• Show
Clear All
  • unkownartist
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: to make up for the mono thread

Originally posted by Shiva
    ^^^ BIG TIME!!!
    and not only for his music etc, but because I also experienced something with this guy that really put me out of myself:

In 2007, Lebanon was being submitted to a wave of terrorist attacks, like 20 bombs were blown in the city in less than 1 year time, doing all the damages (human & material) you can imagine. During that period, many promoters and radio stations signed up several major world artists for local gigs (Among which Lawler and others of that clibre).
    As a result of the situation, most of these gigs were cancelled or failed (coz very few people would take risks of attending big concerts by fear of bombs). Anyway.

And one day, a promoter friend of mine comes along and decides to take this huge risk of signing Fiesto to a concert. This guys simply organized this major event not only during a VERY BAD period, but the gig had also been organized on a MONDAY (ususally ppl party during the weekends, not in the middle of the week).

Usually when I do closings or afterhours gigs, I don't go to the party for the beggining, I just try to get a nap or a small sleep, wake up in the early morning and go do my job. Well that night while sleeping I received a call from my radio station manager (Radio One) asking me to come early to see what was happening in the Fiesto concert: FULLY PACKED, the whole town where he played was totally jammed from traffic and parked cars. So I stood up and went to see that with my own eyes, coz I was expecting the event to be a total flop. When I got there I was simply shocked: how can this guy assemble 23.000 ppl in the middle of a bombing season, in the middle of the week, and create the biggest EDM event in local history. I WAS SHOCKED!!!
    And I dont wana even mention how he played and what kinda music he played.

Anyway...lol....I learned that fiesto had come to Lebanon with a bunch of friends, and before going up on stage he had asked the promoter to get him a bottle of black label whisky for his friends, which the promoter refused to do at first. But then Presto threatened him to leave the concert if he doesnt get that bottle, so the promoter had to comply (and with a smile on his face).

To tell you this: This guy did his 3 hours time of work, and got paid.....do you want to know how much?
    120.000 Euros = 170.000 US$ for a 3 hours of noise that was killing my ears and brain of pain!!!

So YES, to my eyes Presto is the greatest of Terrorist djs....lol

dammit if i'd of known that i would of flown over and bombed him myself

Comment

• dig72
      Gold Gabber
      • Nov 2004

Well yes, the whole thing deserves respect coz it was organized during a hell of a period the country was going through. But lemmi tell you that the Lebanese EDM scene is soo crazy that it becomes surreal sometimes...the more there is stress in this country the more people party. It's just crazy!

Lol...The maximum private parties that were made in the last 5 years in lebanon was in 2006 during the 33-days war between Israel & Hizballah. It was just out of this world, EVERYBODY was partying at home like there is no tomorrow. I even know of some producers that stood on the roofs of buildings to record sound of israeli planes passing over the capital, and the sound of the bombs as well, in order to include them in their tracks....how does that seem?? FREAKY!!!
      Many people all over the world admire the attitudes and the resilience of the Lebanese people and I am so happy to see them partying and enjoying themselves like we do. They deserve it.

I had a chat with Cattaneo when he was out here about his Beirut gig a couple of years back and he said it was something pretty special.

Hope to make it out there in the near future.
      “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
      Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• unkownartist
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by dig72
        Many people all over the world admire the attitudes and the resilience of the Lebanese people and I am so happy to see them partying and enjoying themselves like we do. They deserve it.

I had a chat with Cattaneo when he was out here about his Beirut gig a couple of years back and he said it was something pretty special.

