X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: be honest here

Tell me what the main difference between bassline and drum & bass is...

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• unkownartist
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Cj Tari
      i love it, even tough im primarely a techno dj, ive been booked a couple of times to play drum n bass.

heres a nice little mix i did a couple of weeks back.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/31z0t2

its weird cuz if im stressing out, d&b will most likely relax me in a really cool way.

i find that most people are funny about it especially in scotland, out of everyone i,ve met in scotland and know well i can honestly say there has only been 2 people who i know well that actually like drum and bass. what i like about it most is that it has energy but still remains to be easy listening if u get what i meen by that, will check out ur mix thanks

Originally posted by THE_LIGHT

one thing that i've notice DnB dj's as of late,is how they r switching to playing Electro. reason is that its easy for them to get more gigs (told by other DnB djs that i've spoked too). is this happening in your scene lately?

cheers
      hafid
      tbh i,m only listening to a few stuff i buy or mixes i download which isnt much @ the moment, i download a mix from marcus intalex which i posted on the board on friday i think and its dam good which brought up me asking this question. the electro thing is very much noticable in the new noisia fabric cd as they tend to play dnb then switch to a 4/4 with more electro sounds, i think john b has alot to answer for when it comes to electro thing with drum and bass. i,m loving both the liquid scene and also the techstep scene @ the mo.

Comment

• simonr
        Transitionator
        • Jun 2004

Not a fan .. but don't mind elements thrown in from time to time.
        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• fabric8
          200mph Club
          • Jul 2006

I'll listen to LTJ Bukem's older stuff when I need a d & b fix, other than that I'm not big into it

Comment

• DancingQueen
            AVB FanClub | President
            • Oct 2005

I like it, but only for a certain amount of time....I can listen for an hr or two, but definitely not a whole night of it. It's also one of those styles you just need to be in the mood for
            sigpic
            RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
            RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Dhar_2
              meat and potatoes
              • Jun 2004

listened to it once upon a time, but now i cant be arsed. it grates on me!

Comment

• Tatanka
                Getting warmed up
                • Jan 2008

Its all good and I dig it from time to time but slow it down and it sounds like straight up hip hop.

Comment

• DreamGirlie
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

I like some...when it gets too heavy, not so much. I went to a lot of raves years ago and I always liked the drum n bass room
                  "Welcome to Hezbollah phone line, for terrorist supplies press 1."

Comment

• unkownartist
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2005

http://www.dnbarena.ru/download/Marcus_Intalex-Soulution_11-20080723.mp3 Brother & Saburoko - In Control [N/A] Seba - As Long As It Takes [COMBINATION] Atom - Night Flight [N/A] ST Files - Eightsix [SOUL:R] Data - Glacier [N/A] Hiten - Bolt [SOUL:R] Spy & Mosus - Drop Shadow [N/A] Nu:Logic - Trademark

this is the kind of stuff i,m talking about, 2 tracks stand out for me well 3 really but i,ll talk about 2...1st in the 35 minute mark...minimal but has a groove to it which i absolutely LOVE and the song @ the 59 minute mark....jaw dropping...cant say any more about it...i could go deaf listening to stuff like that and still be happy after i was deaf

Comment

• TheMightyGreg
                      Editor Shmeditor
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by lilsensa
                      I love drum n Bass! Logical Progression w/MC Conrad was where it was at for me.. It's what got me into this whole mess in the first place.
                      Yes yes yes. Bukem reigns supreme in the D&B stakes.
                      Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by red1
                        http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ad.php?t=57752

this is the kind of stuff i,m talking about, 2 tracks stand out for me well 3 really but i,ll talk about 2...1st in the 35 minute mark...minimal but has a groove to it which i absolutely LOVE and the song @ the 59 minute mark....jaw dropping...cant say any more about it...i could go deaf listening to stuff like that and still be happy after i was deaf
                        Nice one. I personally love D&B. Thanks for the mix. you have to check out Marcus's Fabric live cd. its awesome..

Comment

• poults
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Nov 2006

Slightly off track but a similar music, does anyone like dubstep? I saw Caspa and Rusko at the weekend and iv gotta say i was well impressed. Jumping round like a loon to slow basslines like that was pretty strange though but good fun.
                          Originally posted by Hoff

ejejejejejejejejeje!!!!! you always delivering some good dogs shits !!! thankyou

Comment

• srbbnd
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jul 2005

Not a fan...I have a constant ringing in my ears from attending these concerts as a kid...Drum and Bass is my scape goat.
                            www.bestfilmsofthe20thcentury.com/

www.forwardthinkingproduction.com/

Comment

• djsethnichols
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2004

If its good. Which to me would be the liquid and drumfunk style of DnB. Artists like d bridge, commix, martyn, Marcus intalez' among others.
                              Not much a fan of the hard as nails tech step or ragga styles for longer than 20 minutes.
                              https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• djsethnichols
                                Addiction started
                                • Jun 2004

Dubstep is another that I can only really get into for small doses. Its great for chill or laid back but lacks the pick up to make me wanna dance. Lots of it sounds like it is stuck in a breakdown and never comes out.

Originally posted by poults
                                Slightly off track but a similar music, does anyone like dubstep? I saw Caspa and Rusko at the weekend and iv gotta say i was well impressed. Jumping round like a loon to slow basslines like that was pretty strange though but good fun.
                                https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

Working...