X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phoenixbass
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Research ESSAY........Club scene

I have to write an argumentative research paper (for example on abortion) and I dont know what I want to write on yet.

It would be cool if I could somehow write about the dance/club/nightlife scene !

any ideas ??

thanks!
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Read a book titled "Generation Ecstasy" it's pretty informative about the origins of dance music (ie Chicago, Detroit, NYC, London, Birmingham, etc) and the advent of ecstasy within the scene. I'm not sure if you're looking to go that route, but if it's an argumentative then the book should be able to provide you some historical examples of some of the cons.
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• diskofreak
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Re: Research ESSAY........Club scene

maybe like cd, vs vinyl and all thing in between ( like laptops, final scratch etc)
      raves vs clubs
      clubbers v guidos
      diffrent genres of music,
      techno v house?
      go on some other club boards, see what controverseys there sre
      like djs
      tenglia v,.. like who ever, eric morillio, whos better all that
      how bout big clubs vs small intimate no name dj partys
      young clubbers/ravers/ jaded old schoolers...
      rpmoters, some are greedy, some are genuine..
      if i come across a really good topic, ill post it,
      oo a good one
      WEEK DAY PARTYS vs WEEKENDS...
      thats my big thing,
      i love week day partys sooo much better,
      weekends are like amature night in the city, stuuf is more expensive, the ppl suck
      but ill never stay home on a fri/ sat & i always end up in the city, usually at a big club to, but i always opt for/ preparty at a smaller place .( well i HAD tostay home this past weekend or i would of failed my law 300 test that i just aced... i think i failed my accounting test though , whatever 2 more to make it up)
      the city vs LI/JERSEY
      old school scene vs new...

Comment

• diskofreak
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

dust vs k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        hell ya!!!!!!!

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

tiesto v good dj's lol

Comment

• phoenixbass
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

i am going to do the Drug Anti-Proliferation Act of 2003 or File Sharing ... ????

Comment

• remoh
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

i think the clubscene is a great topic for an essay...
              start by first stablishing its origins
              talk about how it has become mainstream and there is lots of money involved (promotions , djs)
              talk about its downfalls (drugs, noise [ for communities] , greed)
              bring up its good point (culture, recreation, art, expression, money generated forcommunities [jobs, djs, vendors, taxi cabs, etc]...

now argue ..is the clubscene good for americas youth, or is it a haven for drugs and money hungry club promoters who profit on naive clubgoers...

was the rave act created by politicians who are afraid of self expresing clubgoers or is it an effort to keep americas youth safe.

is it legal to hold club owners accountable of drug use in their clubs. should people be allowed to use recreational drugs at their own discretion

so many angles.....

wow this could be such a good essay...i want a copy of the final paper....
              [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
              |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• GrantT
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

I'd be quick to parrallel any essay of that type to previous movements, where the musical style is different.

eg: Northern Soul, rap/hip hop, alternative rock, hippie movements.

Comment on society's perpetual untrusting position that ultimately turns out to be either false - or grossly misconstrued.

Or something like that.

(Pick up a copy of Last Night A DJ Saved My Life book.. it'd be an invaluable resource for researching clubs - regardless of era.)
                Australia's best - .AUdio on www.protonradio.com

Comment

• diskofreak
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

i say k v dust

Comment

• Pataky P
                    asdf_imo
                    • Jun 2004

Tiesto is Shit!!I hate him!!He play Shit music!!
                    Sasha,Digweed Forever!!!!!They are my Best DJ'S!!!!!

Comment

• rewing3
                      I really don't care
                      • Jun 2004

Good Topic. There are so many angles to take this issue on. Good luck. You can also argue the Rave act. That would make a great essay.
                      Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• beat_freq
                        Getting warmed up
                        • Jun 2004

i've always been intrigued by the parallels b/w rave culture and jam-band culture... more than most genres, participation seems to be so much more involved, more a lifestyle than just a hobby or preference. consider that fans of both are willing to travel tremendous distances i.e. across state lines for single-name events (how many people do that for individual bands?), they form communities (virtual or otherwise) that revolve around the art, the performances alone are typically event-like vs just a live show and represent a day (if not more) of experience, there is almost this perpetual cycling in and out of participants b/c the lifestyles of both are basically unsustainable from a time/money/burnout standpoint (newbies join as the rest of us get day jobs), there are so many negative connotations associated with the genres yet the participants are prob the most harmless and considerate groups going, even the clothing and dance forms have similarities (comfy, relaxed, unchoreographed). anyway, sweet run-on there - good luck with whatever you decide on

Comment

• papa_giorgio
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rewing3
                          Good Topic. There are so many angles to take this issue on. Good luck. You can also argue the Rave act. That would make a great essay.
                          Or you can write about the use and abuse of coke and dj's in order to make it through daily after not sleeping for god knows how many days......

Comment

• thesightless
                            Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                            • Jun 2004

i wrote an article on bootlegs and remixes and similar things for

U.S. Legal Research Journal

it goes into detail on rights and royalties as well as mechanical royalties imposed.

feel free to look it up if your are at a large univ. , you should find it in the library if they teach any bus. law classes.

it was published last Nov
                            your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                            download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• phoenixbass
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2004

i have sat down and started writing this paper and its going to be harder than I thought !!

" On April 30, 2003 The Illicit Drug Anti-Proliferation Act was enacted in an attempt to fight drug use. The purpose of The Illicit Drug Anti-Proliferation Act is as follows: ?To prohibit an individual from knowingly opening, maintaining, managing, controlling, renting, leasing, making available for use, or profiting from any place for the purpose of manufacturing, distributing, or using any controlled substance, and for other purposes.? Essentially it was created to crack down on illegal use of Ecstasy and other drugs at parties, nightclubs, and various events. This law may reduce drug usage, but it also: 1. may imprision innocent people, 2. may have a negative effect of local economies, and 3. targets a specific genre of music and its followers. "

been sitting here for 20 minutes and this is all i got !

Comment

Working...