X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yao
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

I ruptured my right peck...

...and man does that feel !@#$%^&* afwful. I was bouldering (explosive climbing on short routes no higher than 5m, unbelayed) and was getting down after doing a really cool one. Was hanging and letting myself down on my right arm spotting for a good place to land my feet, but my body was still twisting with my hand holding the grip and my armfully stretched -then suddenly heard a ripping sound and turned my head just in time to see (and feel) my shoulder extend a few centimeters! It has been ripped from my breast all the way up to my bicep, no tendon damage.

Funny enough there wasn't that much pain but the feeling and sound alone almost made me go unconscious, I went completely white in the face, started sweating like a fully clothed Eskimo in Death Valley and almost puked. I'm lucky enough to have only ripped my muscle, which should recover completely without any functional loss within about a month or less, but I sure as hell am going to leave the monkey moves to the monkies from now on . And hopefully going up the wall again in about 5 weeks tops...I got a climbing expedition to Morocco coming up in december so I wanne be completely fit for that...gotta build it back up really carefully.

Anyone got similar experiences, and if so, under what circumstances and how long did it take you to recover?
    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway
  • Dhar_2
    meat and potatoes
    • Jun 2004

Re: I ruptured my right peck...

egit!!

i know u maybe the missing link, but u should really look after yourself when doing stuff like this!!!

Comment

• TheMightyGreg
      Editor Shmeditor
      • Nov 2006

Ow. Fuck bro that sounds terrible. Never torn a major muscle like that but ripped a bit of my kneecap off playing rugby. Think it took me about 3 months to be able to walk without crutches
      Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7

Comment

• Shiva
        MCast Mistress
        • Nov 2007

Sorry to hear that...wishing u a quick recovery!

Comment

• BureOne
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

ewwww, damn! That sounds horrible!!! Take care and hopefully it does not have long term effects!! Take it easy man!

Comment

• Dhar_2
            meat and potatoes
            • Jun 2004

u sure u werent just jerking off a bit too vigourously!!

Comment

• Yao
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Hmz, that might be it.... Nah, wrong muscle. Anyway, it has been getting much better in the last 2 days already so I'm so hoping that it's going to be recovering much faster that I anticipated, but gotta be patient I guess. I kinda have the feeling it's one of those weird injuries one doesn't come across too many times in life...lol.

I went to Ikea to ease the pain tonight, haha -but a paracetamol works better.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• simonr
                Transitionator
                • Jun 2004

Fuck that sounds painful ... wishing you a speedy recovery.
                sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• DancingQueen
                  AVB FanClub | President
                  • Oct 2005

Wow, that sounds really painful Yao....I hope you feel better soon!
                  sigpic
                  RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                  RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

I thought you ruptured your right peckER, which probably raises another question about the left. Nevermind.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Yao
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

I have only one yoghurt cannon feather, just like you...it's just twice as big

Comment

Working...