X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

Sen. Stevens/Alaska

Well this is what happens when you get in the way of the oil companies.. your watching the mafia at its best here.. They can knock off Senators like nothing.

This is how they do the propaganda.

First they bash your reputation like on July 21st, 2008

For Toasty since you can't open links at work

A new Rasmussen poll shows Ted Stevens, the longest serving Republican Senator in history, losing 50-41 to Anchorage Mayor Mark Begich.
    Six years ago, Stevens won re-election with 78% of the vote. But since then, he's had some trouble with the FBI. (In addition to his record-setting service, Stevens is reportedly the only senator to have had his home raided by Feds.) According to Rasmussen, one in five Alaskan Republicans (20%) now support Dem Begich.
    Barack Obama has made Alaska a battleground state, and the campaign hopes a hard-fought race there will help Begich.
    Read more about Ted Stevens here.

Then a couple days or weeks later they do this

Now that Alaska all those contracts are going through maybe there was a disagreement between the Senator and some some oil execs.. What is funniest is they give the money in bribes and then tell the IRS if you get out of line.. Great system.
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: Sen. Stevens/Alaska

what does this have to do with oil companies again?

just remind me so i can quote you on it.
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• runningman
      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
      • Jun 2004

Oil companies have their roots everywhere in Government.

You mean to tell me Mariner this has nothing to do with the Alaska oil we were talking about in an earlier thread??? All of a sudden the Senator from Alaska of all laces gets put up on tax charges.. If you can't see this i'm sorry but the writing is on the wall.

Just look at how the AP wrote the article

"Messages left Tuesday at both Stevens' Senate office in Washington and his campaign office in Anchorage were not immediately returned."

which means he returned them just not immediately. But it sounds worse when you write it like that. Its called spin.

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

no. it absolutely has to do with oil companies. it's quite evidence from the reports that he had recieved some 'help' from the corporate constiuents of his state.

I'm just not seeing the connection where Stevens "got in the way of the oil companies"........
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• runningman
          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
          • Jun 2004

because his ass is grass,,, I mean what else would it be??? This is BIG BUSINESS we are talking about here not mom and pop shop..

Look this is they way I see it happening over the coming days.. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict the future..

Gas is going to go down to $55-75 a barrell over the next 10 months
          on findings of an oil reserve in Russia and Indonesia and by saying that the demand has decreased due to the American market slowing.

This will totally bankrupt the Arab nations since oil is where they get all there money.

This will drive inflation through the roof. When oil drops back down the American Dollar is going to plummet as well.. Driving a sustained recession/ depression for a few years..

Hell maybe Avian Flu makes an appearance over the next year as well.. Now i'm really going for it!! HAHAHAH

We should have a "predict the future thread" so we can see how wrong or right we really are. If I'm wrong I will be fine with it because that will mean the economy is back and everything won't be so damn expensive.

Comment

• 88Mariner
            My dick is smaller
            • Nov 2006

back on subject....

because his ass is grass,,, I mean what else would it be??? This is BIG BUSINESS we are talking about here not mom and pop shop..
            so...let me get this straight. Stevens panders and helps these oil businesses in alaska. ??????. then oil businesses hurt Stevens by doing ??????, and now Stevens has pretty much lost his seat.

CUI BONO man. I'm still confused as to how this benefits the very businesses that were benefited by stevens being in office.

----PEACE-----

Comment

• runningman
              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by 88Mariner
              back on subject....

so...let me get this straight. Stevens panders and helps these oil businesses in alaska. ??????. then oil businesses hurt Stevens by doing ??????, and now Stevens has pretty much lost his seat.

CUI BONO man. I'm still confused as to how this benefits the very businesses that were benefited by stevens being in office.
              just because he got paid off in the past doesn't mean he will always take the bribe. The thing is your focused on the wrong things. You want me to prove your ???? when I can't because I'm not in the board meetings with these oil giants when they meet with Senators. But all I am saying is that something happened to trigger this. Usually would indicate that the Senator was a problem.

Comment

• Miroslav
                WHOA I can change this!1!
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by runningman

Look this is they way I see it happening over the coming days.. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict the future..

Gas is going to go down to $55-75 a barrell over the next 10 months
                on findings of an oil reserve in Russia and Indonesia and by saying that the demand has decreased due to the American market slowing.

This will totally bankrupt the Arab nations since oil is where they get all there money.

This will drive inflation through the roof. When oil drops back down the American Dollar is going to plummet as well.. Driving a sustained recession/ depression for a few years..

Hell maybe Avian Flu makes an appearance over the next year as well.. Now i'm really going for it!! HAHAHAH

We should have a "predict the future thread" so we can see how wrong or right we really are. If I'm wrong I will be fine with it because that will mean the economy is back and everything won't be so damn expensive.

I'm sorry, but I just can't read this sort of insanity without responding. Your "prediction" is in violent conflict with just about every principle of modern finance and economics.

#1: high oil prices are a driver of inflation. Lower oil prices would actually help decrease inflation in many parts of the world. Oil is a major input into many products and services. If oil prices are higher, manufacturers will pass on that impact to consumers where possible. Have you seen what is going on with the airlines lately?

#2: Really high oil prices arguable represent a significant drag on economic growth in the US, Europe and other parts of the world. Yes, it is true that the energy companies make more with high oil prices. But if it gets high enough, then it eats into consumers' disposable income, causing them to curtail their spending on other goods and services. It can then doubly hurt other non-energy firms because they suffer lower sales and investment due to the weaker consumer demand AND the higher input prices they pay if their products depend on oil as a factor of production (see #1 above).

#3. In general, there is an inverse relationship between the price of oil and the US dollar; i.e. as oil increases as the US dollar declines. This is not to say that increases in oil prices cause the US dollar decline; rather it reflects the fact that a weaker US dollar effectively makes the import price of oil higher. The fundamental cause of the US dollar decline has much more to do with America's current account and budget deficits. If you want, I can get into that as well. Right now the dollar has strengthened a bit and oil prices have declined. See here from a current article:

Oil Trades Below $122 on Stronger U.S. Dollar, Weaker Demand
                http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...efer=australia

But all of these points suggest that somewhat lower oil prices would actually HELP our economy, not HURT it. The US and Europe is already flirting with recession for a variety of reasons, and the high price of oil is only hurting us further. Lower oil prices would hurt the Arabs relatively speaking, but so the fuck what. And fyi, oil prices were at $50 a barrel and lower not that long ago, and the Arabs were not at all going bankrupt.

Originally posted by runningman
                Just look at how the AP wrote the article

"Messages left Tuesday at both Stevens' Senate office in Washington and his campaign office in Anchorage were not immediately returned."

which means he returned them just not immediately.

well, can't argue with you there
                mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• toasty
                  Sir Toastiness
                  • Jun 2004

I'll tell you what, I don't know about the whole oil thing and I'm not sure I agree it's connected, but there are few things that give me more joy than watching yet another self-righteous right winger get indicted. Dude has been one of the worst of the worst...

Comment

• runningman
                    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                    • Jun 2004

and he still wins even though he is under indictment.

Indicted U.S. Sen. Ted Stevens easily turned back challengers in Alaska's Republican primary, but the state's longtime representative, Don Young, was locked in a neck-and-neck battle with a GOP rival Wednesday.

Comment

Working...