X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palmer
    Retired or Simply Important
    • Jun 2004

FAO Designers | The Process

Scary thing is that this is very much like dealing with any client.
    todayistomorrow
    art direction | design | animation
  • tiddles
    Encryption, Jr.
    • Jun 2004

Re: FAO Designers | The Process

funny, i just started working as a commercial writer and this basically happened to me today.

Comment

• chanty
      John, John, where art thou!
      • Jun 2004

Funny and pathetic! I see it my industry all of the time. Especially t.v commercials.
      And it's filmed in Toronto!!
      Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• palmer
        Retired or Simply Important
        • Jun 2004

I've shown this to offending parties in the past few weeks and they are completely oblivious- sometimes finding it more amusing than any non-offenders.
        todayistomorrow
        art direction | design | animation

Comment

• AntonyM
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2004

The whorish reality of that piece is vomit inducing.
          Originally posted by Shpira
          So came back last night...
          Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
          Originally posted by Illuminate
          Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
          2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
          3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
          4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Yup, that's what I deal with on every brief. It's particularly worse when your own suits know shit and can't think for themselves beyond passing on those feedback from clients.

Ironically in Sullivan's Hey Whipple, he talks about the actual Stop sign and how it's the distillation of what an ad should be.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• nsite
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

truth
              ...I love you when you're not masterminding my downfall

Comment

• unkownartist
                Banned
                • Nov 2005