X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shiva
    MCast Mistress
    • Nov 2007

Party Report: [Lebanon Vs Europe] Shiva w/ A. Pappa

Well, I just got back from the concert, and I feel like sharing some stuff with you guys:

First, I got there early to make a sound check and get ready for the gig. The plan was to play opening (2hrs) set AND closing (1hr) set. But unfortunately, Tall Paul "missed" his flight to Beirut , which changed all the schedules of the lineup...

Due to the incident with Tall Paul, the promoters were able to fix it with Pappa to play longer than initially agreed upon, so he played 4 hours of pure dark techno and it was really amazing...
    But what I liked the most about him is that he is so sweet and such a gentleman. It was my pleasure to meet him.

As for me I had to play a 3hrs opening set, which btw got recorded and will be uploaded on my next show on MCast and I didn't play the closing set for that event as previously thought.

Here is an insight with some pix and videos:

(During sound check)
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-rD38UU7DM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDHkHCdClWY[/youtube]

Backstage:

With Gio, my hubby

With A. Pappa

With Jade (Lineup Dj & Friend)

Now I have to go get some rest coz in a few hours I have another gig.....will try to post something for that as well....
    Last edited by Shiva; August 17, 2008, 02:15:11 PM.

• spyros
    Gold Gabber
    • May 2007

Re: Party Report: [Lebanon Vs Europe] Shiva w/ A. Pappa

very cool pics shiva!!! it looks like it was a great party!!!
    Greeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks

"Winston Churchill"

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Wow, Looks like a great night. It isn't hard to persuade Pappa to keep playing !! He loves it !! His Darkbeat set here I think was 5 hours and I don't think he so much as missed a beat!!

Really looking forward to hearing your set!!

Btw Cute Hubby
      Last edited by DIDI; August 17, 2008, 07:46:05 AM.
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Oct 2005

Nice one Shiva. Thanks fr sharing the pic's. Now hurry up with the music

Comment

• tiddles
          Encryption, Jr.
          • Jun 2004

so who won? lebanon or europe?

i guess everyone won if tall paul didn't show

Comment

• ace_dl
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Hey Shiva thanks for the pics and the videos ... I guess we are all looking forward for your 3hour set! You look really pretty on those pics
            Speakman Sound - Hold the Line

Comment

• poults
              Platinum Poster
              • Nov 2006

Looks like a great night with a good crowd aswell.
              Originally posted by Hoff

ejejejejejejejejeje!!!!! you always delivering some good dogs shits !!! thankyou

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by tiddles
                so who won? lebanon or europe?

i guess everyone won if tall paul didn't show
                Originally posted by TheVrk
                it IS incredible isn't it??
                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• unkownartist
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Shiva
                  Well, I just got back from the concert, and I feel like sharing some stuff with you guys:

First, I got there early to make a sound check and get ready for the gig. The plan was to play opening (2hrs) set AND closing (1hr) set. But unfortunately, Tall Paul "missed" his flight to Beirut , which changed all the schedules of the lineup...

Due to the incident with Tall Paul, the promoters were able to fix it with Pappa to play longer than initially agreed upon, so he played 4 hours of pure dark techno and it was really amazing...
                  But what I liked the most about him is that he is so sweet and such a gentleman. It was my pleasure to meet him.

As for me I had to play a 3hrs opening set, which btw got recorded and will be uploaded on my next show on MCast and I didn't play the closing set for that event as previously thought.

Here is an insight with some pix and videos:

(During sound check)
                  [youtube]g-rD38UU7DM[/youtube]

[youtube]cDHkHCdClWY[/youtube]

Backstage:

With Gio, my hubby

With A. Pappa

With Jade (Lineup Dj & Friend)

Now I have to go get some rest coz in a few hours I have another gig.....will try to post something for that as well....
                  normally i would do the "pics or stfu" thing but i dont think its appropriate soooo

so he played 4 hours of pure dark techno and it was really amazing...
                  RECORDING OR STFU

Comment

• Shiva
                    MCast Mistress
                    • Nov 2007

Just got a message on my cell that the other Trance concert I had today has been canceled coz they were very few people who attended...

Anyway, here is another video of Pappa...(I like the track he is playing)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r25t09xiFdE[/youtube]

Comment

• chuckc
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

those videos/photos were great. looks like everything went perfect. really really cant wait to hear the live set. i can never get enough of your music.

Comment

• Shiva
                        MCast Mistress
                        • Nov 2007

^ Tnx chuck... Yesterday Pappa's music gave me a real thought about moving into techno....i'm REALLY tempted....:P

Comment

• chuckc
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Shiva
                          ^ Tnx chuck... Yesterday Pappa's music gave me a real thought about moving into techno....i'm REALLY tempted....:P
                          wow no way. i hope we dont lose one of the best dark prog djs out there. the djs that play this style is so thin as is.....

.....but i can see how pappa's music can inspire. his mixing and technical skills are at the highest level. he never does get the credit he deserves...very underated. he has got some sick percussion ability as well.

Comment

• Shiva
                            MCast Mistress
                            • Nov 2007

^ 100%, he is amazing as a dj... Respect to Pappa of course. I think he tops all the djs I had the occasion to play with, he was doing some live percussions on the cue button which left me with a wOw face for a while...lol

Originally posted by chuckc
                            wow no way. i hope we dont lose one of the best dark prog djs out there. the djs that play this style is so thin as is.....
                            Nooooo.... I won't stop playing proggy. But as music evolves I feel there is something more nasty for me out there to play. I feel the need of playing nastier beats with less feelings, the raw slashing killing beats to play at peak hours...i'm giving it a serious thought.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                              I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                              • Mar 2008

Well, I'm sure pissT I live half way around the world, cuz that event down right looked like a neatherworldly time of fun! The pool shot is real cool. Nice tat as well Shiva, is that a spider?

In regards to the techno comment: Every DJ and thier mom seems to think they can play tech-house and techno mnml proper today, it really annoys alot of people too. I'm sure Pappa did a nice job though with it, but I'm curious, did he sneak in any of his older progstormer gems atleast ? Big salute to you S. for sticking to yur progg gunz, and augmenting it with other elements that make this shit unstoppable. tech, GOA! lol werd.
                              (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

Working...