X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spiritinthesky
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jul 2008

Which pop stars share your birthday

Have you ever done this? Go to http://www.thisdayinmusic.com and enter your day and month.

And it shows all the birthdays for that day. Here's mine for Jan 17th. Some good ones! (I left the bad ones out).

1948, Born on this day, Mick Taylor, guitar, John Mayalls Bluesbreakers, joined The Rolling Stones, in 1969 left in 1974. (1971 US No.1 & UK No.2 single 'Brown Sugar'). Also worked with Bob Dylan, Mike Oldfield, Jack Bruce and Ron Wood.

1955, Born on this day, Steve Earle, US singer, songwriter, (1988 UK No. 45 single ‘Copperhead Road’, Country and independent No.1 album ‘Trancendental Blues.’ Johnny Cash, Emmylou Harris, Gretchen Peters, Shawn Colvin and Eddi Reader have all covered his songs).

1956, Born on this day, Paul Young, singer, (1983 UK No.1 single 'Wherever I Lay My Hat, That's My Home', 1985 US No.1 single 'Everytime You Go Away'. The Streetband, (1978 UK No.18 single 'Toast.' Also lead singer with 1980's Q-Tips a soul covers band.

1959, Born on this day, Susanna Hoffs, guitar vocals, The Bangles, (1986 UK No.2 single with Prince song 'Manic Monday', 1986 US No.1 single 'Walk Like An Egyptian').

1963, Born on this day, Andy Rourke, bass, The Smiths, (1984 UK No.10 single 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now', plus 15 other UK Top 40 singles).
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Re: Which pop stars share your birthday

mine was lame

I used to have a massive crush on Susanna Hoffs though =)
    as I suppose a lot of boys did in the mid 80's

Comment

• lilsensa
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

^I'd like to "walk like an Egyptian with her"!
      RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• ganjamo
        Platinum Poster
        • Jan 2006

1965, Johnny Cash was arrested crossing the Mexican border into El Paso, Texas after customs officials found 100’s of pills in his guitar case. He received a suspended jail sentence and a $1,000 fine.

at least one drug related
        Dont panic, its organic.

Comment

• ddr
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

January 15th:

1965, Born on this day, Adam Jones, guitarist, Tool, (2001 US No.1 album 'Lateralus').

1969, Born on this day, Ice Cube, rapper, 1994 UK No.22 single Bop Gun, (1992, US No.1 US album 'The Predator'). NWA, (1990 UK No.26 single 'Express Yourself').

and that is about it...

also, Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday was January 15th
          "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• unkownartist
            Banned
            • Nov 2005

