Digweed says he's going to start using Traktor...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Homegrove
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Digweed says he's going to start using Traktor...

And every prog-board is full of folks asking about what laptop to use with Traktor, what controller to use with Traktor...

Are we such sheep?
    Forward thinking house music
  • Taylor Norris
    Platinum Poster
    • Oct 2005

Re: Digweed says he's going to start using Traktor...

Richie Hawton get's down with his equiptment in a selection of videos that can show you many new levels of Dj'ing and production too! http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=73388562&blogID=428835413 Here we were just yesterday talking about Richie and the future of DJ'ing and suddenly Richie

Comment

• lilsensa
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Macbook Pro
      RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• hypoluxxa
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

I already have a mixer that is recommender for it... Now I just need the Mac Book Pro...

Comment

• Taylor Norris
          Platinum Poster
          • Oct 2005

Things are changing. This is going to be the future. In the videos that Richie has put on on his rig, he sais it best. It goes something like....

"As long as you are doing something else with the extra time the computer provides by beatmatching for you then it is acceptable."

Im afraid that all the years I have spent perfecting the skill of beat matching and DJ'ing with nothing but 2 techs and a mixer will be wasted. How does this help me compete in the era of the software DJ? This is the future... whether we accept it or not.

Comment

• Homegrove
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

You can't use Traktor like Hawtin is using it if you play music where the tunes are actually good.
            Forward thinking house music

Comment

• pr0ficient
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Apr 2006

So is he going to use Traktor 3 alone or is he going to use it with Traktor Scratch & time code CDs/vinyls.

I couldn't see him moving away from CDJs to an entire midi setup (or midi + mixer). Who knows though.

Comment

• pr0ficient
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Apr 2006

I’m probably going to be switching to Native Instruments’ Traktor Scratch,” he confides.

Looks like his cdjs will be sticking around, so he's not going all out digital yet

Comment

• Taylor Norris
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Oct 2005

The article says John Digweed is going digital. Are'nt CD's a digital format? Glad to hear he's sticking with the CDJ's though. I have only been using Serato for 1 year and hate the thought of scrapping my gear for a MIDI setup....

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                    Not cool enough
                    • Jun 2004

Ibm 386!!!!!!!!
                    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• darin epsilon
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jul 2004

I would totally switch to Traktor Scratch but I'm always afraid a lot of clubs won't be equipped with the audio box that is necessary. Wouldn't want to show up to a gig only to realize that I'm a sitting duck.
                      Website | Facebook | SoundCloud | Beatport | Twitter | YouTube

http://soundcloud.com/darinepsilon/darin-epsilon-perspectives-072-pig-dan-frisky-radio-may-2013

Comment

• day_for_night
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by darin epsilon
                        I would totally switch to Traktor Scratch but I'm always afraid a lot of clubs won't be equipped with the audio box that is necessary. Wouldn't want to show up to a gig only to realize that I'm a sitting duck.

exactly. everyone here either uses serato or cds, so unless there is some magic way to switch out from serato to traktor while playing live (who knows...maybe possible), then i can't really make the switch.

i do know that you can add in the serato box one channel at a time while playing live, however. not a stress-free maneuver by any means!

Comment

• lilsensa
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

All you would have to do is bring it yourself....Never be at the mercy of some club by assuming that they would have the gear that you use.....Bring it yourself, that way you can only blame yourself if YOU forget something..Problem solved...bring your own laptop, Searato/Traktor software and box...

The only factor that needs to be considered when using Serato/Traktor is to getting to the club way before the gig even starts because you cannot these up without interrupting what is already going on..Meaning, that for the most part, you would have to have the current dj stop playing so that you can set up and test....Not cool.
                          RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• day_for_night
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

^
                            |
                            yes, that is what i mean. traktor/serato/et al need to figure out a way to switch out on the fly.

another possible solution...if you have got one guy wanting to use serato and another traktor...could you possibly set both of them up beforehand? it would likely be a god-awful amount of cords behind the mixer, but i'm curious if it could be done. anyone?

Comment

• ShawnD64
                              Quickshot the Minute Man
                              • Jan 2005

there defo needs to be standards in dance music. with all these cool and creative ideas, it gets harder to support all djs. serato is big in boston, i have yet to been able to play out without binging my own cdjs. there are techs 1210s everywhere.... which is cool to see, but i only use cds. the bigger places have cdjs, but i havent been booked at any of those places yet.

digweed can afford to do it, i would imagine everywhere he plays will cater to his needs
                              http://soundcloud.com/scd64
                              http://www.myspace.com/scd64
                              http://b-sidesradio.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...