Minitek Nyc sept 12-14 Any Msers going??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subdude
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

Re: Minitek Nyc sept 12-14 Any Msers going??

Tiefschwarz Mandy and Audiofly are going to play aty Webster Hall but they are charging $30. I got this info from the rhythmism site.
    _________
    _subdude_
    _________

Comment

• ShawnD64
      Quickshot the Minute Man
      • Jan 2005

Cluster fuck

It wouldn't be so bad if the express train thru Manhattan wasn't down. Took me 2.5 hours to get to coney island from the Bronx. And 2 hours home from bum fuck studio b. Not going today, 4 hours on the metro then 4 hour bus home. No thanks.
      http://soundcloud.com/scd64
      http://www.myspace.com/scd64
      http://b-sidesradio.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Miroslav
        WHOA I can change this!1!
        • Apr 2006

wow. From what I'm reading here and hearing from others, it sounds like this is turning out to be a fucking disaster... a shame, seems like this happens all too often in the EDM scene. Glad I didn't go.
        mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• jeffrey collins
          Not cool enough
          • Jun 2004

I agree with Miro, I'm glad I didn't go. Sounds like these promoters need to learn how to throw a large party correctly. Perhaps they should go asking the guys who throw the Love Parade in Berlin...Those guys know how to throw a party.
          Jeffrey Collins: Painter
          My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
          My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• mazi
            Gold Gabber
            • Oct 2006

well, friday night i was pretty upset, locations were too far too. it was hard to get around.
            but cooney island was EMAZING!
            the night venues were not good. studio B was fun but magda playds a boring ass set and who ever that was before her.
            marc houle and format b were playing back to back which they sarted pumping beats. but it was 6 am by than and i could no longer stand of my feet after 14 hours of dancing.
            sunday also fantastic
            troy kiled IT
            and AUDION! just wow i was speachless. just sO goood!
            although there were alot of problems i have to say i had one hell of a weekend.
            ps. marco corola and maco osanu were fantastic @ rebel.
            memek @ rebel very good aswell.
            breath deep

Comment

• tonig357
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2007

yea, unfortunately the festival was a mess in many way but the music at coney island was ridiculous!! it definitely made up for all that went wrong...

i have a car so going to & from coney island wasn't a problem..

guy gerber at coney island on sunday was the best set of the festival...he was relentless!!!

Comment

• buckman
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

so....does anyone know if any of the sets were recorded??
                " Darkness Imprisioning Me
                All That I See
                Absolute Horror
                I Cannot Live
                I Cannot Die
                Trapped In Myself
                Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)

soulseek sn buckman28

Comment

• Caley Martin
                  MCast Resident DJ
                  • Oct 2004

some streams there...
                  For your aural infusion of Caley:
                  http://mcast.mercuryserver.com
                  http://soundcloud.com/caleymartin
                  http://ultrawizardsword.net
                  RA: Caley

Comment

• miketpoto
                    Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
                    • Jan 2005

I was at coney on sunday, and had a total blast.

I kept leaving to go on the wonder wheel and do another nathan's run though, lol.

Comment

• Taylor Norris
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by buckman
                      so....does anyone know if any of the sets were recorded??
                      http://dailysession.com/category/radio-shows/ over 20 hours of music from the festival i was there & the music was incredible!!!! guy gerber's set was by far the best of the festival... enjoy!!

Comment

• tonig357
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jun 2007

Minitek Blog has been updated:

apologies owed…
                        September 16th, 2008 by Jenny

dear all,

as we’ve expected, there are many enraged, disappointed and upset people out there that gave minitek’s first edition their support.

obviously we want to apologize for all the mishaps that have taken place over the weekend and we know well that we can offer little to make up for the bad experiences. we can’t blame you for directing all your anger towards us, as we are the official representatives of the festival, however, to save at least a little bit of face, we would like to set a few things clear.

1) unlike the comments that have been posted, we DID NOT book a night venue that wouldn’t hold the amount of people we expected. instead we worked with a venue that had misrepresented their certificate of occupancy (the official document that restricts the amount of people the venue can legally hold). there was no reason to believe that the 38.000sf venue couldn’t hold 2500 people at the very least. once the police showed up, the manager of the venue was forced to show the “real” certificate of occupancy and as it turned out, the venue didn’t even have one! the one that was eventually shown to the police was from 1963 and claimed an occupancy of only 208 people, but it was long void as the venue had changed their use a few times since the permit was issued more than 40 years ago.

