X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bender420
    Tickle me Elmo!
    • Jun 2004

Re: 2008 Pensacola - [ms] meetup - PICTS Page 9 onwards

clint and i were talking on the way there friday nite. he was expressing about how cool it was to actually meet people from a message board. i told him how i'd met others from ms during some of my travels and always hit it off well with them. and truth be told, with no other genre of music would people who'd never met each other besides typing on a computer actually get together to listen to good music, PARTY, and pretty much live with each other for even a night, much less 3 or 4! like i said, i'd had good luck hanging out with other ms'ers and even had offers of a couch to sleep on, but even my expectations were completely blown out of the water! the others involved this weekend have gone into detail about what it was like. i'm not really that good expressing myself, but i feel very fortunate to have this music in my life, as well as MS! this weekend was a none to subtle reminder of that.
    i really don't know what else to say about this music and mercury server, it's just a feeling!!!
    Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• raver_mania
      Watch out....I'm trying to sense here
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
      NICE Emilie, loving the pictures you just added.... I just dont know what the fuck is Alvaro doing in this one

http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...&pictureid=763

Comment

• raver_mania
        Watch out....I'm trying to sense here
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Steve Graham
        Holy SHIT! where do I even start?
        Since Jibs and I were the first ones there, well, actually, Alvaro was there on his own because someone decided he didnt the first plane he was meant to be on and hung about the airport a bit longer. But being able to experience each trip to the airport..

1st for Stefan
        2nd for Ze German, AKA Dr Weeds, AKA Tom
        3rd for Kamal, Krish and Tim

That whole first day was an emotional roller coaster, in a good way.. by the way Kamal I'm of to a chiropractor between the hug at the airport and back patting at 126 bpm at the after party, I need an adjustment, lol

after that the next 24 hours people still kept showing up.. Adam, Ryan, Todd, Jamie and Clint

First off.. saying it was great meeting all of you for the first time jsut doesnt do it justice.. To have so many different personalities and cultural backgrounds basically come together and party for about 4 days straight and have ZERO tension.. well, it is immense and a tremendous example of how music can bring people together. I havent laughed so hard for that long in ages, some of the little conversations, tail ends of conversations and imagery (Stevie Wonder on the porch) is going to keep me smiling for a long time.

Thursday night at Miss Emilies aka The Fixer (what a fuckin trooper, you are an angel) was a great time for us to just hang out drink and get to know each other before the mayhem truly began, although, it really already had. THANK YOU so much for your dirty rice and hospitality! And talk about being on point, at the after party when i was spinning, EVERY time my beer was empty she appeared with a new one. Talk about keeping on top of stuff, even with breathing walls and moving floors, lmao!

Trying to break down Friday, Saturday and Sunday.. it was bascially like one day to me.. I have to thank Tim for sorting out the rooms on the beach for us, that was such a great idea, and much appreciated.. even though it took about 2 hours of back and forth negotiations at Flounders to get on the same page, all with points and counter points. Even 5 or 6 beers deep we were having a very intelligent debate, lol.. just ask our server, she was a darlin for putting with our musical chairs.

When we got to the venue, I felt so relaxed, such a nice laid back spot, and being on a rooftop with tikki huts and high rise hotels in the back drop was really cool.
        The first two djs I thought did a nice job setting the table. The first kid, who owned the sound, and my god that system thumped, played some nice beats getting people in the mood to dance, the second dj set me up very nicely, building a nice pace for me and jibby to follow, and pretty much left it open to any direction we wanted to go.. and people wanted it thumping, funky and nasty. Very nice to play for people that "get it" and arn't barking for "Miami House" and break beats or girly techno, lol.. What a feeling that was to be up there and look out and see so many of my [ms] bretheren smiling, pumping fists and dancing, of course along with my new FSM family, and the girl in the white skirt OMG!

