X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cj Tari
    MCast Resident DJ
    • Nov 2004

blogger arrested

Unbefriggingbelievable. Violent crime is on the rise in the US.
    We can’t find Osama Bin Laden in seven years.
    Millions of illegal aliens are hiding in the country, gainfully employed.
    And we’re arresting music bloggers.
    A Los Angeles blogger has been arrested for allegedly sharing music online. Twenty-seven-year-old Kevin Cogill was arrested by FBI agents at his home Wednesday and charged with violating federal copyright laws. He is accused of releasing several Guns N’ Roses songs from their album Chinese Democracy before the album’s commercial release.
    Cogill was arrested in his pajamas, and government agents recommended that bail be set at $50,000.
    What does this tell the world about US law enforcement priorities?
    We’re keeping the world safe for big business.

was just reading this, pretty damn funny, something is completely wrong in our country, sometimes it just feels that our government is catering only to big businesses.
    ..:: listen :: react ::..
    http://www.myspace.com/djcjtari
    http://www.facebook.com/cjtari
    http://soundcloud.com/cj-tari
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: blogger arrested

That's the power of the big business music for you !!

Having said that , I still think he is a dickhead!! Stealing the music was bad enough, then spreading it around?? Way to support your favourite artists NOT!!!

Btw the it's easier to catch bloggers in their jimjams than Osama Bin Laden
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• AntonyM
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

What I find more incredible is that Axl Rose actually has finished recording that Chinese Democracy album.
      Originally posted by Shpira
      So came back last night...
      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
      Originally posted by Illuminate
      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• sammwalk
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

^^lol.

seriously people need to start getting used to the idea that all digital information is free. I know it's not fair to the creators but we can't really undo the internet now can we. time to shift gears into licensing and live performance sales.

Comment

• chunky
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jan 2006

Apparently they are going after people who have been sharing that Invol2ver thing next.
          Originally posted by res0nat0r
          OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• jeffrey collins
            Not cool enough
            • Jun 2004

i'd just like to know how he got his hands on the recordings. I would've thought the only people that had that were close friends of the band and a few music excutives.
            Jeffrey Collins: Painter
            My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
            My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by sammwalk
              ^^lol.

seriously people need to start getting used to the idea that all digital information is free. I know it's not fair to the creators but we can't really undo the internet now can we. time to shift gears into licensing and live performance sales.
              You mean we have to get used to the fact that people always steal and cater accordingly???
              Originally posted by TheVrk
              it IS incredible isn't it??
              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• 88Mariner
                My dick is smaller
                • Nov 2006

you mean you can steal and publicize as-of-yet private music and get punished? no ways.....

i'm wondering how badly this will affect the release of chinese democracy. it might be delayed a few years. (there goes my free Dr. Pepper )
                you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• lilsensa
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Chinese Democracy was to be this huge project by Axel Rose...I forget how long he has been working on it...But, this is ridiculous. Has that album even been released yet?? Not that I'm anticipating it.....
                  RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• TheMightyGreg
                    Editor Shmeditor
                    • Nov 2006

As someone who works in the industry, I see this as a step forward in preventing, or at least slowing down the spread of illegal music sharing. Yes there are more 'serious' crimes that the police should arguably be dealing with in preference to this, but surely as a music forum we can all see the seriousness of muscians not getting paid royalties for what they create.

And yes, digital information is free, but digital products should not neccesarily be so. Just because it's easily done doesn't mean people shouldn't be prevented. And no-one's trying to undo the internet, but cases such as this will at least make people think twice before they give other people's music to 1000's of people they don't know and will never meet.

50 grand bail is completely absurd though
                    Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7

Comment

Working...