X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Big Lebowski Fans

Here you go, the whole movie in one glance.

Inspired by Cinema Redux, I used Thumber to output this lovely fingerprint of my The Big Lebowski — which just so happens to be one of my all-time favorite movies. There's a much larger version of this — around 7680 x 14976 and 25 MB — that I'm considering making a 24 x 36 poster out of. After getting linked on BoingBoing, I'm investigating getting this turned into a poster. If anyone has any advice on doing this, feel free to contact me. P.S. Yes, the aspect ratio on the frames is slightly jacked up. That's Thumber's doing, not mine. If I could have kept it at the proper ratio, I seriously would have. Also, some people around the internets seem to think this image consists of every frame of the film. It's actually a frame grab every second — which actually sort of ties the move together if you ask me... Update: I'm actually doing what I can to fix the aspect ratio right this second. A commenter on BoingBoing mentioned an updated version of Brendan Dawes' script that required a tweak or two to get running under the current version of Processing. Hopefully in a few hours, I'll have something a little nicer to work with. Update, Part Deux: The Processing script didn't work as well as I'd hoped, so I went back to an updated version of Thumber that preserved aspect ratios. Its output can be found here.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • ZenAustin777
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jul 2008

Re: Big Lebowski Fans

There should be more movies as great as the big lebowski

It is just a genius movie with a genius sense of humor...

please recommend more movies like this one

Comment

• MJDub
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

This really ties the room together.
      http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• Garrick
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

what exactly is the point of this? if there is one...
        Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• res0nat0r
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • May 2006

i saw boobs.

Comment

• |Thrax|
            Platinum Poster
            • Mar 2007

Thats like, just your opinion man.
            This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
            Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

• 88Mariner
              My dick is smaller
              • Nov 2006

TBL is a fascinating movie, mostly because it got tons of males to to think a totally demasculated guy (The Dude) is so frickin' cool.

that whole movie is practicaly a dialogue on the destruction of the male ego and the pussification of America.

"do what your parents did Mr. Lebowski....get a JOB" --love that line tho.
              you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• |Thrax|
                Platinum Poster
                • Mar 2007

Pussification, I think not sir.

I think of it more as careless life, isnt that what most people are after? Relaxation? Imagine how life would be if you didn't give a shit.

There is a place and a time, for this man, and that man; was The Dude.

Oh, those are Mr Lebowski's children, so to speak.

Brandt: Oh, those are Mr Lebowski's children, so to speak.
                The Dude: Different mothers, huh?
                Brandt: No.
                The Dude: Racially he's pretty cool?

[laughs] They're not literally his children. They're the Little Lebowski Urban Achievers - inner city children of promise but without the necessary means for a - necessary means for a higher education. So Mr Lebowski is committed to sending all of them to college.
                This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris

Comment

• Miguel
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Oct 2005

the dude abides

Comment

• 88Mariner
                    My dick is smaller
                    • Nov 2006

I think of it more as careless life, isnt that what most people are after? Relaxation? Imagine how life would be if you didn't give a shit.
                    Actually, this is how most guys interpret it. To the contrary, the movie discloses that the need for men as the providers in society is non-existent. Maude illustrates this when she tries to pro-create with The Dude. In response, the Dude silently accepts his role. Same can be said for The Big Lebowski (wheelchair guy), who if you've seen it enough times, will find that he wasn't the one who built the mansion...it was his wife: he was never the provider. And, he ends up being dominated by Bunny's wily attitude. He's completely helpless without her. The irony in the quote I posted above is based on just that: he asserts the importance of becoming the provider when he himself never took on such a role (that's why i like the quote).

What are men to do when thier multi-millenial role as providers are marginalized? The Nihilists perhaps present one example: attempt to regain masculinity through violence. But the result of doing this (as seen in the bowling lane parking lot scene) is that men will simply kill other men, and needlessly so.

Man...the movie is so full of fascinating questions that leaving it to "it's about relaxing and the ideal life" is really bothersome to me.
                    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• |Thrax|
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Mar 2007

That's a funny and interesting way of interperation, completely makes sense.
                      Don't get irritated when your view just differs from another, not everyone cares or thinks on the same plane. I've accepted that.

They finally killed my fucking car, man.

Next, you should analyze star wars, as it pertains to the "bible" I didnt that in psychology class.

Yea, the procreator.. shes not my fucking lady friend!
                      HAHA

-Chris

Comment

• 88Mariner
                        My dick is smaller
                        • Nov 2006

^ star wars? Haven't had a chance.

I read an analysis of 2001 A Space Odyssey that blew my mind. Literally, i was messed up for a day.

One note: The Monolith was Kubrik's representation of the Movie Screen in the typical movie theater. Thus, art evolves life.

GAH!~

----PEACE-----

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                          I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                          • Mar 2008

nice thread! thers not question, im a big fan of the Big Lebs flick forsures(just lookz at my current avatar). and i agree that this cult classic alludes to so much in our modern day society, no doubt.

i like ot think that it conveys sum major picture painting of the current problems in america forsures. i think its all about finding that balance between stayin chill and easy going, and making determined, vital and productive labor for survival. a balance between, inaction and striving... and the major obstacle being passion and substance use.

shit i have a pending mist. and felony for use and possession and we are pushing to get it dismissed, but the point im getting at is this... it reflects the dodgy conduct in my posts truely, and ill stand up and say that alcoholism and addiction gets u nowere, and it ultimately "pussiflys" the will completely. its a major problem right now within our society, and the dude's freinds and foes symbolize this thorougly. auspiciously i just tivoed this wack flick called "Arlington road" the other day and it stars the same venerable actor Bridges. it seems this guy loves to take on pivital and lesson learning roles forsure, but ur gunna have to look up this film, to get what im sayin'. in conclusion the Big Lebowski is one of my favs in regards to satirical allusions and comedy
                          (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Steve Graham
                            DJ Jelly
                            • Jun 2004

nice! just saw the little independant local movie theatre here on the beach is showing the Big Lebowski tonight.. not only that the theatre serves alcohol (typically beer and wine) but tonight they're serving white russians

Comment

• hambino21
                              PFC Semen Ham
                              • Jul 2004

This is my favorite comedy movie hands down. I have never quoted am movie as much as have as the big lebowski. Cheers!
                              " Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"

- Me-

Comment

Working...