X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • timkell
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

NY Times article on Bush's Faith Based Presidency

Seems even some Republicans are uncomfortable with Bush.

This article is scary. You'll need to sign up for NYTimes.com, but it's free.

This guy doesn't even know the difference between Sweden and Switzerland, and people want to vote for him?

The article really sums up why I could never vote for Bush: The fact that
    he won't even consider dissenting opinions and never seems to do any
    due diligence before making decisions to me is basically negligence.
    He views it as faith, which scares me even more.

I need someone I can trust will consider the facts before making a
    decision and will welcome disagreements, and I can't trust that Bush
    will do that. That's what really scares me about him.

I'm not big on Kerry, but I can trust he will do that at least.

Before you go and call it liberal bashing, read the whole article.
    FunkyCozy
    A FREE Minimal/Techno/Tech House Party @ Anu
    Every Last Saturday of the Month
    Residents: Jonathan Beech, Sinukus, Tim McCormack
    Next Cozy: Saturday, October 28
    3rd annual Halloween bash, FunkyCozy vs. [Kontrol]
    with guests Alland Byallo (Liebe Detail) and Craig Kuna
    Wear a costume!
  • mixu
    Travel Guru Extraordinaire
    • Jun 2004

Re: NY Times article on Bush's Faith Based Presidency

It scares the shit out of me that he's the most powerful man in the world...
    Ask me a question...

Comment

• Yao
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Goes well with my topic on Politics and Religion...

Really scary stuff, and while Michael Moore the ?berdemocrat concentrates on the economical side, and only that side, he has totally neglected the influence of the president's faith in someone who's already 2000 years dead.

I don't put my trust in a corpse.
      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Civic_Zen
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by timkell";p="

So your getting on Bush for not knowing the difference between Sweeden and Switzerland, but yet YOU don't even know the difference between liberal's and conservatives.?

I think you meant to say "Before you go and call it conservative bashing" since thats what Bush is. A Republican = conservative.

But then again, maybe you just made a mistake and had a brain fart right?? Just like Bush did when mistaking Sweeden for Switzerland.

But I'm not even going to defend Bush on that front, because he is an idiot. All the coke he did in college I guess. But Kerry has a whole other slew of problems too. Amazing how synical everyone's viewpoint is. "Anyone but Bush." And yet, Kerry is just as bad and even worse on some fronts.
        "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
        "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
        - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• timkell
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Civic_Zen";p="
          Originally posted by timkell";p="

So your getting on Bush for not knowing the difference between Sweeden and Switzerland, but yet YOU don't even know the difference between liberal's and conservatives.?

I think you meant to say "Before you go and call it conservative bashing" since thats what Bush is. A Republican = conservative.

But then again, maybe you just made a mistake and had a brain fart right?? Just like Bush did when mistaking Sweeden for Switzerland.

But I'm not even going to defend Bush on that front, because he is an idiot. All the coke he did in college I guess. But Kerry has a whole other slew of problems too. Amazing how synical everyone's viewpoint is. "Anyone but Bush." And yet, Kerry is just as bad and even worse on some fronts.
          No, actually you just misinterpreted the sentence. I wasn't saying "bashing liberals". I was saying liberals bashing (as in liberals bashing conservatives), which is often referred to as liberal bashing. It's the stressing of the words you're having trouble with. Listen to Rush Limbaugh, and you'll hear this sooner or later.

If Bush just had a brain fart about Sweden, he would have made fun of that fact when he saw the guy the next time. Instead he goes up to him some days later and says, "You're right. Sweden does have an army," as if he went and did some research and confirmed this difficult to verify fact. If I had done that, I would have gone up to the guy and said. "Wow. I can't believe I mistook Sweden for Switzerland. That was funny, huh? Sorry about that." He wasn't even embarrassed about it. It wasn't a brain fart. It was a lack of knowledge.

Like I said, I'm not big on Kerry, but I need to trust the president will use reasoned consideration of all of the facts before making decisions. Since Bush won't do that, he's got to go.
          FunkyCozy
          A FREE Minimal/Techno/Tech House Party @ Anu
          Every Last Saturday of the Month
          Residents: Jonathan Beech, Sinukus, Tim McCormack
          Next Cozy: Saturday, October 28
          3rd annual Halloween bash, FunkyCozy vs. [Kontrol]
          with guests Alland Byallo (Liebe Detail) and Craig Kuna
          Wear a costume!

Comment

• Yao
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Civic, I don't think Timkell doesn't vote on Bush just for not knowing the difference between Sweden and Switzerland, that was just to illustrate the fact that Bush isn't troubled by any knowledge on a lot of topics, however trivial they may seem.

Read the article first, then comment.
            Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

Working...