X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BureOne
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Trance Music

Im over trance. Its a thing of the past and I dont bother check anything trance related in the current "era".

I think what we called trance in the late 90's is and sounded different from what we call trance today. The old sounding trance that Oakenfold played was very very good imo.

I've gone through phases of genres in the edm world. Starting from house to techno, acid techno, trance, progressive, elecro/minimal back to house and deep house.

One thing is for sure (imo) and something that has stayed pretty consistent and that's the house sound. I try and listen to some prog and I find it a tad bit boring at times (maybe its the "current" prog sound; I dont know).

I see trance as just plain wack now. But thats the current stuff. My sound files in my head are corrupted and it does not allow me to withstand any of it.

UNLESS they are classics... Bonzai, Lost Language, Green Martian, Xtravaganza, Additive, ATCR, Hook Recordings, Flammable, Manifesto, Perfecto, Barracuda, Liquid Asset, Platipus, Kinetic, shiiiit those were some fucking great trancey labels and the artists that carried them was insane.

I think the same can be said of the early 2000 Progressive sound, the artists and its labels, I mean just check out the "They dont make them like they used to" mixes lol Yes self advertisement there; sorry...

I will never get tired of Gouryella Gouryella, LSG Shecan, Moogwai Viola or Jon Vesta Gull

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

Digweed played some trancey/balaeric tracks in the 3rd hour of his set at Pacha last year. To these ears, it was summer, he was enjoying himself in the booth and wanted to capture the moment/vibe by playing something different.

I reported Trance-weed at the time last year !

Report Renaissance @ Pacha Ibiza I'm still on a high after last night - what an amazing bill ... while the big festivals seem to draw a decent bill most clubs seem to just book one big DJ these days (I?m classing Sash and Digweed as a duo as they play b2b). So to have diggers and Hernan grace the worlds loveliest club, with

Sasha always threw in trance tracks when he was at his best - Space Terrace'04 he played Nikola Gala - Swing 2 Harmony .. but being Sasha he played at at completely the right time to make your jaw drop. One of those moments when the whole club stops in its tracks, a chill goes down the back of your neck, and clubbers just look at each other in amazement.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC8knAfSrxg[/youtube]

Sasha's taken the breakdowns out of his sets - maybe MAVEN doesn't offer that function, but back in the day ...
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• l33z3r
        Fresh Peossy
        • Jul 2008

I think its obvious that, if Digweed plays trance, its cool. Maybe because he doesn't overdo it. I agree that, at times his sets, and sasha's, to say the least, are quiet "trancey" and less "clicky".

I remember coming across some Sasha/Digweed sets from Costa Rica a while back and they were nothing but trance. As good as they make it sound, it was a bit surprising.

I agree that the binary finary days are over. Tiesto is a duchebag who jockies his success on the forefounders of what we know as good music today. Maybe, in the early days, I would have had respect for him, but, now that fame and success have got to him you can only snigger.

Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSej30d4rz8

What an ass!
        Time is the best teacher. The problem is that it kills all of its students.

Comment

• AntonyM
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2004

^^^ Dude just listen to Moonbeam, Jay Lumen and Dousk then close this thread, time to move on.
          Originally posted by Shpira
          So came back last night...
          Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
          Originally posted by Illuminate
          Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
          2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
          3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
          4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• DancingQueen
            AVB FanClub | President
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by l33z3r

What an ass!
            Maybe putting up a video for his Dance 4 Life tour is a bad example of calling him an ass, considering all the proceeds from this track, and these events went to the charity to help raise awareness for HIV and AIDS
            sigpic
            RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
            RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• AntonyM
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2004

Yeah, leave the Tiesto bashing to professionals, Where's Steve at?
              Originally posted by Shpira
              So came back last night...
              Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
              Originally posted by Illuminate
              Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
              2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
              3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
              4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Steve Graham
                DJ Jelly
                • Jun 2004

Steve who?

Comment

• buckman
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by l33z3r

What an ass!

Hey i'll admit.I thought the video was pretty cool.Thought the part with Blue Man Group was really good.
                  " Darkness Imprisioning Me
                  All That I See
                  Absolute Horror
                  I Cannot Live
                  I Cannot Die
                  Trapped In Myself
                  Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)

soulseek sn buckman28

Comment

Working...