October 31st1937, Born on this day, Tom Paxton, folk singer, (1970 UK No.23 album, 'No.6).1947, Born on this day, Russ Ballard, guitar, vocals, Argent, (1972 UK No.5 single 'Hold Your Head Up').
            1952, Born on this day, Bernard Edwards, producer and member of Chic, (1978 UK No.7 single 'Le Freak'). Produced ABC, Power Station and Rod Stewart. Edwards died on 18th April 1996.
            1954, Vera Lynn was at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'My Son, My Son.' The singers only No.1 hit.1956, Born on this day, Tony Bowers, Alberto Y Los Trios Paranoias and then Simply Red, (1986 US No.1 & UK No.2 single 'Holding Back The Years').1959, The Quarry Men decided to change their name to Johnny and the Moondogs. The band were in Liverpool auditioning for the Carrol Levis show. The Quarry Men featured John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison.
            1961, Born on this day, Larry Mullen, drummer, U2, (1984 UK No.3 single 'Pride, In The Name Of Love' plus over 25 other UK Top singles, 1987 UK and worldwide No.1 album 'The Joshua Tree' spent 156 weeks on the UK chart. Scored five consecutive US No.1 albums from 1987.)
            1963, Born on this day, Johnny Marr, guitarist, songwriter, The Smiths, (1984 UK No.10 single 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now', plus 15 other UK Top 40 singles). Electronic, (1991 UK No.8 single 'Get The Message'). Modest Mouse, (2007 US No.1 album ‘We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank’). Also worked with The The, The Pretenders and Johnny Marr and the Healers.
            1963, Born on this day, Mikkey Dee, Motorhead, (1980 UK No.15 single 'Ace Of Spades').1963, Gerry And The Pacemakers were at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'You'll Never Walk Alone.' The group's third No.1.1963, The Beatles returned to London from Sweden and were greeted by hundreds of screaming fans and a mob of photographers and journalists. American television host Ed Sullivan was at Heathrow as The Beatles arrived, and was struck by the sight of Beatlemania in full swing; he decided to look into getting this group to appear on his US television program.
            1964, Born on this day, Colm O'Ciosoig, My Bloody Valentine, (1991 UK No.29 single 'To Here Knows When').1964, Barbra Streisand started a five-week run at Noi.1 on the US album chart with 'People'.1964, The Supremes started a four week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Baby Love', the group's second of five consecutive US No.1's. The group were formally known as the five piece group The Primettes.
            1965, Born on this day, Annabella Lwin, vocals, Bow Wow Wow, (1982 UK No.7 single 'Go Wild In The Country').
            1966, Born on this day, 1966, Ad- Rock, (Adam Horovitz), The Beastie Boys, (1987 US No.7 & UK No.11 single 'You Gotta Fight For Your Right To Party', 1987 US No.1 and UK No.7 album 'Licence To Ill', plus 3 other US No.1 albums).
            1967, Rolling Stone Brian Jones was released from Wormwood Scrubs prison on £750 bail pending appeal. Jones had been found guilty of possession of cannabis. Seven Stones fans were arrested and charged with obstructing the police after demonstrating outside the prison gates.
            1967, Iggy and the Stooges made their live debut when they played at a Halloween party in Michigan.1968, Born on this day, Alistair Mcerlaine, guitarist, Texas, (1997 UK No.3 single 'Say What You Want').
            1968, Born on this day, Al Mackenzie, D:Ream, (1994 UK No.1 single ‘Things Can Only Get Better’).1970, Born on this day, Malin Berggren, Ace Of Base, (1993 UK No.1 single 'All That She Wants', 1994 US No.1 single 'The Sign').1970, Michelle Gilliam from The Mamas and the Papas married actor Dennis Hopper, the marriage lasted eight days.1970, Led Zeppelin started a four week run at No.1 on the US album chart with 'Led Zeppelin III', the bands second US chart topper.
            1970, 'Motown Chartbusters Vol 4' went to No.1 on the UK album chart. The album featured tracks from The Jackson Five, Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell, The Four Tops, The Supremes, The Temptations and Smokey Robinson & The Miracles.
            1974, Led Zeppelin launched their record label 'Swan Song'. Named after an unreleased Zeppelin instrumental track.
            1978, Appearing at The Hope And Anchor in London, Joe Jackson.1980, appearing at London's Rainbow Theatre, Bow Wow Wow. The group had a backing singer by the name of Lieutenant Lush, a.k.a. Boy George.
            1980, Born on this day, Charles Moniz, Candian bassist in Avril Lavigne's band and the drummer for the band Grade.1981, The Human League went to No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Dare', their first No.1 LP.1981, Born on this day, Frank Anthony Iero, rhythm guitarist, My Chemical Romance, (2006 UK No.1 single ‘Welcome to the Black Parade’, 2006 US No.2 album ‘The Black Parade’).

