X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poults
    Platinum Poster
    • Nov 2006

Weddings.

Im best man at a wedding this Saturday and am currently writing the speech. Its a lot harder than i thought!
    Anyone else done this before?
    Originally posted by Hoff

ejejejejejejejejeje!!!!! you always delivering some good dogs shits !!! thankyou
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: Weddings.

keep it short. don't try to be witty or clever or whatever. honor your friend.
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• poults
      Platinum Poster
      • Nov 2006

Yeah thats what im tyring to do, got some jokes in there and praising him up a bit. I dont want it to seem so short that i havent made any effort though.

ejejejejejejejejeje!!!!! you always delivering some good dogs shits !!! thankyou

Comment

• thesightless
        Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
        • Jun 2004

hey ______, remember that time with me, you, and the donkey.... wait, ill leave that one out.
        your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
        download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• 88Mariner
          My dick is smaller
          • Nov 2006

no, i'm saying don't use jokes. don't try to be funny. it comes off as cheap. it might make you feel good that you can make someone laugh, but it's a toast, not a roast, m8.
          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• lilsensa
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

This is what you say.

"True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend..."

In all seriousness though, keep it short, keep it simple. You are not giving a speech, you are honoring the bride and groom. It is a time to show respect and wish them luck. Also, a nice thing to do is to thank all of the guests, on behalf of the bride and groom, for coming to the wedding. Some of them might have traveled very far to be there.

It can be a very nervous moment for you. I would make sure that you at least have one drink before the speech.. But, ONLY one drink. This will help with the nervousness.
            RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• thesightless
              Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
              • Jun 2004

one thing

MAKE SURE YOU THANK THIER PARENTS FOR RAISING SUCH WONDERFUL, KINDHEARTED PEOPLE. DONT FORGET THE PARENTS, AND IF THE GROOM IS YOUR BUDDY, YOU HAVE TO MENTION THE BRIDE'S PARENTS AND FAMILY.
              your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
              download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• poults
                Platinum Poster
                • Nov 2006

A drink is definetly goin to be needed to calm the nerves i think. There will be about 100 people at the reception but i know the majority so that makes it a bit better fo me than it being all strangers.

Comment

• unkownartist
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by poults
                  Im best man at a wedding this Saturday and am currently writing the speech. Its a lot harder than i thought!
                  Anyone else done this before?

yea and u think its hard writing the speach...wait untill u get up and have to say it

i wrote a speach that took me a while, had it all planned, then put it nicely folded away in my pocket on the day of the wedding..... it was my cousins wedding and he said something before me and as i stood up to take it out my pocket i just froze lmao talked for about 30 seconds, made my excuses and sat down rather quickly

if it had been just my family it would of been fine but i didnt know how the other family would react to my sense of humour so i completely froze, slagged my cousing for a little while and sat down after what must of been at most a minute

NEVER AGAIN

Comment

• lilsensa
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

I made my speech up as I did it. Turned out to be the nicest speech most of the guest's have ever heard....So they say...
                    RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• 88Mariner
                      My dick is smaller
                      • Nov 2006

^ same here, suprisingly.

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Jenks
                        I'm kind of a big deal.
                        • Jun 2004

^+2

don't write a speech. if you're his best man, he's your friend, as already said, honor him, shouldn't be that difficult. the guys that get up there with written speeches and try to be funny end up looking like massive douches, every time. i've been to numerous weddings where the audience is sitting there cringing at the best man's speech. save your comedy routine for open mic night at the pump and dump.

Comment

• BureOne
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

My brother was my best man and he didnt prepare or write a speech.
                          It was a "freestyle" speech and it came out really great. Short, simple and from the heart.

Comment

• nsite
                            Addiction started
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
                            ^+2

don't write a speech. if you're his best man, he's your friend, as already said, honor him, shouldn't be that difficult. the guys that get up there with written speeches and try to be funny end up looking like massive douches, every time. i've been to numerous weddings where the audience is sitting there cringing at the best man's speech. save your comedy routine for open mic night at the pump and dump.
                            EXACTLY. make few key notes if necessary on a small card in order. but i would just wing it. if you're nervous, go over your key points and story over & over in your head the week before. take some time the day of (before you start to drink - and DONT DRINK TOO MUCH) and collect yourself to go over it again. take some time during dinner to collect yourself again and you'll be fine. come from your heart and it'll take care of itself.

just gave a speech at our engagement party and went from the heart. just thank'd everyone from the heart and it slayed.

cant fake true emotion
                            ...I love you when you're not masterminding my downfall

Comment

• rainman
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Dec 2005

you should ask beanie boy for help.

Comment

Working...