Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

^^^^^ good point, I saw BT over two years ago at Icon, and thats all he basically used was Abelton.

Comment

• lmmadic
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by unome";p="
      ^^^^^ good point, I saw BT over two years ago at Icon, and thats all he basically used was Abelton.
      wasn't everyone on the board here bashing BT for using it 'bout a year or so back
      sigpic

Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army. Edward Everett

Comment

• Jenks
        I'm kind of a big deal.
        • Jun 2004

i don't think anyone is bashing sasha for using albeton. i applaud him actually, and hope he does well with it at his gigs.

but...he's not doing anything new, and people are giving him credit for OMG ALBETON AND SASHA!!! MY COCK IS HARD!!! A REVOLUTION IN AUDIO FROM NONE OTHER THAN THE INDUSTRY LEADER HIMSELF!!!!

Point is, he's merely taking up a tool that's been used for years by a lot of talented producers for LivePA, not revolutionizing anything with it. I'm sure he'll get really good at it, but he's an amateur with it now, leaving loops on too long, etc...he'd be put to shame by some of the live pa's i've seen using Albeton. He's cutting his teeth with the program, and people are making it to be the second coming of christ.

Comment

• DreamGirlie
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ";p="
          he prolly spilled coke in between the keys on his laptop, and spent the next two hours trying to do lines off his mac.
          dont hate...
          "Welcome to Hezbollah phone line, for terrorist supplies press 1."

Comment

• 2eq
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks";p="
            Originally posted by 2eq";p="
            This was one of (if not thee) 1st gig that sashaaar used Ableton throughout.

The revolution has began people.
            oh give me a fucking break.

loads of other producers that leave sasha in the dust imo, have been using Albeton for Live PA's, all of the sudden, Sarsha decides to jump on the bandwagon, and he's starting a revolution?
            Jeez, I was being Ironic :?
            sweet in winter, sweet in rain...
            shake well before use she said
            you never touch me anymore this way.

Comment

• Jenks
              I'm kind of a big deal.
              • Jun 2004

i wasn't directing my comments at you in particular 2eq, athough, i missed the irony.

i've seen it stated on boards for awhile now, sasha and albeton this, and sasha and albeton that, the way forward and blah blah blah.

just had to get that off my chest. the lemmings come out in full force anytime sasha even wipes his ass and proclaim him King of Asswiping, it's getting ridiculous.

Comment

• 2eq
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jun 2004

Safe.
                sweet in winter, sweet in rain...
                shake well before use she said
                you never touch me anymore this way.

Comment

• BeachBum
                  Addiction started
                  • Jun 2004

Re: DJ THREE and sasha last night

DJ Three rocks , saw him at House of Blues couple years ago opening for RITM .
                  The man who has no imagination has no wings - Muhammad Ali

Comment

• ubiqe
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks";p="
                    i've seen it stated on boards for awhile now, sasha and albeton this, and sasha and albeton that, the way forward and blah blah blah.
                    What you say is all very true, but there is one thing to notice. Some time ago (about 4 months I think) there was a topic here about vinyl vs. cd's. I stated there that the future of djing is mixing and creating music live from comps. There was a huge response about how vinyl will never be replaced at best comps may be combined with using vinyl. Somehow now, after all this talk (and interviews) about Sasha and ableton nobody wants to argue that using laptops is not enough for a dj set. So that's probably Sasha's input to the topic - certainly there are better 'ableton djs' than he is, but it's his achievement that many people consider it normal to play a set from a computer.

Comment

• Ciaran R
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Oct 2004

Re: DJ THREE and sasha last night

dj three is class,never seen him live tho,missed him the last 2 years at the wmc but will defo catch him this time

Comment

Working...