X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shosh
    Banned
    • Jun 2004

WTC7 collapse caused by "new phenomenon"

I have checked out all the 9/11 conspiracy theories and watched their videos, etc and although i don't buy them, the collapse of building 7 has always been puzzling.

Now this came out yesterday (at least thats when I saw it on the news) and I still dont feel satisfied.

and then there's this...

According to a federal agency report released Thursday, a "new phenomenon" known as thermal expansion was directly responsible for the mysterious collapse of World Trade Center 7 on Sept. 11, 2001.

This study, posed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology -- a federal scientific agency which promotes technical industrial standards -- marks the first 'official' government theory on the collapse.

The building's demise occurred some seven hours after the twin towers collapsed on Sept. 11, 2001, and has been the source of numerous conspiracy theories key to the "9/11 Truth" movement, most of which argue that the symmetrical, seven-second collapse was brought about by a controlled demolition.

Dr. Shyam Sunder, director of Institute's building and fire research laboratory, oversaw the government's three-year research efforts. The report aims to disprove the controlled demolition argument.

However, Richard Gage, founder of Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth and a member of the American Institute of Architects, doesn't believe a word of the theory.

His group, which has swelled to over 400 architectural and engineering professionals, immediately responded to the Institute's claim in a press conference.

"Tons of [molten metal] was found 21 days after the attack," said Gage in an interview with a Vancouver, Canada television station. "Steel doesn't begin to melt until 2,700 degrees, which is much hotter than what these fires could have caused."

"There are holes in this story that you can drive a truck through," Gage added during the press conference. His group asserts that thermite, a steel cutting agent, was used to bring the building down.

Dr. Sunder disagreed.

"We conducted the study without bias, without interference from anyone," said Dr. Sunder. "We have only one single-minded goal in this effort."

While the Institute said it considered the possibility of a controlled demolition taking place at WTC 7, the notion was dismissed due to the absence of any recordings of an explosion sound.

Thermite, however, does not make an explosion sound. And while this was raised to Dr. Sunder in the media's Q&A session, he dismissed it as impossible.

"FEMA found it," said Gage. "Dr. Steven Jones found it, in the dust that landed in the entire area of lower Manhattan. And he finds it in the chunks of previously molten metal [from the towers]."

Specifically, in Appendix C of its World Trade Center Building Performance Study, FEMA claimed:
    Evidence of a severe high temperature corrosion attack on the steel, including oxidation and sulfidation with subsequent intergranular melting, was readily visible in the near-surface microstructure. A liquid eutectic mixture containing primarily iron, oxygen, and sulfur formed during this hot corrosion attack on the steel... The severe corrosion and subsequent erosion of Samples 1 and 2 are a very unusual event. No clear explanation for the source of the sulfur has been identified.
    Yet, no study of the mysterious sulfur or melted steel was included in the NIST report.

After New York City officials cut off the water main to the tower Sept. 11, 2001, the building's sprinkler system was unable to function, Dr. Sunder said. This allowed fires across 10 floors to burn uncontrolled for nearly seven hours.

The Institute asserts that due to the lack of water supply, an “extraordinary event” occurred, and for the first time ever, steel expanding due to heat from the flames caused columns to separate from structural concrete. Column 79 was the first to fail, according to the report, which brought about a quick succession of failures in adjoining columns.

"Thermal expansion of long-span floor systems" was a critical element in the collapse, said Dr. Sunder. The "kink" seen in the building's penthouse portion in video of the collapse was in-line with the columns which failed first.

"If water had been available, it is likely that sprinklers would have operated and the building may still be here today," he said.

"It looks like they want to wrap-up this investigation and blame [the collapse] on normal office fires," said Gage during counter-conference.

WTC 7's structural system is in "widespread use" in other buildings, he added, insisting that such effects may also be present elsewhere. The Institute's report also includes recommendations for the strengthening of building codes to avoid future thermal expansion-driven collapses.

The collapse of WTC 7 is "no longer a mystery," Dr. Sunder claimed.

The Institute's full report is available at wtc.nist.gov.

Further details from the Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth press conference are forthcoming.

• lilsensa
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: WTC7 collapse caused by "new phenomenon"

I'm having a hard time believing that our government didn't have something to do with all of it.
    RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• runningman
      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
      • Jun 2004

this is the second report that the government has released and it is still garbage.. it is really hard to think the government had nothing to do with this disaster. What is funny is that they had to come up with another story because the "fire" story didn't cut it..

There was bombs in the building everybody needs to accept it..

Comment

• Miroslav
        WHOA I can change this!1!
        • Apr 2006

oh good lord...not again, please
        mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• sammwalk
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

that's right bush built a time machine to go back and hes actually jesus man look it up...the governments everywhere man

Comment

• ddr
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

same thing happened with Roswell back in 1947 and beyond.

government gives story after story =\
            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Miroslav
              • Apr 2006

^^ Well, it's obvious that Bush talks to aliens on a regular basis. They advise him on his foreign policy. He also has the Tooth Fairy on speed dial. But the government is covering it up! Just like they did with World War II. And Bigfoot. And the Easter Bunny. Why are they always lying to us! WE CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH.

