X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • progpopey
    Fresh Peossy
    • Aug 2004

Eric Prydz - Stockholm GU

Just read that Eric Prydz is doing the next GU. Can anybody confirm this?
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: Eric Prydz - Stockholm GU

No, but the economy is tanking hardcore, so it must be true....
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• day_for_night
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

good lord. it just keeps getting worse and worse for them. if he ends up doing it, expect the most bomb-filled 2 discs you've ever heard. the guy doesn't stop with the peak-time tunes.

Comment

• fabric8
        200mph Club
        • Jul 2006

At least Nick Warren will do Global Underground 035 - Lima before they put out Global UndertheBus 036 - Eric Prydz

Comment

• buckman
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

at least its new talent..lol
          " Darkness Imprisioning Me
          All That I See
          Absolute Horror
          I Cannot Live
          I Cannot Die
          Trapped In Myself
          Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)

soulseek sn buckman28

Comment

• tiddles
            Encryption, Jr.
            • Jun 2004

call on meeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

• Digger
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Nov 2004

a bit patchy hehehe
              https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"> https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013
              All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Comment

• Adzey
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Mar 2008

to be fair i dont mind prydz, and some of his recent sets have been ok

:repares to be burnt alive::

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• shosh
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2004

i think it would be awesome

in b4 "you would"

Comment

• AntonyM
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Oct 2004

Maybe a Eric Prydz/ David Guetta collaboration. GU is officially irrlevant now.
                    Originally posted by Shpira
                    So came back last night...
                    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                    Originally posted by Illuminate
                    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• 88Mariner
                      My dick is smaller
                      • Nov 2006

At this point, I feel it is necessary to start demaing Oakenfold and Deep Dish GU's.
                      you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• ShawnD64
                        Quickshot the Minute Man
                        • Jan 2005

David Guetta
                        http://soundcloud.com/scd64
                        http://www.myspace.com/scd64
                        http://b-sidesradio.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Garrick
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

anyone think the reason they can't get anybody new or anybody that people here might appreciate besides nick warren is because all those good underground djs don't want to waste their time with GU anymore? who knows, maybe eric prydz will surprise you.
                          Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• 88Mariner
                            My dick is smaller
                            • Nov 2006

^ first, GU has never used underground DJs.

second, GU originally brought tunes you've never heard to the foray...at a time when internet radio and downloading and trading mixes, and recording live mixes from Dj's (and subsequently uploading them) was fairly rare.

Today, there are hundreds of thousands of mixes online, free for download...and that doesn't include the cd's and mix compliations you can buy. And, you're definitely going to find that some of these mixes have better mixing and track selection. And sometimes you'll even find them on the radio (chloe's first KissFm mix for digweed comes instantly to mind).

So what's the point of buying what amount to compliations when what your looking for is a mix cd? and better, a mix cd that has new and interesting choons.

Deep Dish: Toronto I think was the turning point...as they put a number of old tracks on there (and yet, thier individual supplement disks were absolutely amazing for the same reason the early GU's were good) --> And this is probably why Balance is doing so well, is because they've taken the original Global Underground Methodology of producing mix cd's and taken it a step further.

The exception of course is Nick Warren. And I really hope he stops working for GU and starts his own goddamn CD Series: may as well reap the full benefit....(has he done a Balance yet??)

----PEACE-----

Comment

• TheMightyGreg
                              Editor Shmeditor
                              • Nov 2006

He's suprised me every time I've seen him DJ by being consistantly good. I was nearly compelled to write a letter of apology after I saw him for the first time a few years back. Completely wrote him off before he played and he stepped up to the mark and smashed it...was proably the best on show that day...and Digweed player after him [takes cover]

All this of course doesn't mean it'll be any good if based on recent GU efforts
                              Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7

Comment

Working...