• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • funky_monkey
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Digweed @ SW4 and Bedrock AfterParty

Ok,

So I had a bit of Digweed treat today, having seen The Man two times, doesn't happen very often . Diggers played decent set at SW4. It was short (70m roughly) and while first 30min were excellent, somehow the rest of the set didn't follow through. Or maybe it's just that Digweed's music doesn't really work outdoors imo, he needs a club to have a full effect. Anyway he opened with a cool remix of Reese & Santonio - "Rock to the Beat", played 3 or 4 tracks from last EM (Knights of Columbus/Voices amongst them), dropped another remix of the classic - this time Virtualismo - "Mismoplastico", and closed with a rework of Chemical Brothers "Hey boy, hey girl". Track of the set came in at about 35min mark - it had a haunting female vocal (Im 100% certain I heard it before but can't remember what it was) and super bad baseline, would love to id that one

Totally different style at Bedrock. Altrhough I missed 1st hour (gutted - thought Diggers would play closing set,while he played some 3h in the middle), I have to say that musically it was the best Digweed I heard in long, long time - tough as nails, great breakdowns, evil basslines and lush melodies - proper Bedrock sound and a bit like good old 2001/2002. John is defo in top form at the moment, go see him if you can, you gonna be amazed I personally can't wait for Bedrock birthday bash. Hopefully the soundsystem in Matter will be spot on (coz' today it sucked) and a lot of Bedrockers show up to give some decent support (wtf happened with all hardcore fans today - the crowd at bedrock was totally random )
    --The world is always three drinks behind--
  • Tortuga
    Addiction started
    • Feb 2006

Re: Digweed @ SW4 and Bedrock AfterParty

Kevin Saunderson - Rock To The Beat (Christian Smith And John Selway Remix) and the new soulwax mix of Chemical Brothers. I think the Mismoplastico mix was Serge Santiago too.

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

Re: Digweed @ SW4 and Bedrock AfterParty

Good to see he was on form at the after-party ... Roll on Bedrock10 !
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

Working...