• herogee
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

Re: Bedrock 10th Birthday

Originally posted by TheMightyGreg
        ... the worst kind of overpriced chain pubs piles of wank imaginable

Originally posted by genaro
        Guildford is pretty awesome
        I say we drop by the Jolly Farmer to grab a pint or two ...
        If you're fond of sand dunes and salty air,
        quaint little villages here and there ...

Comment

• ace_dl
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by herogee

I say we drop by the Jolly Farmer to grab a pint or two ...
          Yeah yeah, let's drop by the Weyside (It's not called Jolly Farmer anymore) and then catch an early train to Waterloo
          Speakman Sound - Hold the Line

Comment

• simonr
            Transitionator
            • Jun 2004

No news on tickets yet ?

It's a premiership-free day on the saturday so i'll be making this !
            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• fletcher
              Platinum Poster
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by simonr
              No news on tickets yet ?

It's a premiership-free day on the saturday so i'll be making this !
              http://fletchymole.wordpress.com/

Comment

• ddr
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

UK wankers.... hate you all.

enjoy everyone that is lucky enough to go to this!!!
                "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• scifi pi
                  Addiction started
                  • Oct 2004

from Beatportal article on Fabric's new club "MATTER" in London's O2 Dome...

"It’s called Matter - the second venture by the masterminds behind Fabric - and the product of a carte blanche bankrolled by keen investors cackling in the face of the credit crunch.

Beatportal was shown around its inner shell on a press trip last week.

This venue has the potential to be, at least on paper, the global epicenter of nightlife.

Based in the O2 Dome, Matter might not be the easiest place to get to at 1:00 AM (what with it being the “wrong” side of the river Thames), which is why its promoters are flogging the notion that they have struck up a deal with a Thames Clipper service.

This means that you get on a boat which takes you across the river, pumping out funky music whilst providing smoking and drinking facilities.

But why the Dome?

Before you hate on the Dome ... it’s actually really impressive inside.

It’s a weird arcology of restaurants, bars, pretty lights and colours - everything you need to survive the claws of boredom.

Beatportal - peeping into the guts of the Dome “behind the walls” - was amazed to see how much space remained for commercial businesses.

Matter is one of them.

“It’s impossibly rare to get this kind of space smack-bang in the middle of London”, says Will Harold - promotions manager of club Matter.

“If we wanted to start another venue in London it would be in some dingy basement somewhere,” he continues. “We’re lucky here, in that we have a blank canvas with practically unlimited space to completely design a club from the ground up.”

Imagine: you’re told that you can build a club in the middle of London; any size you want with whatever you want in it.

It’s the kind of dream that typically never leaves the confines of the Monopoly board.

And this is the philosophy behind Matter, the product of three years of deliberation and planning.

The Facts

Matter’s outer shell was constructed some nine months ago, and the venue is opening on the 18th September 2008, but only for those with a special press invite.

With an Oyster card, revelers can venture to Matter on Thames Clippers (that, according to the promoter, have “no speed limits") for around £4, and go all googly-eyed as they watch plasma screens in the back of the boat.

The main entrance to Matter is separate from the O2 entrance, although the club can be reached from inside the Dome itself.

Two gargantuan plasma screens are currently being erected outside the main entrance, which will probably be quite a sight to party-goers bobbing along the River Thames.

Whilst Fabric has a regimented dance policy, Matter is more live-orientated.

Described by its promoters as a “chameleon-like venue”, it has been designed to change shape analogous to the music inside it.

Stages can be removed or placed, ceilings and floors opened and closed ... don’t even get us started on the huge bridge that arcs across the echelons of the VIP room.

Expect house, techno, breaks and, importantly, live music from cutting-edge bands at Matter.

Soon to be crowned the king of clubs? Anyone and everyone from Deadmau5 to Carl Cox are expected, and for this reason Matter will be competing with the famed Koko club in Camden on the mid-week event stakes.

There will be a smoking garden swathed in plants and trees, and a heated entrance swaddled in dome skin, shielding queuers from wind and foul feather.

The coat queueing system is interesting, based upon barcodes that you scan inside the venue, so when you arrive at the cloakroom your coat is ready for you.

