X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Radio Silence

I had noticed that for all the talk about her, Ms. Palin herself had been conspicuously absent since her announcement -- she gave a speech, and we haven't heard shit from her since then. My guess is she's been sequestered while they try to get her ready for prime time.

Now, however, the McCain campaign is moving from not letting anyone talk to her to not letting anyone talk about her:

ST. PAUL, Minn. — John McCain's campaign on Wednesday angrily called for an end to questions about its review of Sarah Palin's background, deriding a "faux media scandal designed to destroy the first female Republican nominee" for vice president.

"This nonsense is over," declared senior campaign adviser Steve Schmidt in a written statement.

"The McCain campaign will have no further comment about our long and thorough process," Schmidt said, lashing out at "the old boys' network" that he says runs media organizations.
    Read the latest headlines, news stories, and opinion from Politics, Entertainment, Life, Perspectives, and more.

Translation = "We now realize that this pick has completely blown up in our face, and we're going to closely control the message to make sure the situation doesn't get any worse."

If there's any good that came from this from McCain's standpoint, it's that everyone shut up about how awesome Obama's speech was by about noon on Friday. By making this pick, the McCain camp obviously hoped to make news, and mission accomplished on that front. Be careful what you wish for, though, IMO -- they've drown out their own message of how great McCain is and how awful Obama is by redirecting all the attention to Palin's Sea of Controversy and the McCain campaign's own laughable screening process.
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: Radio Silence

damage control. if you can't access her, she can't say anything that will be held against her. Her speech tonight will be very very safe.
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• thesightless
      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
      • Jun 2004

do u think they will allow bob barr into the debates?
      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

no. if they didn't let ron paul in, then they're definitely not going to let barr in.

he's a traitor to the elephant man! it's not about ideas, its' about political tribalism.
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• toasty
          Sir Toastiness
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by 88Mariner
          no. if they didn't let ron paul in, then they're definitely not going to let barr in.

he's a traitor to the elephant man! it's not about ideas, its' about political tribalism.
          Serious question -- wasn't it the RNC that made the call on Paul, though? If the network hosting the debate wants to allow Barr, is there anything the RNC can do about it?

Comment

• thesightless
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
            Serious question -- wasn't it the RNC that made the call on Paul, though? If the network hosting the debate wants to allow Barr, is there anything the RNC can do about it?
            ]
            black.ball

Comment

• 88Mariner
              My dick is smaller
              • Nov 2006

you amuse me sometimes toasty. do you honestly think there is a clear distinction between the two?

----PEACE-----

Comment

• toasty
                Sir Toastiness
                • Jun 2004

you amuse me sometimes toasty. do you honestly think there is a clear distinction between the two?
                Not following you. A distinction between the RNC and the media outlets that host the debates? I thought ABC got cut out of this one after that god awful gotcha debate...

Comment

• thesightless
                  • Jun 2004

RNC and DNC i think he means.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                    My dick is smaller
                    • Nov 2006

to answer your question seriously, I don't know. you'll have to google around.

it's awesome that Paul got 12000+ persons into his convention. I've never seen anyone cheer so loudly for the phrase "Austrian Theory of the Business Cycle" before. I'm almost 100% sure nobody at the GOP convention knows what that even means.

----PEACE-----

Comment

• toasty
                      Sir Toastiness
                      • Jun 2004

it's awesome that Paul got 12000+ persons into his convention.
                      I was very heartened by that as well. Why the RNC decided to shut him out, I'll never know. Dude would have killed.

Comment

• shosh
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2004

that just made me think of bob barr... who do you think he's going to pick as his vp? lieberman?

Comment

• thesightless
                          • Jun 2004

hmmml... it would throw him and the party into the spotlight and finally give us the voice we needed on TV

Comment

• 88Mariner
                            My dick is smaller
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by shosh
                            that just made me think of bob barr... who do you think he's going to pick as his vp? lieberman?

welcome to planet earth. his vp was picked months ago.....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• shosh
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2004

welcome to planet earth. his vp was picked months ago.....
                              tbh i had forgot that i knew about root... root-barr

Comment

Working...