Hope to make it out there in the near future.
        things like that work, if you go to the troubles in ireland you will see that most of the hate that still exsists in from the older generation as the younger generation just like to party now, its not 100% sorted but its on route, 10-15 years ago a southern irishman wouldnt even set foot into northern ireland, now you have them partying all night long side by side

Comment

• palmer
          Retired or Simply Important
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
          red1 sucks at punctuation.
          and his signature
          is way too big
          todayistomorrow
          art direction | design | animation

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by palmer
            and his signature
            is way too big
            And quite disturbing
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• unkownartist
              Banned
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by palmer
              and his signature
              is way too big
              Originally posted by DIDI
              And quite disturbing
              you know what they say.......

big sig big erm ...... or as in my case erm

Comment

• Miroslav
                WHOA I can change this!1!
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by sammwalk
                Lord knows I find plenty of things equally or more disturbing in the nonsense thread, which easily has the most views by far on this board.
                bingo... we condemn it here, then we go and laugh at it over there
                mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• chanty
                  John, John, where art thou!
                  • Jun 2004

It's looks to me like they're having tons of fun. The lady in yellow has a great spirit. And it is funny! Some of those dance moves and the falling off the couch is hilarious!!
                  Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• unkownartist
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by chanty
                    It's looks to me like they're having tons of fun. The lady in yellow has a great spirit. And it is funny! Some of those dance moves and the falling off the couch is hilarious!!
                    chanty, you dont see!!!

look closer, no i meen really closer, she skinnier woman makes a mistake in her "dance routene" ( if thats how its spelled )

watch her body lanuage

watch what it tells u

( @ shiva : tbh i,m a little concerned about what i said about u, i'd just like to say in public that in no way was it an attack on you personally...if u took it that way then i can only appologise, i was gonna send this in a pm but i thought it would be better to say it out in the open )

Comment

• chanty
                      John, John, where art thou!
                      • Jun 2004

What..that they're drunk? jk!!!

Honestly Red...I don't see what you're talking about.
                      I was almost nervous to watch it again thinking I'd see something horrendous but I still see two chicks dancing and having a good time. And I watched it closely about 10 times. Care to tell me what you see from her body language?
                      Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

What makes this so sad and bad is that some arsehole took the video you describe chanty and titled and commented as they did !! The objective clearly being to ridicule

Btw I thought she was a bit uncomfortable and she wanted the camera off.
                        Originally posted by TheVrk
                        it IS incredible isn't it??
                        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• unkownartist
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by chanty
                          What..that they're drunk? jk!!!

Honestly Red...I don't see what you're talking about.
                          I was almost nervous to watch it again thinking I'd see something horrendous but I still see two chicks dancing and having a good time. And I watched it closely about 10 times. Care to tell me what you see from her body language?

right i havnt watched it again so this is from memory....she almost falls at one point and its the way she reacts to that "trip" that kind of gives it away, i aint an expert on body lanuage but u can tell that underneath the exterior there is something nervous .
                          you can tell alot about a person just by the reactions to certain instances, u could put it down to being camera shy on this one but if this was the case then why would she of allowed it to be filmed....peer pressure ?

either that or i,m talking shizzle, probibly the later

Comment

• Shiva
                            MCast Mistress
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by red1
                            @ shiva : tbh i,m a little concerned about what i said about u, i'd just like to say in public that in no way was it an attack on you personally...if u took it that way then i can only appologise, i was gonna send this in a pm but i thought it would be better to say it out in the open
                            Sweety if I was the type of person to get offended by small remarks I would have quit djing (or exposed to public) long ago. Again, no offense taken whatsoever, so lets forget about it.
                            But if I may give u a friendly advise, DO NO DRINK & TYPE on forums , coz alcohol is the type of thing that makes you regret what you may do/say when drunk (thats why I hate alcohol and never drink).

Comment

• Shiva
                              MCast Mistress
                              • Nov 2007

^ lol...
                              btw Red, I just got me the Sony Cybershot cam, and with 4-5 events that are coming up for me in the next few weeks, expect to see more pix (and videos) of moi on this board.
                              So from now i'm warning you, you'ld better close that "random pix" section on ur pc....

Hopefully I will be able to share some live (gigs) mixes as well, just to get back on that thread "chicks can't mix"

Comment

• unkownartist
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2005

^ lol...
                                btw Red, I just got me the Sony Cybershot cam, and with 4-5 events that are coming up for me in the next few weeks, expect to see more pix (and videos) of moi on this board.
                                So from now i'm warning you, you'ld better close that "random pix" section on ur pc....

Hopefully I will be able to share some live (gigs) mixes as well, just to get back on that thread "chicks can't mix"
                                grrrr

tbh...ah never mind

Comment

Working...