2) when we moved to rebel that same night, they had clear instructions to let in everyone with a wristband for free. most people i spoke to didn’t have an issue, but we did read in some posts that people had to pay again, which we deeply regret. at least we were able to salvage paul ritch’s, paco osuna’s, elon’s, memek’s and marco carola’s set, and we hope that we receive at least a little bit of credit for having been able to move to a backup venue within 10 minutes of the news that we were going to get shut down at 3:30am, most festivals would have just ended there.

3) minitek night was supposed to take place at the penn plaza both nights. the police had notified us that they would accept a maximum of 75 people in the space the second night, so we were obviously forced to work on a contingency plan. as you can imagine, there are hardly any venues in new york city that are large enough to hold several thousand people and second, available on a saturday night. we had to resort to splitting the night into two in order to make sure we could hold as many people as possible and honour the performances of the artists.

4) as for announcing the night venue change on saturday night, we had posted a sign outside the penn plaza but in a deliberate attempt to sabotage the festival, the sign was removed, possibly by someone affiliated with friday’s venue. rumour had it that webster hall was saturday night’s venue but it was in fact studio b and club europa, not webster hall.

4) regarding the opening of the second stage on saturday in coney island, it was a delay on the side of the sound production company, and as much as we pressured them, they weren’t able to open the stage until 7pm.

5) we had requested (and received a verbal ok) for a sound permit until midnight on the saturday and one until 11pm on the sunday. on saturday afternoon, however, we were informed by the authorities that the permit was only until 10pm for the saturday, so we had to cut the set times short. the notice for sunday came on sunday.

6) the RFID wristbands didn’t work out because they required internet access in order to be charged and loaded. we had ordered (and paid) internet connection at the penn plaza over 4 weeks ago and for the system to work, we would have needed 28 separate IP addresses, one for each reader. we eventually received only 5 IP addresses (without prior notice), and throughout the night, the internet dropped entirely, rendering the whole system useless. we will reimburse money loaded onto the wristbands at the beginning of the night, please get in touch with us on info@minitekfestival.com and keep the wristbands.

as for the organisation on our end, we admit that there were many mistakes and misjudgements made. had it been only for those though, we would have still been able to pull off the event without major glitches, albeit not as planned but certainly far from the disasters that eventually happened. we take the blame for those but we do hope that you understand that most chaos was caused by the night venue’s misrepresentation, which - straightout- f***ed us over, collected ten thousands of dollars from us and left us stranded. you can imagine the value lost from 1500 people that couldn’t enter that night, those who couldn’t enter the next night, let alone the big hit on our reputation.

all in all, as much as many of you had a terrible experience, you can’t even possibly imagine how we feel about the festival. apart from all personal money invested and lost, we also dedicated months and months of our time and all our energy and passion to making something happen that new york had never seen before. we had a vision and seeing the aftermath of everything almost kills our spirit.

we obviously understand that those of you who didn’t make it in on friday or saturday night are requesting refunds. but we also know that the more people are requesting refunds, the less likely it will be that we’ll be able to do minitek again in 2009, having learned from our experiences this year. we would really love to receive a second chance, to prove that we can in fact pull it off. refund policies are going to be published on wednesday.

a million things went wrong this year but the turnout proves that at least the idea of minitek wasn’t totally crazy and unless we’re fully deluded we did see and spoke to thousands of happy faces over the weekend, dancing, enjoying the music and thanking us for making minitek happen in the first place. rich’s and francois k’s closing sets surely were epic. and while the angry festival-goers are voicing their opinions on blogs and message boards, the satisfied attendees are silent.

so, a big apology to all of you who felt mistreated this weekend, we certainly had no intentions of delivering less than we promised. and a big “thank you” to those who still support us and who believe that with great lessons learned, we’ll be able to give new york the festival it deserves next year!

love,

jenny, daniele & the whole minitek team

please feel free to send us evil emails to info@minitekfestival.com and in case there are people out there who would like to drop us a line of support, please do so. in times like today, a few kind words surely go a long way…

Comment

• mazi
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Oct 2006

i was one of the happy ones.
                          i did endup spending alot of money trying to get into different venues. but it was still worth it.
                          if they throw it agian i will go again.
                          breath deep

Comment

• tonig357
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2007

agreed..i was one of the happy ones too...i'm sure that the 1st love parade, creamfields, mutek or any other festivals didn't go perfectly the 1st time around...

practice makes perfect right?? i really hope they do it again next year...lord knows new york needs this...seems like everything is shutting down here lately...

we need this!

Comment

Working...