X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • day_for_night
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

the fucking commercials in the middle of the kiss mixes

not too sure if someone has made a post about this recently, i havent been around much.

just listened to the oct 17th kiss mix, which is one of john's best efforts of late. its just to bad that around 34 minutes in there is a bloody commercial that comes along and destroys any vibe that was going on. i mean, it was bad enough they moved his time slot to sunday fucking morning, but now this seems to be a re-occuring thing.

maybe if we all email kiss fm and tell them to stop pulling that shit...

/end rant.
  • TomTom
    Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
    • May 2002

Re: the fucking commercials in the middle of the kiss mixes

I don't like the jingles too...I think it?s strange to air commercials at 3 am in the morning anyway...and only in Digweed's sets not in the guest mix. I can cut the jingles out and add fade in/outs at the end/beginning of the individual parts with Soundforge for the upcoming sets if the majority of members posting in this thread is okay with it.

Comment

• day_for_night
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

^
      |
      i cant see anyone having a problem with that.

Comment

• TomTom
        Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
        • May 2002

I can. Some people like to have the "original" recordings without somebody puts his hands on them. I don't see a problem at all too especially as I listen to most sets on my headphones and a cracking commercial comes in pretty disturbing when you listen loud to Music.

Question is how anal our members are and if they prefer original recordings from edited recordings....

Comment

• FM
          Wooooooo!
          • Jun 2004

I do find it a little odd that they air the jingles in John's set, but not the guest mix.

Could maybe be since 3a-4a is a higher listening hour, then that's where things get put in. (vs. the 4-5a).

Also, it should be basically run on automation, so if someone forgot to pull them out, or the like, then they just run, sometimes slightly "off schedule"...you can tell on that because it hits at different points each week.

If they're going to run, JD should just cut his mix down to 2 :30 "sets"...I know each mixshow is dependent on the station, but ultimately it IS radio.

Still though, I think I'd take out the break...I doubt too many people would be upset that it got "doctored" a bit.
          FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
          "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
          Facebook!
          A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
            • Jun 2004

The reason he said he moved his show to the new and worse off timeslot is because he said that's the only way Kiss FM would let him keep his show commercial free
            "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• rewing3
              I really don't care
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by SyntaxTerror";p="
              The reason he said he moved his show to the new and worse off timeslot is because he said that's the only way Kiss FM would let him keep his show commercial free

I remember that and obviously they lied b/c the last month or so they have been putting comericals in his mix. Which sucks it just ruins the damn mix most of the time. We should email diggers and see what he can do about it. It has worked before.
              Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• drthundr
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

I agree...it does kill the flow. TomTom...If it's not too much trouble, I'm sure everyone would be more than happy with your efforts.

Comment

• skahound
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TomTom";p="
                  and only in Digweed's sets not in the guest mix.
                  Actually was in the Trafik guest mix a couple of weeks back. I don't really have an opinion one way or the other as far as a fade in/out as I think that as long as the commercials are there, there will be some sort of disruption to the ear.
                  A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• maddlingo
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

I feel lucky to be able to get my hands on these sets week after week with or without commercials. Commercial free would be preferred if TomTom doesn't mind putting in the extra effort.
                    "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

• being clever
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Sep 2004

I wouldn't know if Digweed's arrangement with Kiss100 is contingent on the commercials, but they've got to go. If Tom has the time and energy, by all means; otherwise, I'll continue to enjoy the sets as is.
                      "He was always late on principle, his principle being that punctuality is the thief of time."

Comment

• p_oneill
                        Getting warmed up
                        • Sep 2004

yes it was better without the commercials but i dont mind much!
                        when a show has a good flow i cut them with cooledit
                        Quick on the uptake!!!!

Comment

• Jenks
                          I'm kind of a big deal.
                          • Jun 2004

have not listened to a kiss mix in so long, i barely know what you're talking about.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                            DJ Jelly
                            • Jun 2004

maybe they do adverts in johns part (or he agreed to it) because, tho his is a set, it is also a showcase of new choons coming out. and the guest mix is just that, a guest mix. So maybe he agreed to only have adverts in his section as opposed to fucking up his guests hard work.. just an idea

who knows, either way, i dont have a problem with a little fade in and out, if that's not too much for you to do. other wise, just the fact that you go thru the trouble of obtaining and offering said mixes is enough for most of us I think.

Comment

• DJZeke
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jun 2004

it would be nice if it did not stop the music, that is what makes it a mix.
                              DJZeke @ SoulSeek

Comment

Working...