1982, Born on this day, Monica and Gabriela Irimia, Cheeky Girls, Romanian duo, (2002 UK No.2 single 'Cheeky Song', Touch My Bum).1986, a new series of TV's Channel 4's 'The Tube', started with Jermaine Stewart, Troublefunk, Bob Geldof and Frankie Goes To Hollywood plus Spandau Ballet who played live in the studio at Newcastle upon Tyne.
            1986, Roger Waters went to the high court to try and stop Dave Gilmour and Nick Mason from using the name 'Pink Floyd', for future touring and recording.
            1987, Fleetwood Mac started a two week run at No.1 on the UK album chart with their third No.1 LP 'Tango In The Night.'1987, Forbes Magazine listed the Top 40 American entertainment earners from 86-87, 8th was Whitney Houston $44 million, 7th Madonna $47 million and third place Bruce Springsteen $56 million.
            1988, Appearing at The Hacienda, Manchester, England, Bomb The Bass.1989, The very first MTV unplugged show was recorded in New York, featuring UK band Squeeze, the program was aired on 26th Nov 1989.1990, UK DJ Roger Scott died of cancer. Scott was one of the most respected broadcasters in the UK, working on Capital Radio for 15 years and then Radio 1.1990, during a gig in Seattle, Washington, Billy Idol dumped 600 dead fish in Faith No More's dressing room. They responded by walking on stage, naked during Idol's set.1992, Boyz II Men were at No.1 in the UK with the single 'End Of The Road', taken from the film 'Boomerang'.1993, Red Hot Chili Peppers bass player Flea was at the scene of actor's River Phoenix fatal collapse in Los Angles.1996, Linkin Park’s Chester Bennington married his wife Samantha.1996, Slash announced he was no longer in Guns N' Roses. The guitarist said that Axl Rose and he had only been civil to each other on two occasions since 1994.
            1998, chart history was made when the UK Top 5 singles chart was made up entirely of new entries. Alanis Morissette went in at No.5, Culture Club at No.4, U2 at No.3, George Michael at No.2 and Cher with 'Believe' at No.1.
            1998, Cher started a seven week run at No.1 with her third UK No.1 single 'Believe', (the biggest seller of 199, also a No.1 in the US. It made Cher the first female artist to have a No.1 single over the age of 50.
            1999, a list of 'New Pop Fortunes' published in The Sunday Times, reported that The Corrs were worth £1.5 million each, Boyzone £3 million each, Jamiroquai £4 million, The Chemical Brothers £4 million each and Norman Cook £10 million.
            1999, EMI records announced that it was planning to stop paying for some of its artists to release singles. The label said that anyone who sold less than 80,000 copies would be discouraged from releasing a single.
            1999, Five scored their first UK No.1 single when 'Keep On Movin', went to the top of the charts.2000, winners at this years Q Awards included, David Gray, best single for 'Babylon', Oasis won best live act, Coldplay won best album for 'Parachutes', best act in the world went to Travis, Badly Drawn Boy won best new act and former Clash member Joe Strummer won the Q Inspiration award.
            2000, Britney Spears paid £6,000 to hire a private bar in Leipzig, Germany during a night off on her 'Oops...I did It Again Tour.' Britney who at 18 was banned from drinking in the US was reported to be knocking back vodka laced White Russians and Pina Coladas.
            2002, the mother of pop star Bjork ended a hunger strike she had staged to protest against plans for a by a US company to build a aluminum smelter and hydroelectric plant power plant in the Icelandic wilderness. Hildur Runa Hauksdottir began eating again after four week's of fasting.2003, The first UK Fame Academy winner, David Sneddon quit his career as a pop star to become a songwriter less than a year after winning the talent contest. Sneddon had scored two Top 10 singles since winning his £1m recording contract through the BBC TV show.2004, R Kelly was kicked off a tour with Jay-Z, a day after claiming he was attacked with pepper spray by a member of the rapper's entourage. Kelly alleged he had been sprayed by a member of Jay-Z's entourage during a performance in New York. But Jay-Z's publicist denied that the rapper or any of his associates were involved. Jay-Z and R Kelly were in the midst of the 40-city Best of Both World's tour, scheduled to run until 28 November.2004, Robbie Williams was at No.1 on the UK album chart with ‘Greatest Hits.’
            2004, Rod Stewart was at No.1 on the US album chart with ‘Stardust’ his third US No.1 album since 1971.
            2004, Ja Rule went to No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Wonderful.'2005, the white suit worn by John Lennon on the cover of the Beatles' Abbey Road album sold for $118,000 (£66,385) at an auction in Las Vegas. And an Austin Princess hearse driven by the late star in the documentary Imagine sold for $150,000 (£84,38. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the items went to Amnesty International.
            2007, 22-year-old X Factor winner Singer Leona Lewis helped boost UK online music downloads to a record 1.7 million in one week making it the biggest week ever for download sales. Lewis sold more than 106,000 downloads of her track ‘Bleeding Love.’

god why do people stick this shite on the internet lmao

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

christ, you were born on halloween too? lol.. perfect, lol

Comment

• rubyraks
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Just Tupac, who was even born the same year.
                "Work like you don't need the money.
                Love like you've never been hurt.
                Dance like nobody's watching.
                Sing like nobody's listening.
                Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• phuck'm-up
                  MCast Resident DJ
                  • Jan 2008

1935, Born on this day, Gene Vincent, (born Eugene Craddock), US rock ‘n’ roll singer with His Blue Caps who had a 1956 US No.7 & UK No.16 single with ‘Be Bop A Lula’. He died on October 12th 1971.

1939, Born on this day, Gerry Goffin, (songwriter of over 20 US hits with Carol King, including The Shirelles 'Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow', The Drifters 'Up On The Roof', The Chiffons, 'One Fine Day', Herman's Hermits, 'I'm Into Something Good').

1940, Born on this day, Bobby 'Boris' Pickett, (1962 US No.1 & 1973 UK No.3 single 'The Monster Mash').

, Born on this day, Sergio Mendes, Brazilian singer, (1983 US No.4 & UK No.45 single 'Never Got Let You Go').

1946, Born on this day, Ray Lake, The Real Thing, (1976 UK No.1 single 'You To Me Are Everything').

1950, Born on this day, Rochelle Fleming, singer, First Choice, (1973 UK No.9 single 'Smarty Pants).

1953, Born on this day, Alan Rubin, The Blues Brothers, (1990 UK No.12 single 'Everybody Needs Somebody To Love').

1953, Born on this day, Neil Henderson, Middle Of The Road, (1971 UK No.1 single 'Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep').

