Transitions on Kiss 100 FM July 27, 2008 + upcoming change information

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomTom
    Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
    • May 2002

Transitions on Kiss 100 FM July 27, 2008 + upcoming change information

After having uploaded the Kiss 100 show from last night including mixes from John Digweed and the Youngsters I start getting a bit sentimental because this was the last time I do it like this. I hosted Hernan Cattaneo’s Metrodance show for Years Sunday by Sunday and also tried to get a hold of the Kiss100 show numerous times over the last years in times we had no own rippers for the show or other occasions where our official recorders like Chemicalbeavis, red1 or herre had technical problems or were not available. Trying to get ahold of the shows and to upload them or seeing if our recordings are available belonged to my Sunday morning routine for many Years but I will step aside now and leave it in the hands of our [ms] team to continue with it.

My (paid) job has become more and more intense and also time demanding so I am seeking for more relaxation in the little spare time I have left and try to reduce my responsibilities and regular activities. I would lie if I would not mention as well that I am also getting tired of it. I can’t tell what impact this will have on the availability of the Transition show because not everything is settled already but I am sure you will still get your weekly fix. Maybe a tad later in the next weeks but somehow there will be a way to get it to your hard drive so you can listen to it.

Thanks to everybody who is a piece of the puzzle to ensure we were, are and will stay able to provide our community with the weekly mixes. Besides the artists who make the mixes and the already mentioned official [ms] recorders huge Thanks also go out to persons like littleangel from Tribalmixes.com or certain release groups and also particular members who helped occasionally to get recordings of the show. Of course the Kudos also have to go out to people like gr8pumpkin, day_for_night, Greg Whelan, Arielus and everybody else gathering and posting the track lists for our weekly featured shows since 2002. Last but not least there are people like Gatz and kassios who helped creating and maintaining public and internal archives. Sorry if I forgot somebody in my list but I am an old man already. As you can see, delivering fresh beats and info is a well oiled machine and many people are involved to provide you with what you are looking for.

This is something everybody who is just happy to click on a button or link to download your favourite show or wanting to see what the name of the great you just heard is should never forget about. Without all the people who work to provide you with something instead of just browsing and chit chatting like the rest of the World, Mercuryserver and MCast would not be as comfortable and full of variety as they are.

As far as Mercuryserver is concerned, nobody has ever made a penny or wanted one for what was done but instead people have so much passion about music and are therefore generous enough to spend their spare time and coordinate their daily routine to provide others with their free offerings. Each time you copy links, knowledge, info and content provided from others or start bitching when something is not ready for your dinner fast enough think about who is doing the actual work and what it really means to do something day by day or week by week no matter if you feel good or bad.

Enjoy the show and Viva la underground!
  • unkownartist
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Transitions on Kiss 100 FM July 27, 2008

ahh meens from mnext week i stay in my bed untill 9 PM then get up to upload the kiss shows for you guys lmao

Comment

• ganjamo
      Platinum Poster
      • Jan 2006

i have many things to say but my brain is just not working haha

thanks TomTom for your work and from the rest of the community to have a forum like [ms] you people make it happen !!

good night!!!!!!1 (5am here)
      Dont panic, its organic.

Comment

• Lifeless
        Gold Gabber
        • Jan 2006

I'm speechless...
        you have made an amazing job right here and we appreciate that!
        many thanks to you and all the people involved.

thank you very much thomas!.
        From Arg, to my German brother

Comment

• buckman
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Re: Transitions on Kiss 100 FM July 27, 2008 + upcoming change information

Thanks so much for the hard work and dedication you guys do here at [ms]
          " Darkness Imprisioning Me
          All That I See
          Absolute Horror
          I Cannot Live
          I Cannot Die
          Trapped In Myself
          Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)

soulseek sn buckman28

Comment

• clintlove
            Hey girl, ya Hungry?
            • Jun 2004

I've always appreciated everything you do to keep things going around here. You deserve every bit of free time you get your hands on.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• Jibgolly
              Vortexuralizor
              • Jun 2004

speechless and sad and overwhelmed with emptiness that one of [MercuryServers] vital lifelines is stepping out.

love and respect all the same mister Tom Bayer.

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

Every time I click on this site I appreciate you guys more. You all do a wonderful job!!
                Originally posted by TheVrk
                it IS incredible isn't it??
                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Hang on ... is TT leaving [ms] for good or taking a break from handling the Kiss sets??

Thanks for the music and the community, just wanna point out that while the site grew from hosting and sharing the Kiss sets, I think [ms] has far outgrown the Kiss sets in scope and most of us on GYY or the other sub forums that keep the place active and going aren't really in it as much for the Kiss sets anymore!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                  a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                  Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                  Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Gatz
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

Amazing job Tom simply amazing.

Thanks

Comment

• Shiva
                      MCast Mistress
                      • Nov 2007

^ MS @ Work....Lovely!
                      Thanks to all involved

Comment

• TomTom
                        Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                        • May 2002

Originally posted by feather
                        Hang on ... is TT leaving [ms] for good or taking a break from handling the Kiss sets??
                        I am not leaving [ms]..stopping the Kiss100 show uploading and checking is one of the Changes I had to make. Doing everything from A-Z on MCast is something else I stepped away from and Matt (FM) and Lory (Shiva) took over. I will stay around but not to the extent I used to because my Life isn't allowing it anymore but I will not leave our six year old little kid alone.

Comment

• Shiva
                          MCast Mistress
                          • Nov 2007

^ Matt & I are taking good care of your baby MCast...hopefully it will keep on growing the way you started it...

Comment

• Lorn
                            Looking for a title!
                            • Sep 2004

Thanks for all the hard work you put in TomTom. Appreciated.

Comment

• AndyH
                              Platinum Poster
                              • May 2005

No kiss set as soon as I wake up on a Sunday anymore...? Im outta here, bye losers...

Just kidding. Thanks for all the time and effort TomTom. Has been appreciated many many times believe me!
                              [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

Working...