X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheMightyGreg
    Editor Shmeditor
    • Nov 2006

Let the Chaos (Re-)Commence

Ibiza club DC-10 has announced that it will re-open tonight (August 15th) after being closed down by the island's authorities for much of the summer.

The first of the Circo Loco parties will take this coming Monday (August 19th, kicking off at a slightly later time of 4.30pm.

Ressies Luciano and Tania Vulcano will be joined on the decks by Andrew Grant, Clive Henry, Pedro, Rhadoo, Dan Ghenacia, Jose De Divina, Fabrizio, Reno and Cirillo.

Let the mayhem begin. Again.
    About time too...all the lunatics were spreading out over the rest of the island.

Anyone been/planing on going this summer?
    Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7
  • Shiva
    MCast Mistress
    • Nov 2007

Re: Let the Chaos (Re-)Commence

^ yep, I heard the authorities had shutdown many afterhours clubs there coz things were getting really ... Is it picking up again?

Comment

• TheMightyGreg
      Editor Shmeditor
      • Nov 2006

They shut down DC10 and Amnesia cos because they still had bans to serve for drug-related offences from last year. I think the ban on daytime parties is across the entire island; no 'official' opening between 6am and 4pm, which used to be DC10's peak hours.

Booooo
      Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7

Comment

• simonr
        Transitionator
        • Jun 2004

DC10 was closed last week when I was there - the authorities have it in for the smaller places like DC10 and Bora Bora.

The new closing times suck as things still strat late over there, so you lose an hours peak time from sets.

They've even been messing with the hippies and banned their drumming at Beniras - while that's not my scene (I prefer soap and a shower !) it still hits at the spirit and heart of the island.

Plus the Police are now pulling over drivers and searching/breathlysing around the clock (with a 1 x beer limit).

If they carry on like this they'll lose 50% of their tourism and find it hard to get people back (esp. given the €17 cost of a jack'n'coke in clubs).
        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

Working...