1964, The Beatles made their live concert debut in the US at the Washington Coliseum. Over 350 police surrounded the stage to keep the 8,000 plus screaming fans in control. One police officer who found the noise so loud, stuck a bullet in each ear as ear plugs. The Beatles had to stop three times and turn Ringo's drum kit around and re-position their microphones so that they faced a different part of the audience. The set list: ‘Roll Over Beethoven’, ‘From Me to You’, ‘I Saw Her Standing There’, ‘This Boy’, ‘All My Loving’, ‘I Wanna Be Your Man’, ‘Please Please Me’, ‘Till There Was You’, ‘She Loves You’, ‘I Want to Hold Your Hand’, ‘Twist and Shout’, and ‘Long Tall Sally’.

1969, Born on this day, Andrew Lovell, percussion, M People, (1993 UK No.2 single 'Moving On Up', plus over 15 other UK Top 40 singles).

1974, Born on this day, D'Angelo, (Michael Archer), 1996 UK No. 21 single 'Lady'.

, Born on this day, Mike Shinoda, guitar, vocals, Linkin Park, (2002 US No.2 & UK No.4 single 'In The End', 2002 US No.2 & 2001 UK No.4 album 'Hybrid Theory').

1979, Born on this day, Brandy, singer, (1998 US No.1 and UK No.2 single with Monica, 'The Boy Is Mine'). 1981, Born on this day, Kelly Rowland, Destiny's Child (2000 US No.1 & UK No.3 single 'Say My Name', 2001 US & UK No.1 single & album 'Survivor', solo 2003 UK No.2 single 'Stole', 2002 US & UK No.1 single with Nelly 'Dilemma').

1984, Born on this day, Aubrey O'Day, singer, Danity Kane, (formed on the MTV reality show Making the Band 3). 2006 US No.1 self-titled album

1984, Born on this day, Aubrey O'Day, singer, Danity Kane, (formed on the MTV reality show Making the Band 3). 2006 US No.1 self-titled album

This one is kind of funny...

1992, Motley Crue fired their singer Vince Neil when he turned up for rehearsals, claiming that he had lost his passion for the band and was now more involved with racing cars.

I think Red has got me beat..
                  https://soundcloud.com/bass00monkey/aquanaun_rebirth_club_controler_demo_a_real_dj_featuring_eddie_golds_fly_away_with_k_major

Comment

• Taylor Norris
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Oct 2005

A few of the interesting ones....

1949, Born on this day, Mark Knopfler guitar, vocals, Dire Straits, (1985 US No.1 single 'Money For Nothing', 1986 UK No.2 single 'Walk Of Life', 1985 world-wide No.1 album 'Brothers In Arms'), member of Notting Hillbillies.
                    1967, The Jimi Hendrix Experience appeared at The Ambassador Theatre, Washington D.C.

1968, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham played together for the first time when they rehearsed at a studio in Lisle Street in London’s West End. The first song they played was a version of ‘Train Kept A-Rollin.’

Comment

• pr0ficient
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Apr 2006

i share a birthday with jimmy buffet

i didn't know he was born on christmas

Comment

• megan love
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jan 2005

January 4th

, Billboard Magazine introduced the first ever-pop music chart that ranked records on national sales; big band violinist Joe Venuti was the first No.1.

1956, Born on this day, Bernard Sumner, guitar, vocals, Warsaw, Joy Division, (1980 UK No.13 single 'Love Will Tear Us Apart'), New Order, (1983 UK No.9 single 'Blue Monday'), Electronic, (1991 UK No.8 single 'Get The Message')

, Born on this day, Michael Stipe, vocals, R.E.M. (1991 UK No.6 & US No.10 single 'Shiny Happy People' plus over 20 Top 40 UK singles. 1992 UK No.1 & US No.2 album 'Automatic For The People').

1965, Born on this day, Beth Gibbons, vocals, Portishead, (1995 UK No.13 single 'Glory Box').

1967, The Jimi Hendrix Experience played the first of what would be over 240 gigs in this year when they appeared at the Bromel Club, Bromley. (Many of the concerts were two shows per night).

, chauffeur Neil Boland was accidentally killed when The Who's drummer Keith Moon ran over him. Moon was trying to escape from a Gang of skinheads after a fight broke out at a pub in Hatfield, England. Moon had never passed his driving test.

, The Sex Pistols shocked passengers and airline staff at Heathrow Airport when they spat and vomited boarding a plane to Amsterdam.

Comment

• unkownartist
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                          christ, you were born on halloween too? lol.. perfect, lol

lmao, was wondering when someone would notice that

Comment

• JonQPublik
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Apr 2006

06/24

Jeff Beck, Mick Fleetwood, Curt Smith (Tears for Fears)

jqp
                            http://soundcloud.com/jonqpublik/sets/love-and-other-stories

Comment

• day_for_night
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jun 2004

OH NO!

born on this day August 30th

PAUL OAKENFOLD

ahhhhhhh!!!

Comment

Working...