X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KMS
    Fresh Peossy
    • Apr 2007

DJing Best production software??

I love the beats and want to mess around with some production software but am unsure what is best for a beginner?? I've heard Ableton is the best while others say that FL Studio is where it's at. Help if u can...thanx!
  • unkownartist
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Best production software??

fruityloops for beginer, i still absolutely adore this program more than others i have used and i have most of the others including ableton and reason

people put it on a par with reason but if you knew how to use it correctly then its had reasons sampler long before proppelerhead even thought about adding the nn-xt but in saying that if you dont know what your doing with it then i would probibly sudjest reason because its user freindly for beginers....a BIG tip.....try before u buy your software or looks for videos around the net there are plenty on youtube

Comment

• stencil_cp
      Addiction started
      • Aug 2005

FL, Reason & Ableton all have demos you should download, or find discs for at guitar center. i chose Reason over FL because of the two i liked the feel from poking around the demo, and i've had no complaints.
      i just got Ableton and am completely lost so i won't rank it as beginner friendly...

Comment

• lilsensa
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Ableton is not too beginner friendly, imo....Fruity Loops is the way to go for beginner..Or if you have a Mac, it comes with Garageband, which is pretty easy to use...Next step above that would be Logic, imo..
        RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Jenks
          I'm kind of a big deal.
          • Jun 2004

what is best = what is best for you. they're all good. the best advice is the one given about about trying demos first. everyone's learning and producing style is different. the only opinion that matters on what is best for you, is your own. give me a try.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
            Not cool enough
            • Jun 2004

best bet for any software...find a friend who does music with these programs. and have them teach you stuff about the particular program. That's the way I was with Ableton. Within a week of having it, i was doing basic stuff. Now I don't really think there's anything I can't do with it.
            Jeffrey Collins: Painter
            My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
            My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Jenks
              I'm kind of a big deal.
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
              Now I don't really think there's anything I can't do with it.

Comment

• Taylor Norris
                Platinum Poster
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by red1
                i would probibly sudjest reason because its user freindly for beginers
                Reason is fun to play with building large synths using the combinator and can help you understand basic signal flow with the mixers, efx, and rerouting however you like. However, the sound quality is SHIT. It is a good program to learn basic sound design and MIDI control but not viable as a long term audio production platform.

imo....

I prefer Abelton or Logic Studio which I have just began getting into. But it really all boils down to personal preference. All the major DAW's have the same capabilities and you cant really say one is better than the next.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                  Not cool enough
                  • Jun 2004

Jenkie is just jealous.
                  Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                  My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                  My Soundcloud page.

Comment

Working...