Where should I teach English? THERE MUST BE A GOOD SCENE!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KMS
    Fresh Peossy
    • Apr 2007

Where should I teach English? THERE MUST BE A GOOD SCENE!

Hey hey everyone!!
    I'm Canadian and moving overseas to teach english within the next month or two. My issue is this: I want to teach somewhere in Europe because of the electronic music scene. Experience how music is part of European culture would be amazing!. I will apply to some schools in Europe, however, it is difficult for a non EU citizen to find work there. Plus, the pay is also not so great. I've been exploring a variety of other countries as well including Taiwan, South Korea, Malaysia, Argentina, Brazil....etc. So, my question is this: Where, other than Europe, will I find an amazing electronic music scene with underground beats of every genre from soulful house to bleepin techno, from funky breaks to bangin dubstep, from....i think u get the point!! I'm finishing off my TESOL course at the end of July and will be applying to schools all over the world as of then. I've researched countries and their music scenes but there is not a ton of info regarding this.....PLEASE HELP!
  • tiddles
    Encryption, Jr.
    • Jun 2004

Re: Where should I teach English? THERE MUST BE A GOOD SCENE!

i moved to france to teach english last sept.
    here's the program

paris would be the place to go for the music scene in france. i live in a pretty big city, but all the clubs are full of children and the music is terrible. but oh the wine!

i've got friends in china, korea and japan that are all teaching english too. the ones in tokyo are with the jet program or something. that would be a wicked place to live.
    honestly i think you should base your trip around things other than the club scene, but thats just me.

at least here, it's fucking hard to find people to sponsor you for working papers. french people are too fucking lazy to do paperwork and so they just hire from the eu in most cases

Comment

• Dhar_2
      meat and potatoes
      • Jun 2004

^ be quiet!

FRANCE SUCKS!

its full of french people!!!

Comment

• TheMightyGreg
        Editor Shmeditor
        • Nov 2006

Fuck Europe...go to Buenos Aires. Amazing music scene, amazing food, cheap as you like and you get to learn a useful language (if you don't speak Spanish already). If i didn't have a job i loved i'd move there in a heartbeat
        Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7

Comment

• Garrick
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

fuck buenos aires. our children in the united states need to be taught correct english.
          Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• ddr
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

there is always Japan.

college roomate of mine went over there to teach English however its expensive as hell over there so that might not be a good place to go.

i think he used JET: http://www.jetprogramme.org/
            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Japan of course. Not only are they mad and nuts about music, their women are hot.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• danielRR
                Getting Somewhere
                • May 2008

Japan is great if you live in Tokyo or Osaka. The music scenes are great there for just about everything. Outside of the big cities, the music scene gets very small, very quickly. Around here (not big city) there's some good music, but it's hard to find good electronic music.

And the problem with working in Japan, is that everybody else wants to live in Tokyo and Osaka, so most programs don't let you choose where you want to go. They'll say you can 'request' a location, but that won't go very far. That goes for the JET program, as well as most private companies.

But if you can find a way to Tokyo or Osaka, you won't be disappointed. And there seems to be an endless supply of good looking girls. hollertown
                http://soundcloud.com/lexajune

Comment

• Dhar_2
                  meat and potatoes
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Garrick
                  fuck buenos aires. our children in the united states need to be taught correct english.
                  i'm fed up of correcting u guys.

u speak american. it has fuck all to do with English!!!

Comment

• Garrick
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

hahaha, i heard some my friend's daughters speaking in text language the other day.
                    american language = lol, omg, 2g2bt, 2moro..... i'd never heard of those last two until my friend's daughter said them. i asked her "wtf?"
                    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Aleks_B
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Nov 2006

Tokyo is awesome as some have already posted. I have a friend that just got back from a year there and had nothing but positive experiences with the nightlife there!
                      aleks_b - re_azure | my_space

Comment

• AndyH
                        Platinum Poster
                        • May 2005

London imo
                        [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• KMS
                          Fresh Peossy
                          • Apr 2007

I'm definitely looking into the UK!!!! Apparently i can work there with a student's work visa for 2 years b4 i'm 30. The pay would not be as good as let's say South Korea or Taiwan, however, Europe is where the beats are @!!!! I drool over the beats and clubbing I read in Mixmag every month. Seriously, i was born on the wrong continent...hah

Comment

• ddr
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Aleks_B
                            Tokyo is awesome as some have already posted. I have a friend that just got back from a year there and had nothing but positive experiences with the nightlife there!
                            yea my old roomate goes to Womb and ageHa almost weekly...

needlesss to say i am very jealous
                            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

Working...