X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raoul
    Getting warmed up
    • Apr 2008

ibiza

I'm planning my first trip to the island for next year, I've to do it with a lot of anticipation because of work. Which month is the best June, July or August?
    filthy boy
  • raver_mania
    Watch out....I'm trying to sense here
    • Aug 2004

Re: ibiza

Originally posted by raoul
    I'm planning my first trip to the island for next year, I've to do it with a lot of anticipation because of work. Which month is the best June, July or August?
    Go to the closing parties - they're crazy!! I was there in sept 2000 for the closing...f'in fantastic!!!

there are ibiza websites out there which should have the schedule.

If you cannot make the closing parties, shoot for the opening parties.

Comment

• nsite
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

closing parties in sept.
      ...I love you when you're not masterminding my downfall

Comment

• jeffrey collins
        Not cool enough
        • Jun 2004

yeah i'd rather go to the closing parties than the opening ones. But even more than that I would just love to go and see some great shows.
        Jeffrey Collins: Painter
        My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
        My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• phazon
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

Totally agree, September for the closing parties is the time to go. Do NOT go in August - the island is absolutely heaving because it's the school holidays, you will have families and teenagers everywhere.

If you can't do September then the opening parties in June are probably next best.
          ----------------------------

Comment

• TheMightyGreg
            Editor Shmeditor
            • Nov 2006

Go in July...the opening parties and the closing parties can both be a bit dead imo...August is a fucking nightmare as it's so busy. July is busy but not ridiculously so, and the vibe is great as everyone's got into the swing of things by then without being too burnt out from weeks without sleep.

Any idea where you're planning on staying/dancing?
            Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7

Comment

• hypoluxxa
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Don't go in the middle of August! Very crowded, very hot and it's still high season. Go too early in June and the island won't really be in full swing. I personally like September, BUT some of the nights are done for the season. Look at the Ibiza spotlight calendar for this year, and figure out what looks the most appealing to you as far as talent. NO guarantee the talent will be there at the same venue, but you'll get a better idea of what goes on. PM if you like. ALSO Si has been there many times.

Comment

• raoul
                Getting warmed up
                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by TheMightyGreg
                Go in July...the opening parties and the closing parties can both be a bit dead imo...August is a fucking nightmare as it's so busy. July is busy but not ridiculously so, and the vibe is great as everyone's got into the swing of things by then without being too burnt out from weeks without sleep.

Any idea where you're planning on staying/dancing?
                Not yet but my best friend lives in Barcelona, he was there twice this summer so he knows how to get around. Well amnesia and space are obvious choices...DC-10 also but we all know the situation right know.
                filthy boy

Comment

• GregWhelan
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

I am heading there in late September for some closing parties. Have done June, July and Sep in the past, and would definitely recommend Sep every time.

My friend just came back and said it was 65 euros to get into Pacha on a Thursday night. If that is the case, I won't be frequenting that club this year!

Comment

• chunky
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • Jan 2006

It was 55 euros to see Digweed at Amnesia
                    Originally posted by res0nat0r
                    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• raoul
                      Getting warmed up
                      • Apr 2008

yeah i know the prices are ridiculous...i think one drink is like 20 euros..
                      filthy boy

Comment

• chunky
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • Jan 2006

yeah i know the prices are ridiculous...i think one drink is like 20 euros..
                        Yeah Vodka & Red Bull in Space was 18 euros which works out £15. Bottled San Miguel 10 euros
                        Originally posted by res0nat0r
                        OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• nsite
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

i liked going in sept because of the fact that the clubs wern't rammed. perfect amount of people by peak hour. just enough to feel like you're in the best place in the world (which you are) but not too many that its painful to get around.

weather was ace. all the parties were going big one last time. fuck i need to get back one more time.
                          ...I love you when you're not masterminding my downfall

Comment

• simonr
                            Transitionator
                            • Jun 2004

Best to avoid august ... but I'd recommend waiting to see who's playing and when. If you time things right you can catch all the top DJ's in a short period. Digweed with Carl Cox happens every year and is a top top night at Space, but the dates come out late.

June - in 2007 Jimmy van M, John Digweed and Hernan played for 8 x hours between them at Pacha ... this year Sasha was playing Amnesia. It's slightly cheaper and easier to get accomodation etc. Space opening early June always has a big bill.

July - JD usually plays with Carl, also Sasha was appearing @ Amnesia ... getting to peak season so its harder to get accomodation also prices start to rise.

August - peak season, peak prices so best to avoid unless there's a must see gig.

September - Sasha usually plays Space around the 1st Sunday (always a highlight, as he pulls his best out for this one, which coincides with his b-day) ... this year he's playing the terrace.

Check out www.ibiza-spotlight.com
                            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• phazon
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                              September - Sasha usually plays Space around the 1st Sunday (always a highlight, as he pulls his best out for this one, which coincides with his b-day) ... this year he's playing the terrace.
                              And mine and my mates birthdays - always an awesome weekend
                              ----------------------------

Comment

Working...