At least, that’s how it should work in theory, according to “Q” in James Bond.

Remember how Fabric pioneered the “body sonic floor” - the “moving” dance floor?

Well, Matter has the next generation of this, called the “body kinetic floor”.

This new technology uses a physical process to transfer energy to those standing on top of it.

80 pistons underneath one’s feet transmit energy through their skeletal system, which dissipates in their chest [Mariah Carey beware], effectively turning your body into an organic speaker.

The sound system in Matter is a step up from Fabric’s - a new-generation Martin Audio system.

It has never been used before.

The venue is also laden with beastly subwoofers surrounding the ankles of those on the dance floor.

All the sound is mapped in 3D via the club’s reciprocal design, where the subs are complemented by floating speakers dolling out mids and highs.

The sound system allegedly allows the DJ to create 3D soundscapes.

The setting for many a wasted weekendFor example, a DJ can put a sound anywhere in the venue.

So in theory, a DJ could take a bassline, and have it wash around the venue in a circular motion, recreating the feeling of being inside a tornado.

Matter’s visuals will probably be the most advanced of any venue in the world, matching its sound system.

Eight cinema-quality projectors suspended on yokes in the main room can project solid bands of colour onto minute targets down to the nearest millimeter, so that there will be no spill whatsoever.

Because of the modular style of the venue, when a ceiling/floor is shut, visuals projected onto the floor above come through the ceiling below.

The promoter highlighted an example of going to the extremes of setting up vertical cameras, filming toy cars being dropped from cranes onto them, which the audience below will see as they turn their heads towards the ceiling.

Matters floors and ceilings, basically, formate into giant TV screens."

Comment

• AndyH
                    Platinum Poster
                    • May 2005

Sounds pretty damn good. I have to admit I really like the sound of a 'dingy basement' as well though
                    [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• TheMightyGreg
                      Editor Shmeditor
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by scifi pi
                      Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7

Comment

• AndyH
                        Platinum Poster
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by TheMightyGreg
                        Amateur
                        [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• fletcher
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jul 2005

this is going to rock
                          http://fletchymole.wordpress.com/

Comment

• genaro
                            Getting warmed up
                            • Jul 2008

Just bought my tickets.

This is going to be an awesome night, hope digweed drops a bunch of classics

Comment

• TheMightyGreg
                              Editor Shmeditor
                              • Nov 2006

My bitch just boughtour tickets...I'm sure he'll be along shortly to tell you how excited he is
                              Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7

Comment

• chunky
                                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by scifi pi
                                from Beatportal article on Fabric's new club "MATTER" in London's O2 Dome...

.Remember how Fabric pioneered the “body sonic floor” - the “moving” dance floor?

Well, Matter has the next generation of this, called the “body kinetic floor”.

This new technology uses a physical process to transfer energy to those standing on top of it.

80 pistons underneath one’s feet transmit energy through their skeletal system, which dissipates in their chest [Mariah Carey beware], effectively turning your body into an organic speaker.

The sound system in Matter is a step up from Fabric’s - a new-generation Martin Audio system.

It has never been used before.

The venue is also laden with beastly subwoofers surrounding the ankles of those on the dance floor.

All the sound is mapped in 3D via the club’s reciprocal design, where the subs are complemented by floating speakers dolling out mids and highs.

The setting for many a wasted weekendFor example, a DJ can put a sound anywhere in the venue.

So in theory, a DJ could take a bassline, and have it wash around the venue in a circular motion, recreating the feeling of being inside a tornado.

Matter’s visuals will probably be the most advanced of any venue in the world, matching its sound system.

Eight cinema-quality projectors suspended on yokes in the main room can project solid bands of colour onto minute targets down to the nearest millimeter, so that there will be no spill whatsoever.

Because of the modular style of the venue, when a ceiling/floor is shut, visuals projected onto the floor above come through the ceiling below.
                                Yeah i will believe all that when i experience it. I Remember how Fabric said they pioneered the “body sonic floor” when they opened. I went there several times and didn't notice anything. I was later told they only turn it on sometimes, manly when nearly everyone had gone home.
                                Originally posted by res0nat0r
                                OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

Working...