After we woke up Kamal, picked him up off the curb and made it to the AfterParty, time seemed to stand still... The effort the P-Cola crew put into setting up this weekend left me speechless, not one detail was missed. From the dj booth, to the fun room with the inflatable couch, to blacking out the windows, etc.. These people are Pros!
        Finally getting to hear Hafid lay down some beats live was brilliant.. It was so nice ot finally meet you mate, thanks for the Moroccon burgers! un believably good!
        Jibby laid it down seriously at that house.. my god, some of the basslines ripping through that place were disgusting (in a good way) I dont know how many times i was melting in to the chair by the speaker, and i would look over at Stefan and say WTF!!!

After chillin at the house for a few hours, went back to the beach, driven by some kid trying to get us to invite him to the house party, lol.. got some good rest, and came back to relieve Jibby from his 12 hour marathon set.. I wont divulge too much, but walking back into the house about 10 hours later

I got back on and played for about 6 hours, and had such a great time moving thru house, techno, progressive.. and yes, lol.. even played the same song twice.. but its a really good one! lmao (the good thing about cdj200, they pick up there you left off if the cd ejects.. this is also a bad thing if you want to play a song off the same cd and put it back in after you eject it and dont pay attention, lol).. ok, ok, its my fault not the gear

Seeing the look on Kamals face when dropped Lucky South and then Dousk - Hammer.. That about made my weekend, bouncing around dancing pumping his fist.. its why we do this shit.. and the playing stuff like my release and driving to heaven and looking over and seeing Todd and Hafid give "the nod".. fuckin priceless!

Sunday was about the best wind down day you could ask for.. nice, chill, rainy, smooth beats.. AMAZING food.. 4 hour smoked ribs, chicken, brats, the Moroccan burgers I mentioned.. and the Cookies!!! "chocolate chip". lets just say, I couldnt feel anything from the waist down for about an hour. The truffles were amazing too, thanks Mindy for hooking those up!!!

I know this may seem all over the place, but its how the thoughts are piling out of my head at the moment.. I cant help but smile while typing, there is so much more that will come out over the next week or so.

Eddie, hopefully we can hear you mc some time, great meeting you mate, love your energy.. everyone up there (just about) has the amazing positive energy

Megan, will deffo check out your mixes, maybe next time you can get on the decks

looking back at all thse pics, there are so many i want to comment on, but maybe another day, im knackered and hungry.

Adam, always a pleasure to hang out with you, hopefully we'll see you at wmc next year

All the rest I met for the first time.. Kamal, Tom, Krish, Tim, Jamie, Clint, Todd, Ryan, Stefan, Alvaro (my roommate, lol), until next time fellas.. was a pleasure to hang out with you and an honour to drop some beats for you.. now we can all say we are truly friends/brothers, not that there was any doubt, but you know what I mean

I hear there are some vids floating around too! look forward to see that

still pissed off about the recordings being fucked

one word to describe this experience

PRICELESS

AWWWW damn!! I got goosebumps reading this too! And my hair started standing on end!!

Comment

• chanty
          John, John, where art thou!
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TomTom
          Same to you Steve, also LOVE what you have written and think the same way. As for intimate but scary moments (Adam in nothing but a towel ) I took care Kamal had a scary moment as well. LMAO. I dunno why because I can't remember what I dreamt but on the first night I obviously had a nightmare and screamed loud before I woke up. Maybe it was the lack of sleep and jet lag, the tension and the unkown surrounding or the booze or everything together..I only know that the last time this happened was looong ago. Kamal was scared to the bones that poor guy. Sorry again for a rude wake up mate.
          I'm sorry but that makes me
          Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• Dzone
            Platinum Poster
            • Jul 2004

Nice picx...seems like you lot had good times..nice

I will see what i can do about WMC09
            ^^What dosen't Kill you make you stronger ^^

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

God Emilie I totally dig some of the pictures you've put up.....

www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
              Originally posted by ace_dl
              Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Steve Graham
                DJ Jelly
                • Jun 2004

This trip definitely has been well documented

Comment

• Mad'Em Fixer
                  Addiction started
                  • Aug 2008

Kamal, I am definately disappointed that I cannot find the picture of you and Alvaro holding hands on the sofa!!!!
                  UFUCKINGCUNTCHA!!!!R.I.P. Jib!

