X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WilDFire
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

A gentle gripe about Digger's Oct. 10 mix show

So I finally got a chance to hear the original Rainbows in the Sky track (the remix is much better, I think) which was good, then he goes down the super old school tip and low and behold he just fades an effin' record out and fades another one in!!! I know he's the man and can do what he wants to, and I would probably get a little tired of mixing a fresh show every week, but it just surprised the hell out of me. I mean, he's done that with an epic intro song (e.g. when he played Burma and then faded out and started again with Color Spektrum a few months ago) but not in the middle of a mix!

Perhaps this a complete waste of your time reading this, but do we think perhaps he's overextended?
    Music makes the soul strong.
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Are you talking about when it goes to commercials?
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• WilDFire
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Nope. Full on fade out to silence and fade back into a track. I though maybe the mods cut out a commercial, but Diggers starts talking right after the new track fades in and identifies them both. I think it's between the 3rd and 4th or the 4th and 5th song...

Comment

• skahound
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jun 2004

Wow...I didn't even catch that. I'll have to go back and listen. I'm usually studying while I listen so I don't always catch those things.
        A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• qwerty2222
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Re: A gentle gripe about Digger's Oct. 10 mix show

i have that set with birma i think its with the sasha remix, but i didnt notice any fade in and out or comercials there (on that set lostep birma was the second track, and after was colorspectrum)

Comment

• Garrick
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

you're right... this is a waste of my time

eh, it probably isn't even digweed mixing his show anymore, heh.
            Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

thats fine with me to be honest. his part of the show is mainly a showcase of new and future tracks coming out.. not like a mix he would do in a club. now.. if the guest mix did that, then there would be a problem.

How do you mix on your radio show? oh, thats right, you probably dont have one.. lol

Comment

• WilDFire
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

yes, you're right, I don't. Do you?

As I said, he's allowed to do what he wants, and I guess it's to be expected that as the years go on he won't be as concerned with his mixes as he was in the beginning.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                  DJ Jelly
                  • Jun 2004

actually I am launching a web site next month which will host live mixes by my mates and I to answer your question.. but that's neither here nor there, since I wasnt the one talking about HIS mixing.

My point being, I don't think he is less concerned about his mixing, as he is promoting new tracks on the horizon. It's not like you would hear him play any way near the way he plays on Kiss 100 in a club or on a cd... does that make sense?

Comment

• day_for_night
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

the mixing on the oct. 17th show is TOPS...we can let a lazy mix slide once and awhile.

Comment

• WilDFire
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2004

Haven't heard Oct 17th yet. I guess, upon review, that one could view this as Diggers breaking down what turned out to be my snobbery about mixing and again focused on the music. Good for Diggers. And congrats on setting up your website unome - I wish I had time to do that, but I have to study too much. You had better let us all know when it's up an running.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                        DJ Jelly
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by WilDFire";p="
                        Haven't heard Oct 17th yet. I guess, upon review, that one could view this as Diggers breaking down what turned out to be my snobbery about mixing and again focused on the music. Good for Diggers. And congrats on setting up your website unome - I wish I had time to do that, but I have to study too much. You had better let us all know when it's up an running.
                        thank you.. i will let you all know when it is up. (the web site that is) lol
                        and thank you for not taking my comments personally.. some people on here dont have very thick skin. and being a leo, i tend to be very opinionated. I just try to point other aspects of some peoples views.. just as a forum should be.

Comment

• Terry
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by unome";p="
                          Originally posted by WilDFire";p="
                          thank you.. i will let you all know when it is up. (the web site that is) lol
                          and thank you for not taking my comments personally.. some people on here dont have very thick skin. and being a leo, i tend to be very opinionated. I just try to point other aspects of some peoples views.. just as a forum should be.
                          im dating a leo, you guys are bitches
                          www.boodang.com
                          -------------------------

Comment

• Steve Graham
                            DJ Jelly
                            • Jun 2004

^^^^^ HAHAHA, not afraid to admit it either. Thank fuck for the internet and message boards so I have a place to funnel my aggression or bitchiness. lol

Comment

• Terry
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2004

Re: A gentle gripe about Digger's Oct. 10 mix show

thats exactly what i like about you people. complete bluntness and /or rudeness and have no problem with it. the only catch with my girlfriend is that she has red hair and i swear that makes it a whole lot worse
                              www.boodang.com
                              -------------------------

Comment

Working...