X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chanty
    John, John, where art thou!
    • Jun 2004

A little walk in my jami's

Here I am, surfing MS after just waking up...in my pj's sipping the first tea of the day and lo and behold I hear a woman outside asking if a dog she found belongs to someone. I can't ignore that request so I peek out my living room window and a drunk Indian woman has a dog that lives down the street by the collar. Said dog is a shaved husky with a satalite around its head. I go out front to help her 'cause I know where the dog lives and of course all of my neighbours are out, So we take a little stroll to the dog owners place and I knock on her open door and wake her up. She was very upset about her dog prancing aroung the neighbourhood. Well, that was fun...good deed done for the day and all in my pj's and sopping wet hair from the shower. This is in downtown T.O aswell. I never wanted my neighbours to know me this well!
    Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....
  • chanty
    John, John, where art thou!
    • Jun 2004

Re: A little walk in my jami's

Gas explosion:

The blaze was triggered by a massive explosion at a propane facility that sent huge plumes of smoke into the air and scattered debris for kilometres.
    Were you affected by the explosion? Click here to share your story.
    The building, belonging to Sunrise Propane Industrial Gases, blew just before 4am on Murray Road near Keele and Wilson. It's a supplier of nitrogen, propane and helium.
    There were workers inside the building at the time. It's not known if they made it out, or even how many were there.
    Miraculously, no fatalities have been reported, and authorities want to keep it that way. However, at noon, one person was still unaccounted for.

Do you have photos or videos of the explosion? Submit them to It's Your Story...
    Anyone in the area bounded by Sheppard Ave. in the north, Highway 401 in the south, Allen Rd. in the east and Jane St. in the west should leave immediately. Census data suggests that there could be as many as 12,500 people and 5,300 private dwellings in the 1.6-kilometre area around the explosion. Anecdotal reports show that many of those people are elderly.
    If you have friends or relatives there, stay away and try to contact them by phone. If that fails, head to the Track and Field Centre at York University - that's where TTC buses are taking anxious evacuees.
    The Red Cross and the Salvation Army are on scene to tend to any wounds, provide a hot meal and register all the evacuees.
    The Toronto Humane Society is also on hand to look after pets.
    The evacuation was a precautionary measure, as an air quality check revealed the air was safe to breathe. However, officials were worried about further explosions.
    By 9am, five hours after the initial blast, two tankers were still smoldering. One of the tankers was thought to have two feet of propane gas inside it.
    However, by 11:30am, officials were much more optimistic.
    Firefighters are close to extinguishing all the burning tanks, significantly reducing the risk of another explosion, Division Commander Bob O'Hallarn revealed at a press conference.
    He said given the impact of the blast, the city's residents 'got off very lucky.'
    It's not known when residents will be allowed back in. At a press conference, Neil Corrigan of Toronto Police advised evacuees to take medication, pets and anything else they may need to get through the day with them as they leave.
    The blast lit up the pre-dawn sky, sending huge orange fireballs into the air and leaving mushroom-shaped clouds behind. Residents reported tankers launched into the air, while others thought it was an earthquake or a nuclear attack.
    Shattered windows and fire-damaged homes greeted emergency crews.
    The OPP, paramedics, firefighters and Toronto Police have rushed to the area to battle the flames and tend to the people there.
    There are only minor injuries, such as sprained ankles, breathing problems, and cuts and bruises.
    Acting Deputy Mayor Shelley Carroll advised those with loved ones affected by the blast not to go to the area.
    "What's important for folks from the evacuated area is to cooperate with Fire services and Police services," Carroll said. "We have been coordinating City services all morning to make sure that people can be evacuated comfortably and people need to adhere to that. People whose friends and family are in this area, I think most people are smart enough to know, don't come to the family. Your friends and family will be in contact with you once they get to the shelter area."
    Area residents weren't the only ones affected by the blast: traffic was snarled across the city for much of Sunday.
    The 401 was closed from the 404/Don Valley Parkway to Highway 400 and cars could not get on or off the major thoroughfare.
    TTC subway stops in the area were closed, and bus routes were diverted.
    A no-fly zone was ordered over the area in northwest Toronto at Keele and Wilson.
    Local breaking news, traffic and weather, live updates and headlines. National news, business, lifestyle, politics. CityNews, Everywhere.

It's been an interesting morning!
    Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

^^ God Yeah!!
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• unkownartist
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by chanty
        Here I am, surfing MS after just waking up...in my pj's sipping the first tea of the day and lo and behold I hear a woman outside asking if a dog she found belongs to someone. I can't ignore that request so I peek out my living room window and a drunk Indian woman has a dog that lives down the street by the collar. Said dog is a shaved husky with a satalite around its head. I go out front to help her 'cause I know where the dog lives and of course all of my neighbours are out, So we take a little stroll to the dog owners place and I knock on her open door and wake her up. She was very upset about her dog prancing aroung the neighbourhood. Well, that was fun...good deed done for the day and all in my pj's and sopping wet hair from the shower. This is in downtown T.O aswell. I never wanted my neighbours to know me this well!
        you know the routine.....

pics or stfu!

Comment

Working...