Comment

• runningman
                Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                • Jun 2004

I find this funny.. this happens all the time when facts are brought to the table and simple minded creatures call us tin hat wearing folk.. Hey if you want to live in your bubble go for it.. But bubbles burst.

Why is it that nobody ever wants to talk about "facts" when it comes to 9/11?? I used to be stupid like you miroslav but then I got into engineering and realized all the universal laws that apparently halted that day.. It fell at free fall speed!! I mean come on..You mean not even a little resistance from each floor?? Believe me in the world of science you are the minority.. Thousands of scientists want answers and they aren't getting them.

The only thing that is a guarantee about empires is that they fall.

Comment

• Miroslav
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by runningman
                  I used to be stupid like you miroslav
                  Ok then! At least we're clear that we're no longer going to even pretend to argue on a civil level, but will instead personally attack each other! This alone was a good demonstration of your intelligence. I will now follow your example and make sure to take the gloves... Thank you!

Originally posted by runningman
                  but then I got into engineering and realized all the universal laws that apparently halted that day..
                  Ok, engineer runningman... Look at you, you struggled your way through a few biased articles, and now you're an expert engineer. Well, since youre so fucking smart, why don't you just read through this whole report and write me up a thesis explaining the technical reasons why all of these expert engineers were wrong in their support of the WTC collapses as being caused by airplanes: http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...42.html?page=9

Look, I'm not going to pretend to be an engineer and get into some ridiculously technical arguments with you. My point is simply that for every "expert engineer" conspiracy theorist article you read, I could show you several to the contrary, also written by "expert engineers". In fact, I would confidently wager that most experts in the engineering and building collapse community do not support your conspiracy theories.

I don't know for a fact that the government caused 9-11, and I don't know for a fact that it didn't. But given such a lack of clear, data-driven expert consensus, I do know that most intelligent people would conclude that it is irrational to conclude that the 9-11 conspiracy theories are accurate at this point.

You, on the other hand, wholeheartedly swallow any crap that fits your well-documented across-the-board dislike for anything to do with America. And then you delude yourself into thinking that somehow makes you intelligent...

Which is ironic, because there is no one else on this forum who even comes close the volumes of poorly reasoned, illogical, irrational, downright incorrect, and just thoroughly laughable statements that you consistently make. I've never taken anything you've had to say seriously, but it has been fun to read it and then point out how way off the mark you are - again and again. Thank you for all the laughs!

So. You get the picture now? No? Didn't think so.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                    My dick is smaller
                    • Nov 2006

yeah. i eat up whatever the gubmint tells me. You say some new metalurgical properties appur'd for the first time that day? I'm convinced. Where do i sign up?
                    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• thesightless
                      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                      • Jun 2004

your moms are fat.

guys. stop arguing. buy this book

report from ground zero by dennis smith. fairly detailed interviews, without the nonsense. he interviews at one point.

1. the architects
                      2. the engineers and constructino firm supervisors
                      3. metallurgists
                      4. some of the workers
                      5. the fire dept
                      6. the fire inspectors who testified that they reccomended re-doing the fireproofing from the first attack.

and a lot more. it present a very clear, scientific understanding of what probably happened.

btw, can we stop bringin up 9/11. its 7 years later and still hurts when its brouight up. i was there, about 11 blocks away. re-living this shit every time someone comes up with a crackpot idea about how george bush adn dick cheney got a group of people together to kill 3000+ and try to kill more with the other two planes.
                      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• shosh
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2004

one of my friends' dad is the dean of the engineering school of a pretty big university and his area of expertise is civil engineering. he said and i believe even wrote some demonstrative papers that the main towers could have been brought down by planes, meaning if the planes hit them its physically and engineeringly possible thats what caused their faul.

he cannot pronounce himself however on tower 7, and that has always been my enigma. im not saying the govt is covering something bad up, im just not sure what happened there and we dont know the full story.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                          My dick is smaller
                          • Nov 2006

the problem wiht Tower 7 is that, if something fishy went on there, then it perhaps must force us to readdress what the hell was going on that day.
                          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• djsethnichols
                            Addiction started
                            • Jun 2004

More evidence points to conspiracy than not.
                            https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• runningman
                              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                              • Jun 2004

Look I apologize Mirolslav for saying your stupid... your not.. but I have nothing to gain from this other then ridicule.. I am not an engineer but have spoken with a lot of architects and engineers about 9/11 and things don't add up.. All I am saying is that something else happened that day and it sure as hell wasn't diesel fires in 7 that brought it down.. it didn't get hit by a plane and only hit with debris.. 7 has always been my problem believing any of Bush's stories.. Everything since he has taken office has been a lie..

Also on a side note to what you said about "dislike for America".. that is further from the truth then anything.. why would I put myself through this unless I truly loved your country.. my mother is from Michigan.. My whole family is from the USA.. But corrupt is corrupt and something very fishy happened that day and continues to happen with Bushwacka in office..

Comment

Working...