Comment

• Steve Graham
                    DJ Jelly
                    • Jun 2004

^^^ someone has to have that!!!

So glad the Virgin Mary was present too.. on our way up I asked jibby about that and he said he thought she was no longer there, then on Thursday night when we went to check out the place she was there in the dj booth!

Comment

• Kamal
                      Administrator
                      • May 2002

Originally posted by Pensacola Emilie
                      Kamal, I am definately disappointed that I cannot find the picture of you and Alvaro holding hands on the sofa!!!!
                      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

^^^
                        Originally posted by TheVrk
                        it IS incredible isn't it??
                        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Kamal
                          Administrator
                          • May 2002

Originally posted by chanty
                          I'm sorry but that makes me
                          you have NO idea what that did to me..... we make it back to the hotel at like 4:00-ish I think. Tired as fuck and this fucking hotel didnt even leave the air conditioning running in the rooms. So we walk in, and its like "welcome to ms bakery".

We crash (or at least tried to), the curtains are 2 inches thick and forget the light, there's no effin SOUND passing through into the room from the outside. Its literally "pin drop" silence. I "thought" I was asleep and all of a sudden I hear AAAAAHHHHHHHH.... "Sheisse Sheisse Sheisse" .... I swear to GOD I thought the bed started swallowing him with pointy teeth. With no way of even seeing what was going on and having no clue where the damn light switches were, my first instinct was to run for the door and open it to let some parking lot light into the room.

As soon as I did and look to my right towards Tom, he's standing 4 inches away from me slouched over. I think my heart like took a peek out of my ass at that point. I got a hold of his hands and held him firmly and wow you guys shoulda seen his eyes.... I mean he was asleep with open eyes, pupils dilated like black holes. No sooner did I scream his name, his pupils narrowed and he awoke, that was friggin spooky.

And he stands up straight and starts talking in this thick Germanglish "what thaa fuck I dont think this happened in the last 14 years".... lucky me.
                          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• chanty
                            John, John, where art thou!
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
                            you have NO idea what that did to me..... we make it back to the hotel at like 4:00-ish I think. Tired as fuck and this fucking hotel didnt even leave the air conditioning running in the rooms. So we walk in, and its like "welcome to ms bakery".

We crash (or at least tried to), the curtains are 2 inches thick and forget the light, there's no effin SOUND passing through into the room from the outside. Its literally "pin drop" silence. I "thought" I was asleep and all of a sudden I hear AAAAAHHHHHHHH.... "Sheisse Sheisse Sheisse" .... I swear to GOD I thought the bed started swallowing him with pointy teeth. With no way of even seeing what was going on and having no clue where the damn light switches were, my first instinct was to run for the door and open it to let some parking lot light into the room.

As soon as I did and look to my right towards Tom, he's standing 4 inches away from me slouched over. I think my heart like took a peek out of my ass at that point. I got a hold of his hands and held him firmly and wow you guys shoulda seen his eyes.... I mean he was asleep with open eyes, pupils dilated like black holes. No sooner did I scream his name, his pupils narrowed and he awoke, that was friggin spooky.

And he stands up straight and starts talking in this thick Germanglish "what thaa fuck I dont think this happened in the last 14 years".... lucky me.

Thanks for the laugh Kamal! My eyes are really watering.
                            Maybe it's not such a funny situation in the moment and I hope I'm not offending you or Tom....but that shit's funny!
                            Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• Steve Graham
                              DJ Jelly
                              • Jun 2004

^^^ it was hilarious seeing them explain it the next day..

truth be told, switching hotels had nothing to do with cost, AC or location, it was because Tom thought the one we were in was haunted

Comment

• Kamal
                                Administrator
                                • May 2002

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                                truth be told, switching hotels had nothing to do with cost, AC or location, it was because Tom thought the one we were in was haunted
                                coffee and keyboard unite
                                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

Working...