Grand Teton Pass which goes from Yellowstone and south through the Tetons and ends around Jackson Hole. Ended up on this road in the middle of a blizzard and couldn't see more than 5-10 ft in front of me while we were driving literally on cliffs of some of the tallest mountains in the country...let me just say I shit bricks the entire way. Jackson Hole was a godsend after that. Would still do it again...though I hope next time on a clear day so I could see what I missed out on last time

Beautiful pics there chuck...got me jonesing to do it again and soon
            "Work like you don't need the money.
            Love like you've never been hurt.
            Dance like nobody's watching.
            Sing like nobody's listening.
            Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• chuckc
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

u should, ^^^yeah i took the same pass through the tetons and I have got to say i was much more nervous on that route than the beartooth. Jackson hole was sweet...So was Redlodge Montana after the beartooth pass. Plenty of bars there to drink some quality microbrews

We finally just hit the State line for Florida!! So that makes 16 days total on the road.

Steve, me and the wife went. We had been planning on doing this for quite some time. I have been out west as a kid and always wanted to do the road trip again. I figured better go now b4 gas hits 7 bux a gallon...lol.

The US has so much beauty alot of people fail to realize. If you can afford it and dont mind driving its really worth it.

a few more pix

yellowstone

At the top of beartooth scenic byway 12000+ feet

badlands

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                Not cool enough
                • Jun 2004

Chuck, those are amazing pics bro. Really makes me wanna go out there and sleep in my car while i get to sleep in the absolute quiet of the desert.
                Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• chuckc
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
                  Chuck, those are amazing pics bro. Really makes me wanna go out there and sleep in my car while i get to sleep in the absolute quiet of the desert.
                  thanks jeff. it really wouldnt be that far of a drive from where you are at in columbus.

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

at the risk of sounding like I'm being nosy, can you share what your approx gas expense was ? I've been meaning to take a cross country drive with the mrs. but with gas rates the way they are, it prolly wont happen anytime soon.
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                    Originally posted by ace_dl
                    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• chuckc
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

^^^yeah no problem. I drive a Jeep Grand cherokee so that average mpg is around 21. i drove 7800 miles.

Doing the math that ends up being 371 gallonsx $4 = $1485

sounds expensive but for two people that is 700 dollars. still way cheaper then flying and then renting a car (which you still would have to pay gas for), plus you get to see so many places.

i would imagine any other trip oversees or cruises would also be more than that.

Comment

• pr0ficient
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Apr 2006

wow, you saw some breathtaking sites there!

looks like you had a great time!

Comment

• Aleks_B
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Nov 2006

thanks for sharing you photos chuckc.

sounds like a great trip. i'm stunned that you only dropped what you did on gas. im inspired to do it soon perhaps from up here in Toronto.
                          aleks_b - re_azure | my_space

Comment

• hulkhuss
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
                            at the risk of sounding like I'm being nosy, can you share what your approx gas expense was ? I've been meaning to take a cross country drive with the mrs. but with gas rates the way they are, it prolly wont happen anytime soon.
                            gosh you are nosy!
                            http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                              Not cool enough
                              • Jun 2004

hell you can't take that many planes and cars for that and see what you saw. I say you got a hell of a deal bro.

But did you at least sleep out under the stars one night?
                              Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                              My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                              My Soundcloud page.

Comment

Working...