disappointing, didn't used to be like this...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spyros
    Gold Gabber
    • May 2007

Re: disappointing, didn't used to be like this...

you can go on Kiss100 streaming radio and record any show broadcasted live with BlazeMediaPro. it gives you the option to record in stereo or mono and loads more options! thats what i use anyway to rip the sets i rip!
    Greeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks

"Winston Churchill"

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

You sure it's in stereo?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• spyros
        Gold Gabber
        • May 2007

i beleive so. it says stereo.. i will check now with some sets i ripped..

"Winston Churchill"

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Found this on Wikipedia

5 Criticisms of DAB
          5.1 Music radio stations broadcasting in mono
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by spyros
            you can go on Kiss100 streaming radio and record any show broadcasted live with BlazeMediaPro. it gives you the option to record in stereo or mono and loads more options! thats what i use anyway to rip the sets i rip!
            That's probably the equivalent of Audio Hijack pro which I use with my mac. But what bitrate are they streaming at ??I think it would be better quality if they are recording from the actual broadcast.Of course I could be totally wrong about all of this
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• spyros
              Gold Gabber
              • May 2007

yeah i dont think you can get best audio quality from a radio broadcast but it will be ok.i opened a set in soundforge, clicked on properties and says stereo. the 2 waveforms are similar but NOT identical.

"Winston Churchill"

Comment

• threehills
                I heart Lollergirl
                • Jun 2005

Another enigma solved by the [ms] braintrust.
                It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• unkownartist
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

as it goes i,m willing to take over doing the recording of the shows each week from now on but as i,ve discussed with tom uploading them to the server isnt an option for me right now as i have other people use the pc's i use for the internet and i have caught my brother doing somethin he should of been doing and i blocked most file sharing and ftp access, sorry guys but i,ve just put atleast a couple of grand into one of my systems and i,m not gonna get it siezed or taken off me because of someone elses actions....

Comment

• Jenks
                    I'm kind of a big deal.
                    • Jun 2004

How many posts must be have, i can download in stereo?

Comment

• Steve Graham
                      DJ Jelly
                      • Jun 2004

^^^ hahaha, dick

Comment

• sammwalk
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TomTom
                        5 pages of Gibberish for me and the way our members fight with each others about normal topics sometimes is just priceless. This issue was brought up months ago already and it has to do with the recordings we use (or better say have to use) since January. The few exceptions (January, June and August) were Stereo because our internal rippers recorded those shows. The January 20 and June 1 show were recorded from herre and the August 3 show was recorded from red1.

Littleangel rips the mixes in 48 kHz and though the ID3 tag says that 2 channels (Stereo) are used, the waveforms of both channels are 100% identical in opposite to true stereo recordings. Just open one of the mono mixes in Soundforge or similiar audio editing applications and compare it with other recordings to see the differences on the waveforms on your own.

I do not know if the sampling rate of 48 kHz is the source of this problem (normally mp3 recordings are made in 44 kHz) but as long as you do not listen with headphones to the mixes, you will barely notice the difference. Our problem is, if we can't get our own recordings (not blaming herre or red1 here who do it for free in their spare time just like any other rippers) we rely on external people and in fact, getting the recordings from Tribalmixes.com was the only reliable source in the last months and I was grateful to at least get the show no matter if true Stereo or not so thanks to littleangel for providing them week by week.

The solution is pretty easy..we need our own recorders again and red1 made the beginning last week. If anybody has true Stereo recordings for all 2008 mixes, get in contact with me via PM and I will replace the versions in our internal archives when I return from my Holidays by August 21.
                        Thank you so much for the response TomTom. I do lurk here often but never saw any discussion on this topic, so I'm sorry to dredge it up and the ensuing vitriol.

And true, it's not that big of a deal to a lot of folks. But I'm sure we all have things that stick out at us and bother us that others just ignore.

Just to reiterate- I never meant to dig at anybody for any quality issues- it was trying to prove that the issue exits at all that got me fumed. Now that we have some authority weighing in with some more detailed descriptions of the problem, we can move forward. I was not aware that some of the sets are coming from different people- for all I knew before I started this thread, it was something we had worked out with Kiss100, or it was always the same person recording them, etc. As TomTom says above, it's certainly better than nothing at all if we can't get the best quality.

So, now that I know that the sets are coming from several people, I just want to say thank you to you all, regardless of the quality. I know you're doing your best.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                          Anyone have Styx livesets?
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
                          How many posts must be have, i can download in stereo?
                          ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• TomTom
                            Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                            • May 2002

Don't worry, sammwalk. I am sure only a few will even remember the thread about it. I searched for it and found it and to my surprise it was arised from you as well so you brought the problem initially up on the table.

Hey guys- this mix is in mono. check it on a pair of headphones, compare it to a previous mix. you can hear it right in the intro. continues through the rest of the mix. no problem, always appreciate the work that goes into posting the mixes; just a heads up. -Sam

Comment

• TheMightyGreg
                              Editor Shmeditor
                              • Nov 2006

Not really fussed about the stereo/mono issue, but to whoever recorded last weeks Youngsters guest mix - bravo! Slickest edit between parts 1 and 2 to date
                              Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7

Comment

• lilsensa
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
                                Come on this is blown out of proportion. If I'm anal about stereo it would bug the hell out of me too. 'Cept I have other things to be anal about.
                                Like anal itself.
                                RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

Working...