Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheMightyGreg
    Editor Shmeditor
    • Nov 2006

Re: I didn't think of this myself but...

Don't think they'd diminish, but they'd probably increase and they'd be able to up their fee by about 20%+ if they could say they were voted 'the best in the world'.
    Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7

Comment

• Homegrove
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

That stupid fucking poll might not mean much in Europe or North America but believe me outside of those regions promoters do pay a lot of attention to it.
      Forward thinking house music

Comment

• chanty
        John, John, where art thou!
        • Jun 2004

This is posted by Gregor (Barneyillfingas) on www.bringthebeats.com

"Believe it or not, it’s that time again. Many think the Top 100 poll is cheesy and rarely give it a second’s thought; but that is only at the expense of your favorite DJs and producers, so please take five minutes and VOTE!

Promoters use this poll when deciding on bookings and DJ rates, so whether you think the results are bunk or not, your VOTE matters, this poll matters."

If the poll matters or not, I still want to see my favs at the top, so I voted to do my part.
        Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• simonr
          Transitionator
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Steve Graham
          then who ever does needs to be fired for as many gigs he's late for or flights he "misses" lol
          Tell me about it !

I got fucked over in 2005 having booked flights/hotels etc:

Birthday boy Sasha taken off this Sunday's We Love line up

Published on Thu, 1 Sep 2005. By Team Spotlight.

It’s his party and he’ll cry off if he wants to.

Sasha’s reputation takes a further battering with his removal from the online up for this Sunday’s (September 4) We Love Space party. The roster for the Playa d'en Bossa club's flagship night though is bolstered by the addition of techno genius Jeff Mills drafted in for a "very special terraza house" set, Justin "super sub" Robertson in the discoteca and the ever-popular Milk + Sugar on the sunset terrace.

The ongoing chorus of disappointment in (real name) Alex Coe (below) is entirely understandable. One of the ‘90s breed of superstar djs, Sasha added much to the nights and days of millions globally. Much is expected of him.

His Fundacion concept has failed to ignite the imagination of the Ibiza masses in 2005. Cream’s competing Thursday nighter, replete with the kind of trance djs Sasha plays alongside in this new Millennium, stands strong at Amnesia
          Steve Lawler’s neighbouring Viva on the Space terraza has been judged guilty by association, but is redeemed in part by the abilities of the resident himself.

Numbers-wise though Viva has been hurt by the arrival of German giant Monza at Penelope on Thursdays, who have grabbed at least a thousand each week of the party sophisticates Lawler intended to attract.

Pacha’s line up and attendance has been solid for its Deep Dish-starring Yoshitoshi nights and musically forward-thinking Ministry of Sound operation, appearing on alternate weeks.

His Fundacion concept has failed to ignite the imagination of the Ibiza masses in 2005. Cream’s competing Thursday nighter, replete with the kind of trance djs Sasha plays alongside in this new Millennium, stands strong at Amnesia
          Steve Lawler’s neighbouring Viva on the Space terraza has been judged guilty by association, but is redeemed in part by the abilities of the resident himself.

Numbers-wise though Viva has been hurt by the arrival of German giant Monza at Penelope on Thursdays, who have grabbed at least a thousand each week of the party sophisticates Lawler intended to attract.

Pacha’s line up and attendance has been solid for its Deep Dish-starring Yoshitoshi nights and musically forward-thinking Ministry of Sound operation, appearing on alternate weeks.

However it’s not the first time his scheduled appearances have been cancelled. His most famous White Isle no-show was the We Love opening in 2003 due to his inability to arise in time to get his flight.

"Unfortunately the previous 2 night gigs really took it out of me (Sankeys finished at 6am, and Fabric at 8am)” was his response.

Long-serving Danny Rampling’s unprecedented decision to retire from the gig treadmill must have put the issue into the minds of his contemporaries.
          What might happen if Sasha falls off the bottom of Dj mag’s upcoming top 100 disc jockey poll?
          sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Steve Graham
            mentioning there is a poll and asking for votes on said poll are two different things. all i am saying is I dont think they really give a crap where they end up in some stupid popularity contest that some cheese tossing trance dj will most likely eventually "win". you think if they dont finish in the top 10 or whatever that their bookings will diminish?
            Their bookings might not, but what about their egos Think about it , if you had been in the top ten and your ratings took a nosedive, you would be less than human if you didn't care. The fact that he mentioned it means he cares, otherwise, why bother

Btw I don't think Digweed has a big ego, on the contrary.

Yeah, and I want to see my favs up near the top!! So I voted as well !
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...