X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

The End of Facts

When a politician says something, the assumption is that it adheres, however loosely or distantly or illogically, to the truth. This week has shown that assumption to be hopelessly naive.
    First, the McCain campaign repeated the falsehood that Sarah Palin said, “Thanks, but no thanks” to the “Bridge to Nowhere.” (Really, she said, "Thanks" and "No thanks.") Then they suggested Obama wanted to teach kindergartners about sex—he did no such thing. Then they accused him of calling Sarah Palin a “pig with lipstick”—a stretch, even according to Mike Huckabee. And now they suggest—citing FactCheck.org, no less—that Obama propagated “misleading” rumors about Palin.
    The FactCheck folks are displeased. Today they posted an article saying the McCain ad “distorts our finding.” They had called the Palin rumors “misleading,” but in no way suggested the rumors were coming from Obama. The Annenberg Center’s director, Kathleen Hall Jamieson, is mulling whether or not to take legal action, since the McCain ad technically violates their copyright policy. Jamieson tells me a statement may be forthcoming: “Earlier ads have done the same thing,” she writes. “I am trying to make sure we have identified all of them before issuing a statement.” ......cont'd

it gets better after the jump.
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----
  • sammwalk
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: The End of Facts

i'm not that old and I've only been really politically aware for about the past four elections but this is by far the dirtiest and most shamelessly lying spectacle I've seen. I'm really beginning to agree with the whole racist angle. the republicans just wouldn't be going this far for anything else.

question: why in the media's eye does outrage belong to the republicans? i guess it comes down to the general attitude of the two parties...the republicans are just so arrogantly smug and mocking. they play the media better than the democrats, and the public rewards them.

Comment

• BabyMatty4Block
      Getting Somewhere
      • Sep 2008

totally agree with you. i just can't understand why the public rewards them though...

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

why are journalists so goddamn stupid? that's what i'm wondering. they're the filter for bullshit, and there's a goatse-sized hole in the filter imo.
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Jenks
          I'm kind of a big deal.
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sammwalk
          i'm not that old and I've only been really politically aware for about the past four elections but this is by far the dirtiest and most shamelessly lying spectacle I've seen.
          agreed. it's so fking gross.

Comment

• thesightless
            Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
            • Jun 2004

www.senate.gov <<<<hint hint. proves obama and mccain are party line voters, not uniters or facilitators of change.
            www.house.gov <<<nothing here for the big 4, but proff nonethellss.
            your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
            download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

Working...