X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taylor Norris
    Platinum Poster
    • Oct 2005

[Indianapolis] Aug 9th, 2008 | Detroit Techno Militia

Aug. 9th, 2008 Bang Tech 12 presents a night with the Detroit Techno Militia.
    Therapy Nightclub and Lounge
    605 E Market
    Indianapolis, IN 46202
    Doors open @ 9
    $3 a person or 2 for $5
    21+

Main Room

As owner and co-founder of Bang Tech 12, DJ Seoul has been tearing up the Detroit Techno scene for 11years. Playing a wide assortment of music, from electro to hip hop to rare groove to house to minimal, DJ Seoul is known for bringing a turntablist hip hop style of mixing to his set no matter what genre he is playing.

DJ Seoul has played from coast to coast in the states as well as parts of Canada as well. He has held many residencies including One X, Buddha Lounge, Marilyns on Monroe, Lager House, All Star Cafe, Green Room, Flavor, as well as many more. As a promoter, Bang Tech 12 is responsible for some of the best events in Detroit in the mid to late nineties. Some of the events include Vertigo, Sounds of Futures Past, and Rampage just to name a few. Now Bang Tech 12 is purely concerned with just producing music and small events for Detroit. The days of the big party events are over in Detroit. Now the focus is on small invite only underground events and doing the larger events at legal venues located in the greater Metropolitan Detroit area. As a producer, DJ Seoul has a few different monikers. One of these is " Funk Shui" which is stripped down electro that has an old school feel to it designed for breakers and turntablists.
    myspace.com/bangtech12

T.Linder takes a no-nonsense, working-class approach to the art of spinning records. He cites old-school Detroit street jocks: The Wizard (aka. Jeff Mills), Gary Chandler, and Steve "DJ Energy" Crawford among others, as major inspirations for his unorthodox aesthetic. "If someone's going to pay money to hear me spin, I'm going to make it worth their money. The way I look at it, there's too many DJs out there meticulously and methodically blending records that all sound the same. As a listener, I'm easily bored with that. I like to take some risks when I perform, skipping across genres and eras, doing scratch tricks with two copies of the same record. I want to give the listener the experience of hearing something they haven't heard before."
    myspace.com/tlinderdetroit

Sneaky : Second Saturdays : Ft. Wayne : Techno myspace.com/joefreq

Supporting Talent:
    Slater Hogan : Muzique Boutique : Indy : House myspace.com/slaterhogan
    Wes Clay : Indy : House myspace.com/wesleyclay
    Sleeper Cell : Indy : Hip-hop myspace.com/sleepercellcrew
    Johnny Utah : Indy : DnB myspace.com/0johnny_utah0
Working...