X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adzey
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Mar 2008

Ipod question

So i am away from home for a few days and want to hook my Ipod up to a different PC to put some new shizzle on it.

However last time i did this i had to wipe the thing clean just to work and get it to synchronize.

Anyone know how i can just connect it to a new pc without having to delete everything again because i have 20gig of stuff on it now and wont be happy to start off again

thanks

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"
  • herre
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Ipod question

if winamp is installed on the pc use it instead of itunes.
    you won't have any problems with it. just use the media library in winamp for it

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

if the new PC does not have iTunes installed, then during the installation itunes, just disable auto update (or whatever that option is to automatically have itunes update the toonz). You can't miss the option during the installation process.
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Adzey
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by herre
        if winamp is installed on the pc use it instead of itunes.
        you won't have any problems with it. just use the media library in winamp for it
        no winamp isnt installed so prob use kamal's advice as i dont know how to use winamp

Originally posted by Kamal
        if the new PC does not have iTunes installed, then during the installation itunes, just disable auto update (or whatever that option is to automatically have itunes update the toonz). You can't miss the option during the installation process.
        so what will happen once i connect my ipod back to my home pc after putting the new stuff on from a diff pc....nothing? will it work ok? etc

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

if iTunes on your home PC has been setup to "automatically update" your ipod with the tunes in your library, then the new songs you have added from the new PC will be deleted.

suggest before connecting your ipod to your home pc, fire up itunes, go to Edit >> Preferences >>Syncing and check "disable automcatic syncing"
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Funky Dredd
            Are you Kidding me??
            • May 2005

You can use sharepod.
            iPhone & iPad Music Transfer Software for Mac & PC
            Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• Troklo
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Every time I plug my ipod to another computer it asks me if I want to synchronise it I just say no that I want to work with the files manually and that's it!
              Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• Adzey
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Mar 2008

ok ive installed itunes on this other pc and it says whilst loading itunes, itunes has detected a corrupt ipod and needs to be reformatted now i dont wanna do that but how do i fix it or is this a standard message??

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

yer sol
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Adzey
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Mar 2008

its wank this itunes innit bruv lol

Comment

• Kamal
                      Administrator
                      • May 2002

ya know it. had the "corrupted" ipod error twice in the last month. first time had to completely reset it to default losing all my music, the second time it happened, even the reset failed. now all it does when connected is charge itself so it can sit on my table like a juiced up music player just to hold all my shit and not do anything with it
                      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

Working...