X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DancingQueen
    AVB FanClub | President
    • Oct 2005

Resale Value...

What could someone expect to get these days for a mint condition pair of Technic SL-1200MK2 turntables with brand new needles?

Looking on ebay doesn't look all that promising....but again those are starting bids...any thoughts?
    sigpic
    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
  • unkownartist
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Resale Value...

i,ll give u 10 cents and a mouldy sock

i,ll go try to see what i can dig up

Comment

• lilsensa
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

I've seen some 1200's going for around $350 and up....Needles? What kind? Ortofons in perfect condish can go for about $90-$130 depending on model...
      RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

for a pair with brand new needles you should be able to get at least $700.00.. I'm assuming the decks are in good condition

Comment

• FM
          Wooooooo!
          • Jun 2004

700 tops sounds about right...usually any used deck period can fetch around 300/350, unless they're beat to hell

Needles definitely will depend on which ones they are.

If you get no bites and need a quick sale, put them up for around 550/575...make it firm though so no one low balls it.

Post on Craigslist first; quick check doesn't even see much DJ equipment period for sale in the Ontario sections...make it asking $700 or best offer and see what happens...
          FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
          "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
          Facebook!
          A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• DancingQueen
            AVB FanClub | President
            • Oct 2005

^^^^ yeah that was about what I was thinking of putting them up for

They are in really good condition, still have the covers, all the cords, and slip covers...and the needles are Stanton Needles....
            sigpic
            RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
            RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

^^^ having the plastic lids is a definite bonus! those dont typically come with them and can run around 50.00 bucks each.. plus if all the lights still work thats another bonus, thats one of the first things to go is the pop up lamps.. seriously, i would ask for 700.00 and stay firm

Comment

• unkownartist
                Banned
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by DancingQueen
                ^^^^ yeah that was about what I was thinking of putting them up for

They are in really good condition, still have the covers, all the cords, and slip covers...and the needles are Stanton Needles....

karen , try around various dj boards in ur area, u may find someone looking for what u have

Comment

• DancingQueen
                  AVB FanClub | President
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                  ^^^ having the plastic lids is a definite bonus! those dont typically come with them and can run around 50.00 bucks each.. plus if all the lights still work thats another bonus, thats one of the first things to go is the pop up lamps.. seriously, i would ask for 700.00 and stay firm
                  Yes all the lights still work as well

And I have some vinyl cleaner and the cleaner brush I can probably throw in.....so anyone want/know how to write up the proper specs, etc for the article?

Do I just say something like:

2 Technic SL-1200 MK2 Turntables with covers.
                  Mint condition, all lights in working condition and new Stanton Needles.
                  All necessary cables
                  Vinyl cleaner and brush included.

$700 or best reasonable offer
                  sigpic

Comment

• Steve Graham
                    DJ Jelly
                    • Jun 2004

yeah, you dont need to get into too much detail, everyone pretty much knows what Technics are, make sure there are pics.. and make sure you just specify that they are the Technics dust covers.. i just looked them up and they do run 45.00 each, plus you have to pay extra for the hinges.. Technics are great decks, but they really nickel and dime you on the parts... also, are the 45 adapters there too? may seem trivial, but you want the buyer to know they are getting a complete turntable

and maybe specify what sort of Stanton needles/catridges

Comment

• Jenks
                      I'm kind of a big deal.
                      • Jun 2004

dj forums dot com has a want/for sale section.

Comment

• FM
                        Wooooooo!
                        • Jun 2004

just note everything that comes with them, how good of a condition it all is, and include pics if you can....
                        FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                        "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                        Facebook!
                        A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• DancingQueen
                          AVB FanClub | President
                          • Oct 2005

also, are the 45 adapters there too? may seem trivial, but you want the buyer to know they are getting a complete turntable
                          I am embarrassed to say I am not sure what you are talking about, how would I know if they are
                          sigpic

Comment

• |Thrax|
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Mar 2007

for a pair with brand new needles you should be able to get at least $700.00.. I'm assuming the decks are in good condition
                            my friend just parted with his for 700 for orafons too.
                            This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
                            Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

• Steve Graham
                              DJ Jelly
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DancingQueen
                              I am embarrassed to say I am not sure what you are talking about, how would I know if they are
                              little round silver things with a hole in the middle for playing 45 rpm records

Comment

Working...