X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ribbario
    Underwater
    • Aug 2006

The Wackness (2008)

It's the summer of 1994, and the streets of New York are pulsing with hip-hop. Set against this backdrop, a lonely teenager named Luke Shapiro spends his last summer before university selling marijuana throughout New York City, trading it with his unorthodox psychotherapist for treatment, while having a crush on his stepdaughter.
    Mixes !!!
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: The Wackness (200

Good? Was planning to catch this at the filmfest but passed. You must've liked it enough to sample it for your mix!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• res0nat0r
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • May 2006

Ya how is this? I have seen the previews, have wanted to check it out, and I freaking love Ben Kingsley, he has been too undercover brother lately, amazing actor. Also let me know how Famke Janssen looks too, she is pretty average.

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Think I'll catch it this weekend, hitting the main screens.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Sweet movie, great soundtrack.

Comment

• jay813
            Platinum Poster
            • May 2005

it was pretty good, although the soundtrack was bangin, sometimes it seemed like it was one of the only redeeming qualities...the story was meh

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Yeah the soundtrack definitely outshone the movie, and that was purely for nostalgic reasons. The movie ... I get the whole 'growing up over summer' theme, but there wasn't enough oomph to empathise for the protagonist. The best scene was probably when the kid and Kingsley went out drinking, Kingsley was getting it on, and their dialog on the street before they tagged the wall and got thrown into jail.

I think the movie was trying to do too many things. It looked like it could've done something with the family dramas, or it could've focused on the dope dealing, they could've made the whole film about the kid and Kingsley pushing that cart through the city and all the weird interesting characters that buy dope from them. And then there was the love story ... felt like three potential movies there.

Comment

• Shpira
                Angry Boy Child
                • Oct 2006

Good film..I am pretty sure I watched it a while back like 4 months ago but I was so high I couldn't remember shit...saw it again last night and I remembered "euphoria!!!" and the part wen he talks on the phone and tells her he loves her...
                Yeah the soundtrack is awesome.
                The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• ribbario
                  Underwater
                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Shpira
                  and the part wen he talks on the phone and tells her he loves her...
                  Mixes !!!

Comment

Working...