X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FM
    Wooooooo!
    • Jun 2004

Junior Vasquez Interview

Good stuff, whether you like him or not...

PART 2:

PART 3:

PART 4:
    FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
    Facebook!
    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.
  • Adzey
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Mar 2008

Re: Junior Vasquez Interview

yup i like him, good funky house dj

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• AntonyM
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

Not bad at all, true godfather of house.
      Originally posted by Shpira
      So came back last night...
      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
      Originally posted by Illuminate
      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

why is this guy special now? because larry levan thought he could mix records?
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• FM
          Wooooooo!
          • Jun 2004

not just mix records (which anyone really can do nowadays if you think about it), but take it to that next level that only few can do..especially in those times. At least that's how Larry felt at the end of his DJ'ing/life...

Many of the greats now that we know of were struggling 20-25 years ago, making tapes, hammering them on the streets, trying to get recognized, etc. etc.

It'd be like say nowadays, a Sasha/Digweed passing on the torch....or for that matter Tiesto...
          FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
          "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
          Facebook!
          A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• rubyraks
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

For all the clubbing that I've done in my life, it was Junior at the Sound Factory (the old one that reopened as Twilo) that pushed me over the edge. Before Junior, it all was just going to a club for me. After Junior, it became about the music, the community, the DJ, the atmosphere, the race against the day and sleep and then some...

He had me so wrapped up at a certain point that I'd go every single weekend (which continued for the earlier part of his Twilo run as well). During the Sound Factory days, his crowd was a complete mix of people from all walks of life, color, race, sexuality and religion made no difference...though we all took to the religion/spirituality of the dancefloor

Unfortunately, starting in the middle of his Twilo run, his crowd became noticably more gay and less tolerant of straights than they once had been and unfortunately I've rarely been back since. Hell, for a time, the doormen wouldn't even let you in if you were straight

But if you thought S&D threw down some crazy marathon sets at Twilo, you couldn't imagine what Junior was doing to that place for many many years before that. Long live the original diva of NYC House!
            "Work like you don't need the money.
            Love like you've never been hurt.
            Dance like nobody's watching.
            Sing like nobody's listening.
            Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• thesightless
              Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
              • Jun 2004

folks, there aint no twilo with out him, and frankly, i doubt NYC would have seen the infllux of european DJ's if he wasnt playing here monthly back in the day.
              your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
              download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• rubyraks
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
                ...if he wasnt playing here monthly back in the day.
                Correction, weekly and sometimes twice in a weekend (or nonstop)
                "Work like you don't need the money.
                Love like you've never been hurt.
                Dance like nobody's watching.
                Sing like nobody's listening.
                Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

Working...